Katy sick, wish us well

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 08:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Hi, Glitter. Well, she has at least one infection but it may or may not be urinary as well as vulvar, and she could still have diabetes (etc.).
Monday, Monday...
roger

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 08:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Is she better yet? yet? yet. . . ?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 09:18 pm
Give her a scratch behind the ear for me. I hope you've seen the worst..
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 03:52 am
@ossobuco,
Fingers crossed pet.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 05:05 am
@ossobuco,
Very much hoping the antibios are starting to work and the results on Monday will be good.

((Osso)) x

<scritches for Katy>
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 09:04 am
@ossobuco,
Sending chin scratches to Katy. Hugs to Osso.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 09:12 am
@Swimpy,
You all seem to know how much she loves chin scratches. When she wakes me in the a.m., it's nose to arm and then she raises her nose as far up as it will go and awaits underchin pleasure.

update - she piddled inside twice last night but not in flood proportions. I am hopeful there'll be weekend progress. She just got her second antibio pill + 1/2.
JPB

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 09:17 am
I hope things all get sorted so that Katy and you can go back to being best buds in full health.
dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 02:21 pm
@JPB,
Any news?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 03:10 pm
@dlowan,
No, but slightly funny -
Diane and I were about to go to the pet shop (I needed to get dog food) and out for coffee (I just got back, lots of laughs, stories of old friends, which was cheering) so I let Katy out to pee before being away. She got her nose out the door and backed up, it being very gustywindy out. I prodded her out. She turned around and barked her head off at me through the glass. I let her back in.

That was a mistake - I went to the back room to put the computer to sleep and then, returning to the kitchen, saw urine puddle anew. Paper toweled it as temp measure...

Diane and I did talk about how dear our dogs are to us now. Sally love is aging too, hard for me to believe, to me she will always be two or three evermore.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 03:29 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

You all seem to know how much she loves chin scratches. When she wakes me in the a.m., it's nose to arm and then she raises her nose as far up as it will go and awaits underchin pleasure.

update - she piddled inside twice last night but not in flood proportions. I am hopeful there'll be weekend progress. She just got her second antibio pill + 1/2.

Maybe it IS an infection?
Berty McJock

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 03:42 pm
sounds like the anti-biotics are helping. hope they continue to.

chin up katy! (i don't know if you say that over there. here it means...aw crap, i've used it out of context. here it means cheer up. not what i was really meaning to say. it was the scratching chin thing wot did it.)

get well soon katy, sending over some dogfood flavour grapes for the wee patient. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:31 pm
@dlowan,
Yes, it is an infection, I said that back there somewhere - her vulva was inflamed, clear indicator and the full urine testing not done yet - but diabetes/kidney stuff may be going on too.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:37 pm
@Berty McJock,
I am sussing maybe, but I've turned from debilitated a lot to knowing there are treatments.

We do say chin up.

On the other hand, dogs shouldn't eat grapes (or, I take it, raisins), which is, in itself annoying.
roger

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Withing knowing for sure, it sounds like progress. The times I had her out for visitation, she would squat and pee every fifteen feet or so, but with not much result. Possibly, there was some restriction that is now being helped. I sure hope so.

By the way, that was always outside. Never inside the residence.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:52 pm
@roger,
It is patently clear she gets going out. Sometimes lately she cannot manage to nose me to get to it. Last ten days or so, more is going on.

What do you mean, some restriction that is now being helped?

roger

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:57 pm
@ossobuco,
I meant obstruction. Something, swelling maybe, might have been interfering with her ability to void the bladder, but she still has to go frequently. Just a thought.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 05:11 pm
@roger,
'k. Doc ruled that out, that stuff happens fast. I don't remember if you were in the room or not then - I was asking about pet gnaw bones.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 05:21 pm
@ossobuco,
I asked you if you wanted to be there and you talked a long time about your computer, while I stared at you. It was in the same small room where Pacco died, but you didn't know that. I asked again and you said no, except you would be alone in (the lobby, you smiling).
I figure you have taken it I overreact.
0 Replies

Berty McJock

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 06:56 pm
@ossobuco,
yeah but you give people grapes when they are unwell, so i've invented doggy-grapes. Smile