Katy sick, wish us well

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 11:08 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Hoping that continuing the antibiotics, and giving the hormones, will do the trick. Sending good vibes to both you and Katy.

Vibing along.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 09:41 am
@dlowan,
Happy girl this morning, she slept pretty well last night (works for me). Scarfed food and pills. I went to the computer room, a puddle. Ah well, the tile can always use some cleaning.
dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 02:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank heavens you have hard floors!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 02:22 pm
@ossobuco,
You are a wonderful mum to Katy - she's a lucky girl. Please add my hugs and kisses to those already sent by other A2K Katy-lovers!

And wow - your tiles must sparkle!
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 05:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Good thoughts..ongoing and a skritch for Katy and a hug for you, or vice versa.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 03:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Any more news of Katy? Keep returning here in the hope of seeing an update. I hope all is going well and no more puddles/problems!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 02:37 pm
@vonny,
Thanks for asking, Vonny - sometimes I feel I overdo the posting.

Anyway, a recap -
Tuesday: 3 leaks, one of them lake like
Wednesday: 3 leaks, none of them lakes
Thursday: 2 leaks
Friday: no leaks
Today, Saturday, 1 small leak so far (it's about 1:30 pm here)

She's been back on the antibiotics since Tuesday evening, and has been taking a hormone pill 2x a day as well. Haven't gotten a report on whether there will be an antibiotic change yet, but I was told that would be a while.

It's warming up here this week, so Katy will get some sun lounging time in.
vonny

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 03:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Loving an animal the way you love Katy, it would be impossible to overdo anything - posting included! I, for one, am totally enthralled by her progress - please do keep updating! It's one of the first threads I come to when I log on to A2K. One can quickly become involved where a dog is concerned. Katy sounds so loving, and is so loved, that it's impossible not to be interested in her wellbeing.

Leaks lessening each day sounds good - as does the emergence of the sun, always good for a dog to feel its healing warmth. I'll be interested to hear how the antibiotics and hormone pills work.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 03:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks for the update.

As you know, I am not a patient person. Hey, Katy! Hey, vets. Enough already.

I want Katy well.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 03:11 pm
@ossobuco,
Less lakes....apparently diminishing leaks. Crossing fingers for Katy's drying up.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 03:23 pm
@ossobuco,
How 'bout less beer? I got word that Katy sneaks them.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 04:54 pm
@Ragman,
Not from this house. Wine sipping would be more likely..

Vonny, I bet you haven't seen photos..

http://able2know.org/topic/187834-20#post-5095099
firefly

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 09:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Diminishing leaks sounds good. Maybe the addition of hormones was what Katy needed. Whatever seems to be working, I hope it keeps on working, since things seem to be moving in the right direction.

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 02:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh she's lovely - just as I imagined! I'd seen her as your avatar, of course, but that's only postage stamp size on my laptop. Those eyes are gorgeous! How large a dog is she - German Shepherd or Labrador size?

Lots of love and hugs to her. Get well soon young lady - you've got a lot of people worrying about you!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 02:56 pm
@vonny,
Great minds run in tandem, I was just about to post.

It was first mentioned that she is a czech shepherd (I looked that up and there are arguments re if that is somehow a separate strain from german shepherd) but on her paperwork that I have, she's just called a german shepherd, black and tan.

Me, I could call her goldilocks, at least in certain lighting.

Shewolf of a2k fame met her, and .. .. .. their hair sort of matched. Shewolf's a beautiful woman, and that day her hair was fulgent black and gold. Of course they liked each other.

Recap - Friday, no leaks
Saturday, two smallish leaks, one in the midnight hour by the sink, and that might have had something to do with me filling a water bottle at the sink, blurrily. Or not.
Sunday, today, nada so far, but the day is still young.

I had to keep her out in the last hour as I was browning cut up pork shoulder for carne adovado. I think making her stay in the house for that could be considered dog torture.
roger

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 04:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, Albuquerque's dog list didn't include czech shepherd, so they did the best they could.

Right now, vonny, she's about 56 pounds, which is appropriate to her size.

Anyway, it sounds better but not quite ready for a victory dance.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 04:43 pm
@roger,
All true.

On looking at her past records, she started out at around 72, and when she came to live with me was at about 62 or 66, depending on what paper I read..
56 is just right, and steady there recently, despite all this goombah going on.
jespah

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 04:57 pm
@ossobuco,
How's the woofer doin' today?
roger

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:07 pm
@jespah,
Can one Tweet about a Woofer?
Ragman

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:09 pm
@roger,
hahaha! Yes, and you do it with frequency, no less!
0 Replies