Anxiety Test

Roberta

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 10:40 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Roberta wrote:

61 for me. I'm surprised it's that low.

You got a D- Roberta! HA! I got an A-! I win!! Surprised

I'm proud of you. And impressed as hell. Also secretly envious.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 11:55 am

Same score as Chai. There have been times in my life when I would have matched her higher score, too.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 12:12 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
……... Adopting a more positive outlook could have a profound effect on the way you view the world, your role in it, and your level of anxiety.
Chai, very thoughtful and well-written posting

However chemical anxiety is underaddessed. A tiny amount of some otherwise common compound--its origin perhaps totally obscure--circulating through the brain might engender the most intense anxiety; while likewise the dose of another might restore the victim, if not to a cheerful outlook at least a neutral plane

aspvenom

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 12:22 pm
@dalehileman,
Point duly noted. How's kava kava working out for you?
dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 01:26 pm
@aspvenom,
Quote:
How's kava kava working out for you?
Pertinent Asp you should ask. The four taken together require about an hour or so to act, whereupon they return one (me anyhow) not to a "high" but to a sort of neutral plane

Of course for fear of side effect I don't suggest larger dose
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 09:34 pm
Me have 46. Much bueno.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 11:08 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
For what it's worth (probably not much hereabout), try one or two tabs each of 5-HTP, St John's wort, kava kava, and ginseng
Hello dalehileman, I have found that St John's Wort positive-izes my mood, it also kind'a over-energizes me. I am not personally familiar with the effects of kava-kava or 5-HTP though.
Chumly

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 11:11 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
I took the text twice. First time answering how I feel now, then again on how I felt 10 years ago when things were bad...
Hi chai2, I appreciate your perspective.
Chumly

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 11:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Also...as in almost every psychological test...there were ambiguous questions...questions that I wanted to qualify the answer I gave...but had no way to do so.
Hello Frank, it seems inevitable that tests such as this will have the round peg / square hole scenario unless / until psychology become better than a soft-science.

I have been reading / waching a lot of Richard Feynman as of late and his view is that psychology is a cargo cult science http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult_science
Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 11:56 pm
@Chumly,
That anxiety test is a perfect example of the dark side - junk psychobabble. Hardly related to what I would consider the worthwhile aspects of psychology. 'Real psychology' should probe with some sort of depth. It doesn't deal lightly in nuances and rely on such a worthless test to predict anxiety level.

It makes me want to scream, puke and pull all my hair out. It's all my mother's fault. I hate her!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:29 am
Ya know.....

I think it would be self evident to a reasonably intelligent person that these tests are not meant to be gospel, 100% true for 100% of the people who take them.

Apparently not.

However, this one did address some of the major symptoms of anxiety, i.e. lump in the throat, pervasive anxious thoughts, distraction, etc etc

Then again, what would we have to quibble about?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:33 am
I just do this stuff for fun, much like playing Monopoly or Charades.
chai2

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 07:23 am
@edgarblythe,
That's because you're more than reasonably intelligent.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 12:14 pm
@Chumly,
Quote:
it also kind'a over-energizes me.
Thank you Chum for that response. Perhaps your dosage is a bit higher than I observe
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 12:16 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Yea Chai, or get angry about, for God sake
dalehileman

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 12:25 pm
@Chumly,
Chum your appreciation of Chai is much appreciated by chaps charismatic, cheerfuly
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 12:44 pm
@chai2,
In the closet of psychology there many skeletons, some more definitive than others while many even more egregious than dispositionism. But these tests taint the entire field. For example there are the personality tests which are poor predictors of job performance. I hope when I'm in the job market searching for something, such a test is not the last variable standing in my way. In my mind, in reference to physical sciences, I see psychology as nothing more than a pseudoscience. But then you will tell me: asp, it's a soft science not a pseudomorphine. And I'll reply potato, patato. Razz
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 07:46 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
Yea Chai, or get angry about, for God sake

Not me, I'm a chill 17.

The Dude abides, take comfort in that.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 02:24 am
Holy ****. 3??? Seriously? I thought I would be way more uptight than that... Shocked
0 Replies