Fractured ankle in foreign country and relatives here kicking like football

jespah

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2013 04:26 pm
@pacific,
Hey, if you can't trust a Boston Terrier in a pink bunny suit, who can you trust? Wink

Hey, we're here to listen (er, read). Being in a strange country and being injured is gonna be unpleasant no matter what. Hang in there.
0 Replies

MattDavis

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2013 06:40 pm
@pacific,
pacific wrote:
Thanks a lot buddy Smile for being patient and understanding my state. I know i am getting too much hysterical and might be frustrating many users Sad

You're welcome buddy. No need to apologize. I am not frustrated.
Your emotions are your own. It is what you do with those emotions that matters.
I hope that you can find a way to not let other people's hateful comments, make you a hateful person (I know you are not one).
None of us are perfect.
I have hurt people. People have hurt me.
The important part is how I am going to treat people in the future.
And how they are going to treat people in the future.

Don't loose your sensitivity, channel it into something good.
Make that sensitivity into empathy.
Maybe not right away. But in the future.... Very Happy
0 Replies

pacific

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 03:16 pm
@pacific,
Hi Folks,

First of all, thanks a lot for positive and affirmative replies. But i am looking for one more suggestion in light of what happened.

i want advise on relationships. My aunt and uncle were not responsible for this mess. It was their daughter (s), responsible for that mess and putting me into such degraded situation in which i live on my own now. So i want to discontinue all my relations from their daughters, as if they cannot even care in such a difficult time, when our families are on good terms, whats the entire point of such worthless cousins. They know my father is 65, it would be very difficult for him to come to US, and if his health detoriates, it would be even more issue as i am myself helpless. And my parents had done so much for them.

One of my uncle from India called me and said she is immature but you are mature and not to break relationships, or in military terms, Request for Ceasefire and open negotiations. She is more than twice of my age. I never abused once, she was the one that gave threats and abused.

Thanks for suggesting
MattDavis

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 07:36 pm
@pacific,
A parent will always have a strong obligation to their children.
No matter how wrong a child is, a parent will feel duty to protect their child.
Your aunt and uncle probably feel this way about your cousin (their daughter).
I think you should try to maintain a good relationship with your aunt and uncle.
Try not to "put them in the middle" of your problems with your cousin.

The expression is "take the high road".
It is wrong what happened and not your fault, but still do the right thing and work on a better relationship with your aunt and uncle.

That's my advice anyway. Very Happy
pacific

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 07:48 pm
@MattDavis,
Nope. Smile

I had thought, discussed with my parents and i personally think they are not guilty of anything that happened. They were just part of this unfortunate thing. However, i do not see maintaining ties with my cousin because she has always been like that, like bossing and putting her opinions on people. I am little peaceful by nature, so i was submissive to her.

What happened has changed everything, so i don't think i can keep my calm with her now. Since, we meet for like 1-2 weeks in a year, mostly have formal relationships and in that duration if we fight and create scenes, it is better to discontinue. But yeah, relation with uncle and aunt remains same, and since i kept my side clean (i did not abused back), they are good with my decision.

Thanks again Smile
0 Replies