Katy sick, wish us well

jespah

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:11 pm
@roger,
The universe might explode. It seems risky.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:42 pm
@jespah,
Only if you're a tweeter..

A spill about twenty minutes ago. Not too bad, as spills go, and the first one of the day.
jespah

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Oy. But are there at least fewer of 'em? I'm sure it's frustrating all around.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:30 pm
@jespah,
It's not too hard on me, as I'm a stay at home person now, mostly. Worrying, the worry, aggravating, the clean up, but in the scheme of things, nothing at all.. she's a lot of my joy and she is the one dealing with how an infection feels. Plus maybe whatever the hell else is going on, if something else is (there's a selection of possibles).

Tnx for checking in, Jes.
Here's a dog paw to you (the left one.. she seems to be left handed).
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 09:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Another not quite lake.
My posts here are helpful as I am not chart person..
Ice Demon

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 09:53 pm
@ossobuco,
It's good to hear that your love for the dogs runs stronger than the urinary infection. I imagine this will peter out as time pisses by.
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 10:09 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Is it good for you that my love for a dog goes past an infection?

Why did you delete? But, no, not really, I don't care. When I was growing up, I remember our 13 year old family rottie was euthanized due to incontinence.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 10:32 pm
@Ice Demon,
I edit, it is a way of writing and rethinking while writing.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 12:06 am
@ossobuco,
ohhhh, so that's Katy. So nice to see photos. I hope her progress continues.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 01:36 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't known any Czech Shepherds, but Katy certainly has a lot of similar characteristics to German Shepherds I know - the beautiful autumnal black and gold of her coat, her large intelligent eyes, the sweeping tail. A lovely looking dog. The weight that Roger posted sounds about right too.

Such a pity about the leaks - so frustrating for her, and for you. How does she seem apart from that little problem? Incontinence in itself isn't too hard to cope with once you get used to it - our first Labrador, who lived to almost 17 years old, became incontinent in her fifteenth year, and we found that we got to know the signs and were able to get her into the garden before the inevitable flooding. She had other problems too - cataracts, some arthritis - but she loved life and still had fun eating and going for gentle walks. Do you still think there is some underlying infection? I do hope you get it cleared up for her - she seems to be such a loving and loved dog.

Carne adovado - that's a new one on me! I'll have to read all about it on another of your threads. Sounds interesting - no wonder you've made sure Katy is out of the way - she must be salivating!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 01:50 pm
@vonny,
Katydid, also know as Bottom Drawers or Sweet Skirts, is fairly peppy, which I think is a good sign. At first the vet and I were worried re the possibility of diabetes, as her chart history showed she was once bounding around at 72 pounds, but it seems that's not it.

Today, so far - it's only 12:46 pm here - no spills.

My own worry is that the lipoma she has is somehow changed and interfering. The vet is doing the usual in the meantime, re the antibios et al. Other stuff requires another level of tests.
Ice Demon

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 01:56 pm
@vonny,
Did I ever tell you that you're weird? Infections take time to heal, but you seem, by your tone of writing, to be more anxious about Katy than her owner? What's up with that?? Are you Katy's godparent?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:14 pm
@vonny,
Vonny - here's a link on carne adovada or adovado or adobada or adobado, I can never remember the spelling:

http://able2know.org/topic/184658-1
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:26 pm
@Ice Demon,
Please don't insult vonny, ice person.

I am realizing Katy probably had this going on for a while before clunkhead (me) got it, and the vet talked last about antibios for more weeks.
vonny

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:35 pm
@Ice Demon,
I don't see why I should explain myself to anyone, but I will - on this occasion!

I lost a wonderful dog in the New Year, and still feel raw with grief. So perhaps I do wear my heart on my sleeve - at least it's a warm heart! I hate to hear of any dog being ill, and of any owner worrying about their pet. Ossobuco has a beautiful dog who is currently unwell. I care - and I post that I care. Why do you take offence at a simple display of empathy?

But this thread belongs to Ossobuco and is concerned with Katy's health, it would be bad form to digress. finis!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Just seen the recipe on 'dinner tonight' - and seen a picture of it - mouthwatering - thank you!
izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:43 pm
@vonny,
Here's a heartwarming doggy story I've posted elsewhere.

Quote:
Firefighters in Poland say a small dog probably saved the life of a three-year-old who went missing from her home overnight in freezing temperatures.

The child, Julia, vanished on Friday and was found lying in marshes several kilometres from her house on Saturday morning, with the dog by her side.

She is now in hospital in western Poland, suffering from frostbite after temperatures fell to -5C (23F).

Firefighter Grzegorz Szymanski said the dog kept the child warm enough to live.

"For the whole night the animal was with the girl, it never left her. Remember, it was 5 degrees below zero and the child was wet," he said, adding that the animal was the most important factor in the girl's survival.

Julia was found lying in marshland
More than 200 people had searched for the child overnight. It is thought she spent hours wandering through the forest near her home in the village of Pierzwin.

Her parents had last seen the three-year-old playing in the backyard with the small black mongrel.

She was eventually discovered by firefighters after she was heard crying for her mother.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21643100
Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Hey, there's enough worry to go around. I'm this dawg's long-distance aunt. I want my niece well! I want osso to stop having to worry about her.

Hell, I want a lot of things, but I'll settle for a well dog.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Saw that.
I believe it.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:54 pm
@ossobuco,
Katy attaches to the bottom boxspring in the middle of the night.
0 Replies