I asked girl if she wants to talk

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 12:28 pm
I recently meet a girl and asked her If she wants to talk like to see if we possibly date and she said she wants to but it makes her nervous. like she thinks she will hurt me and she don't wanna do that. I don't know what means exactly but I think it means break my heart right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 722 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 11:02 am
@cornelljdav,
There is no way to know what she meant based on the info you have given. Any guesses by anyone here would be fruitless.

Here is a novel idea that you obviously did not think about. When she said it makes her nervous, why didn't you ask her why it makes her nervous or what makes her nervous. That would have gotten a much better answer than what we can provide since it would have come straight from her.

So go ask her again what makes her nervous. The possible dating thing? The talking to you? Or what.
cornelljdav

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 11:54 am
@CoastalRat,
I did. I asked her and its the possible dating thing. she's scared to try things again because she was hurt really bad. her ex who she was with for 4 years went to the military and when he returned he dumped her and got married to a girl he knew 6 months later.I even asked why she keeping me around if she don't want anything seriously because its a waste of my time and that since we started talking she daid she don't wanna waste her time but I felt she was wasting mines so I asked her and she said because I'm debating if I want to try to date me or naw because she said she likes me and wants to but she don't wanna hurt me like she feels she will hurt me. I told her well since you can't decide I'm wasting my time waiting so I might as well leave then. she said tell u wat when I come home in 5 days because she taking a trip I will let u know if I want to date u or not. I said great. she told me she really doesnt wanna date but I guess she don't want to lose a guy as good as me. like she I think it hit her that she good lose a good guy and she don't want that. I originally gave her til my bday which is st Patricks day n then I was gonna cut her off if she didn't decide but she doing even better by doing it next week..I pray she say yes
CoastalRat

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 12:45 pm
@cornelljdav,
Well then, it seems you asked and she answered, so I am not sure why you would come to a forum and ask a bunch of strangers what something she said means.

But in any case, you seem to be taking the right approach. You should not have to wait forever for her to decide whether or not she can move forward with a relationship with you. So good for you for realizing that and giving her a deadline. The real key is that once the deadline passes, move on and leave her alone.
cornelljdav

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 09:42 pm
@CoastalRat,
I'm the type of person who likes to see what others think. that's all it is to. I always have my own answers, just like to hear from different people. who knows, maybe they could say something I might not know and I could learn from them as well. its like a learning process without asking a real teacher. more like asking a "friend"
0 Replies