Anxiety Test

Chumly

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 02:24 am
Try it if you wanna http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=1597

This is me: Existential Anxiety @ 50

amygarside

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 06:20 am
@Chumly,
Thanks for sharing the website!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 07:29 am
@Chumly,
Quote:
You have a high level of existential anxiety, which can be best explained as a sense of dissatisfaction with life and a feeling that things are somehow beyond your realm of control. Overall, people with such an outlook often feel helpless, as though nothing is predictable or stable, and wonder why they are not as happy as other people appear to be. They may sometimes feel out of control, afraid of the future or even question whether life has any meaning. Your regular flashes of existential anxiety could send you on a downward spiral if you don't get a grip on them. Adopting a more positive outlook could have a profound effect on the way you view the world, your role in it, and your level of anxiety.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 08:23 am
@Chumly,
Quote:
Snapshot Report
Existential Anxiety
Your score on this scale was low, indicating that you are generally satisfied with life and are able to handle the fact that there are things beyond your control. You likely feel pretty good about yourself on the whole, and generally don't experience a debilitating amount of worry over the future. Individuals with this profile are typically able to find some kind of meaning in their lives, which alleviates the occasional feeling of futility. Although you have flashes of existential anxiety from time to time, you are able to get a grip on them before they send you on a downward spiral. This positive outlook certainly has a profound effect on the way you view the world and your role in it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 08:28 am
My score was 59
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 09:43 am
@Chumly,
I was too anxious to take the test.

Seriously, I scored a 59. Better than I thought. Hard to answer accurately as some of these same answers are due to having an arrhythmia being the cause and not anxiety.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 10:38 am
Existential Anxiety

Your score on this scale was quite low, indicating that you are generally satisfied with life and are able to handle the fact that there are things beyond your control. You likely feel pretty good about yourself on the whole, and don't experience a debilitating amount of worry over the future. Individuals with this profile are typically able to find some kind of meaning in their lives, which alleviates the occasional feeling of futility. You may have the rare flashes of existential anxiety from time to time but are able to get a grip on them before they send you on a downward spiral. This positive outlook certainly has a profound effect on the way you view the world and your role in it.

Who knew! Moi! Thankfully, that 'bout sums up life these days ~ 'tis wonderful Very Happy

(give or take the odd curveball that needs to ripple out Wink)
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 11:06 am
this time a lucky number
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 11:22 am
I scored a 7...and I am delighted that I did.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 01:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank? You're only 7 points away from Nirvana. Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 01:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Frank? You're only 7 points away from Nirvana.

Oh ****...I hope not.

Now I'm anxious!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 03:28 pm
61 for me. I'm surprised it's that low.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 03:57 pm
@Chumly,
For what it's worth (probably not much hereabout), try one or two two tabs each of 5-HTP, St John's wort, kava kava, and ginseng
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 07:21 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

61 for me. I'm surprised it's that low.

You got a D- Roberta! HA! I got an A-! I win!! Surprised
chai2

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 08:00 pm
I took the text twice. First time answering how I feel now, then again on how I felt 10 years ago when things were bad.

First time 17
Your score on this scale was quite low, indicating that you are generally satisfied with life and are able to handle the fact that there are things beyond your control. You likely feel pretty good about yourself on the whole, and don't experience a debilitating amount of worry over the future. Individuals with this profile are typically able to find some kind of meaning in their lives, which alleviates the occasional feeling of futility. You may have the rare flashes of existential anxiety from time to time but are able to get a grip on them before they send you on a downward spiral. This positive outlook certainly has a profound effect on the way you view the world and your role in it.

From the past...

You have a high level of existential anxiety, which can be best explained as a sense of dissatisfaction with life and a feeling that things are somehow beyond your realm of control. Overall, people with such an outlook often feel helpless, as though nothing is predictable or stable, and wonder why they are not as happy as other people appear to be. They may sometimes feel out of control, afraid of the future or even question whether life has any meaning. Your regular flashes of existential anxiety could send you on a downward spiral if you don't get a grip on them. Adopting a more positive outlook could have a profound effect on the way you view the world, your role in it, and your level of anxiety.

Good news for someone experiencing anxiety is that things can change, for sure.
Ceili

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 09:34 pm
23. Sounds about right.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 05:12 am
I got a zero so I guess I'm not anxious.
Bennet

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 05:36 am
@Mame,
Same here, and to tell you the truth, it was pointless.
I never really got into the cult of psychology tests. Sue me for not going along with a test that try to place me in a confined box which I don't fit well.
Might as well consult a palm reader and a psychic after this.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 06:42 am
@Bennet,
Also...as in almost every psychological test...there were ambiguous questions...questions that I wanted to qualify the answer I gave...but had no way to do so.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 10:37 am

0 Replies