Katy sick, wish us well

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 05:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Foundy )) Love it lols.

Actually, I do beleive you are right, regarding the photo of you and your dog, sorry, I did forget the name and it was way early in the morning for me, here.

Apparently, our left side is smaller than our right, or visa versa on each individual person if you look close enough and start with the eyes...

There sure is a beauty in aging, you can still see the youth if you look close enough Wink
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 05:46 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Maybe that is related to the left brain right brain stuff? I've no idea.
My left eye had five surgeries, thus the strangeness (it looks on my right in the photo). On a good day, I can still read the computer if I close my right (the Good One) and identify objects near and fairly far. The collapsed facial aspect adds character, if not wit.

Anyway, photos, I do love photography. Have batches of unpopulated threads on it.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Katy would understand, so I'll add

I once took a photo of a woman in Guatemala called Juana un diente, and when I got home, made a drawing and then etching of her, me beginning in art.
She was doing that in a market town in a country where you didn't want to photo natives as they didn't like it, for good reasons. It wasn't a tourist place as we know them back then, but we visitors did show up.

My shame is that at the time I had no clue of what was going on in the country, learned all about that later.

Anyway, if we live long enough, face will happen.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 03:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Do you still have the drawing of her?

Love to see it.

I guess that is what learning is about, we are not supposed to know everything there and then, it's if we understand later that it counts.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 03:37 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I have the etching and I think the drawing, plus the photo. Maybe I'll start a thread on it after scanning them. It's no brag thing, a learning episode, but also dear for memories of going to Guatemala and Mexico with two girlfriends, both spanish speakers. We had one hell of a lot of fun (stories, I've got stories). That was in '73. I might show their photos as none of us look like we did then now.

Anyway, Katy is puddle free now for 63 hours.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 03:40 pm
@ossobuco,
63, the year I was born Wink That's fantastic news.

I think that would be great, I for one am very interested and I am sure it will bring back memories for a lot of people that forget what we did 20 or so years ago... Found old photos myself not long ago and was stoked to look at them all.

Not an artist, very artistic but in food / clothes not drawings, though I dabble a bit, D is the artist and his daughter is more so, extremely clever.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Anyway, Katy is puddle free now for 63 hours.

Sounds good.

http://innerfulfillment.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/smiley20face_thumbsup.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:11 pm
@ossobuco,
Glad to hear about the unpuddled abode. Hope this means that K the magnifica is on the mend.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:14 pm
@Roberta,
I am guessing/hoping so, but won't be surprised to see some more puddles (oh, hello).

K the Magnifica, like it.
roger

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:51 pm
@ossobuco,
That sounds quite positive. So, we're looking forward to another ~ 113 pills and still hoping.
firefly

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 07:43 pm
@roger,
Quote:
So, we're looking forward to another ~ 113 pills and still hoping

But Katy can look forward to 113 gnocchi, or peanut butter cookies, or any other savory treats her doting mom prepares for her to help that medicine go down easily. I hope that, for her, that's an upside to this ordeal.
roger

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 08:21 pm
@firefly,
Hang on to the positive thoughts.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 08:22 pm
@firefly,
Lessee - Thursday was the 14th, 2 pills
every day since (6) x 3 pills = 18
total to now = 20
126-20 = 106 left

She's a sucker for the gnocchi, which is a good thing since some of them are smaller or larger and funny shaped (I'm not a tidy gnocchi maker) and the pill will often stick out from one surface. No matter, fast gulp.
She's still taking the flavored hormone pills 2 x day, and I'm being better about giving her a glucosamine/chondroitin liver flavored pill for her right leg arthritis. The peanut butter treats are outside the medicine delivery system, just for pleasure.

None of that is difficult. Seems like her water intake is decreasing, which would be a good sign, but I don't want to mention that in case she hears and gets thirsty.

She hasn't shown displeasure, embarrassment, etc. about peeing in the house - but I'm sure a urinary tract and vaginal infection together have been really irritating for her, especially over all this time. She is my, well, our, sweetheart.

dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 02:40 am
@ossobuco,
How's the weeing inside count going today?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 03:30 am
@ossobuco,
This is really good news Ossy. Give Katy a stroke from me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 07:48 am
@dlowan,
3 full days and 8 hours sans house puddle. . . . .
but today I go for my biannual visit to the eye surgeon, which takes unpredictable time since it's a clinic situation, but this is the "short" visit of the two per year. I may well come home to a puddle, which would be understandable and I wouldn't automatically put that in the 'getting worse' column. I don't leave her outside when I'm not here. She would bark the neighbor's spaniel to deathward, agitating for both of them.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 07:58 am
@ossobuco,
Good luck with the eye doctor.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 08:10 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks. At this point, it's a routine check to see that things remain in a steady state. Always possible they're not, which is why they check, but I don't have any sense that things aren't ok.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 08:18 am
@ossobuco,
Fingers crossed anyway.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 08:19 am
@ossobuco,
I hope that your appointment goes well - and that Katy is somewhat successful in not needing to puddle while you're away.

eh(lives in a house of doggie pee pads)Beth