I made my bed and now I have to lie in it....Newbie Here!!

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 09:41 pm
I’m not sure where to start from such a long drawn out story so I’ll try to keep it as short as possible. I’ve been having an emotional/physical affair with another man for a little over a year. He is engaged and has two children, I am also in a long term relationship of 4 years and my child is grown. We are co-workers so that makes it even more risky and to add insult to injury, this is not the first time this man and I have had something between us. We first started our emotional affair 5 years ago. It lasted 2 or so years until his then girlfriend found out. She almost left him; he almost lost his family and home because of it. We went no contact, cold turkey and never spoke again. I was fine with it all. Then at end of 2011, he transferred to my building with his job and within a month, we were talking again. Things were fine at first, just friendly and no crossing boundaries. We were both playing ‘hard to get’. Then one day, it changed. We went from 0 to 60 and took a complete 180. We started having our sexual conversations like before and opened a shared email between us both to correspond and send pics/videos. We have not slept together, the physical contact we’ve had is just kissing like teenage kids. We’ve skyped when he was away on a business trip and the videos/pics have left nothing to imagination. We have written letters to each other and gone into great detail, but we are both too scared to consummate our ‘relationship’. Here is the issue….. Things are very up and down, we are both emotional wrecks most of the time and we’ve many failed attempts to stop whatever it is were doing and work on our own relationships. It never works. One of us always breaks the NC or we stick it out for a little while and one of us conveniently runs into the other and it starts all over again. He claims he is happy in his relationship and makes it very clear that he is not leaving his family. He has told me over and over that he doesn’t know what his life would be without his children (both under the age of) and that he has worked too hard for what he has, he’s scared to lose it. Never once has he told me he loved his fiancé. NEVER. He is very ‘wishy-washy and he goes back and forth, one day he is very pushy, the next he isn’t. Me on the other hand, I’m very unhappy in my relationship and have been for a very long time. I have jumped hurdles for the man I’m with and tried so many ways and times to get us back on track, but he refuses to work on us. Ours is more a relationship of convenience than love. It’s sad but true and I know what I must do to fix that, but it’s also scary for me to leave because I still hold on to hope that maybe one day he will see that I wasn’t a horrible person and that we could have been great together if he had given me a chance. Yes I am a liar and a cheater and I’m well aware of that, I’m not justifying my behavior at all but a person can only take so much before they seek attention elsewhere. Now my affair with the other man has reached a very difficult point. His fiancé started to see that something was different in him and that things were getting distant so he ended it again at the beginning of the year. We went 5 weeks NC, the longest time ever. Then he contacted me again. He claims that he values my friendship and wants me to remain in his life, but the rest has to stop. I’m not sure if I can do that. I think I fell for this man long ago and I’m just too scared to say it out loud. I’m intensely frightened by my attachment to someone I haven’t even been fully intimate with and the thought of letting him go physically makes me ill. He won’t admit to me what he feels about me, just says that he doesn’t want to complicate things more by saying something thats not relevant if it can never be. I’m lost….I really have no idea where to turn or what to do. I don’t know how to live with either of these men in my life at this point and I feel like I’m suffocating. Any insight or thoughts would be helpful since I’m going thru this all alone……

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 07:32 am
You are unhappy, need attention and this unavailable sexy man keeps coming into your life - BUT he won't really commit to you.

So where's the mystery in all that?

Please settle your issues with your present relationship first. Once you get free of him, you may have a different viewpoint of your cyber-affair.

You really do need to learn to stand on your own two feet, as a woman, you know.
SofiaMia12

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 01:00 pm
@sickchick,
An affair takes so much energy. I had one whilst also in a relationship, now I look back and it was such a horrible place to be. Extreme highs and lows, nothing is stable and you kid yourself you have it under control. You simply cannot live like that. Get rid of your current men (both of them) and move away, start something fresh. This other guy is unlikely to leave his fiancé so you will always be second fiddle. I'm sure you deserve better than that. Good luck, and be strong.
0 Replies

