How would WW2 change if Turks had joined Axis Power?

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:28 am
How would WW2 change if Turks had joined Axis Power?

Rockhead

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:36 am
@High Resolution,
there would be less turks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:36 am
England would no longer have had a source for the crucially important turkish delight. Churchill would have become more and more despondent, neglecting the important decisions. Hitler would have won, there would have been no internet, AND THEREFORE NO PLACE FOR LOONS TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THESE!
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:48 am
@High Resolution,
Why dontcha play Hearts of Iron III and find out the answer to the question to yourself?
But a word of advice, a video game isn't a video game anymore, when it can accurately simulate a war scenario.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:58 am
Yeah . . . right . . . people just wake up one morning, diddy-bop on down to the cabinet meeting, and decide to join a major international conflict for no earthly reason, and in which they have no compelling interest, even though they will suffer a significant loss of life and treasure, with no prospect of any benefit.
aspvenom

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:01 am
@Setanta,
Oh don't take it like that. I was just saying a video game is just a video game in a very sophisticated way. I guess sophistication didn't do it justice.
Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:06 am
@aspvenom,
Wild-eyed, unfounded speculation might be a more accurate description . . .
aspvenom

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:11 am
@Setanta,
Indeed, but it'll keep the lad busy enough to not come here and ask absurd what if scenarios. Although it's fun to annoy someone with.
What if pigs flew?
What if McDonald sold hotdogs?
What if a black person joins the KKK?
What if donuts were square shaped?
Laughing
Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:20 am
@aspvenom,
I use the pigs fly one usually in response to this type of drivel. I enhanced that recently by responding to my own hypothetical that we'd need really heavy-duty umbrellas . . .
aspvenom

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:34 am
@Setanta,
I'm gonna sound like a total nerd for saying this Embarrassed The first reference i thought of at the mention of heavy-duty umbrella is Roberta's Kevlar weaved umbrella with a built in shotgun from the Black Lagoon anime. Brilliantly done anime IMHO.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 12:31 pm
@aspvenom,
aspvenom wrote:

What if a black person joins the KKK?

Laughing

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 12:33 pm
@aspvenom,
aspvenom wrote:

I'm gonna sound like a total nerd for saying this Embarrassed The first reference i thought of at the mention of heavy-duty umbrella is Roberta's Kevlar weaved umbrella with a built in shotgun from the Black Lagoon anime. Brilliantly done anime IMHO.

I have Black Lagoon on my Netflix Instant Streaming queue. I plan on watching it after I finish the first season of Downton Abbey and the last remain 3 seasons of Monk.
Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 12:36 pm
Oh wow . . . this thread has turned interesting . . . who knew?
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 12:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
You have a very good taste sir. Cowboy Bebop is also one of my favorites up there. I might have myself a anime marathon with my lazy cat fluffy seeing today is friday Very Happy
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 12:48 pm
@aspvenom,
Last month, I bought the complete series of Samurai Champloo on BluRay (pretty damn cheap on Amazon). I hope that Cowboy Beebop comes out on BluRay (at a reasonable price) too.
aspvenom

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 12:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
Same here. Don't get me started on Samurai Champloo. I was so disappointed to find out that they stopped making more and there wasn't going to be a season 2. Sad
0 Replies