Georgia27

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 03:30 pm
@sickchick,
Very difficult to remain friends, it really is. Women are involved much more emotionally. Try your very best to not let him be your sole focus and in time things will get better. I promise.
0 Replies

tbill2012

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:06 pm
@sickchick,
Hello there my dear woman.
Well I have to admit that I too am a liar and a cheater, and also have nobody to talk to about this.
I am a married man and have been for almost 10 years and love my wife. Four years ago I met a single woman and there was massive fireworks between us. She knew I was married and had concerns, but I told her or rather used manipulative words to keep her. This was a very physical relationship! Oh I should probably explain that I am an OTR truck driver and away from home for a month at a time. She also is a driver with the same company. We traveled many places together because we would ask our planners to send us together on different loads destination about the same. The problems started when it was time to go home... I was going home to my wife! I lied to her about things and she would be heart broken but would get over it for a bit. I guess you can see where this is leading and she actually tried to break it off a few years ago but came back to me. Her attitudes got worse as time went on about me going home and would really let me know about it. More lies! In February she was really serious about breaking it off and for some reason it was with a vengeance. I tried to keep the relationship together but it just got worse. She did though spend some time with me on a few loads dispatched together but after that, again it was with a vengeance. Finally I had to stop and smell the roses or manure whichever you please. She told me that her friend from home was helping her put me the married man out of her life as she has had enough. No friends, no communications no nothing and she is very serious about this. It is very gut wrenching to me as I love her (question later) and miss her conversations and contact greatly! But as your post suggests, I too have made my bed and have to lie in it. Questions:
1. how, why or is it possible to love or be in love with more than one person?
2. Why do I have this sick feeling inside of loneliness, anxiety, frustration, etc.?
3. Will I fall into the same trap or pattern again?

I fully realize what I have done, and am devastated by this, but I will get over it without eating me up?
I believe my wife has no idea of my cheating, and she still loves me as I do her. Whew such webs we weave in life. So I am willing to carry on a conversation with you about this if you wish. I is good to talk to someone as I have nobody to talk to about this matter. I really know how you feel about the situation that you are in. There is no-place for us cheats to voice our pain. I may be a liar and a cheat but I hurt too. This site is the closest I have found. Peace to you and those around you.
vikorr

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 05:50 pm
@PUNKEY,
I'm with Punkey - what exactly do you need to be told about this affair, or your own marriage? You seem to know where it's at for you.

On the flip side - your 'can't help but cheat' lover suffers from massive stupidity. He fears the loss of his children, but 'can't help himself '...what exactly do you think will be the result if his wife finds out about you and him? Will you toss it off as 'all his responsibility'? He has a serious fear of this outcome, right? Are you going to go about making that fear come true?

(please don't tell me you suffer from the teenage 'it'll never happen to me' syndrome)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 07:54 am
@tbill2012,
Trucker - you need to put the fireworks back into your marriage.

I always get a kick out of men who look for the hot thing on the side and maintain the "ole lady/mother/housewife" role for their wife.

- And don't think your wife doesn't know about your dalliances. She is just waiting for you to grow up or she is getting ready to leave you when you retire - then take half of that.

0 Replies

Goph23

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 10:09 pm
@tbill2012,
I'm new here but right there with you guys. I think I'm I love with both my spouse and lover, but in completely different ways. Spouse is comfortable but predictable and completely helpless, not able to take responsibility for anything or even pay any bills. Lover is also married but separated from spouse, respects me, tries to take care of me, and actually likes talking to me and listens to me. I know that neither me nor my lover will actually leave our spouses for good, but I love how I feel with this person. Spouse requires constant care it seems and when I have strong opinions, acts like I'm just crazy. I love both but in different ways and I don't know what to do. I know having an affair is wrong, but damn it feels good to be appreciated, respected, and taken care of for a change. I'm so lost here.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2013 07:55 am
@Goph23,
If you are looking for validation or permission for this kind of lifestyle, I think you are in the wrong forum.

Why stay with a person whom you disrespect and don't love?

Why waste your time with a person who is nothing but a fantasy?

0 Replies

templeblack

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2013 02:14 pm
@sickchick,
My advice: Break up your cyber whatever lover's relationship and date him. That way you both get what you deserve, each other whom are both cheaters. Also, I'm guessing that your boyfriend doesn't treat you right because you're cheating. Just because he doesn't know doesn't mean that he can't tell that you don't love, like or respect him. Why the hell would he be good to you? Cheaters are different people. You will always cheat. May as well date your own kind right so that you're not destroying another person, right?
0 Replies

angel eyez

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2013 06:14 am
@tbill2012,
hi tbill2012

I have read your story and feel maybe I can relate to what you saying, I too have no one to speak to cos my secret I will take to my grave I can never risk discussing this with ANYONE in my life
0 Replies

angel eyez

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2013 06:17 am
@tbill2012,
I hope I can chat with you about this with just no judging but your honest opinion
0 Replies