what helps curb alcohol cravings from my body? /help with withdrawal?

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 05:49 pm
I can't function without alcohol heelllllllp

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 06:53 pm
@wonder91,
Sure you can.

I used to steal from my mother just to get a drink, have the next thing to an anxiety attack if I had to go in to take an exam at university without a load on. I was a semi-functional alcoholic for more than 40 years. Haven't had a drink now for 17 years, four months, five days and several hours.

Seek help. I suggest a call to Alcoholics Anonymous (they're in your phone book, right near the front). Read the 'Big Book' of Alcoholics Anonymous, go to meetings, talk to other people like yourself who have kicked or are kicking the habit.

I'm 74 years of age now and the past 17 years have been, hands down, the best years of my life. It's amazing how different the world looks when you can view it with a clear vision. You need help. I suggest you seek it.
0 Replies

wonder91

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 01:22 pm
Ive been sober as of late
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 05:14 pm
@wonder91,
Good for you, wonder! You should still seek help in staying in recovery, however. It's relatively easy to stop drinking. It's hard as hell to stay stopped. Joining an A.A. group can help you get a grip on the basics of "What the hell do I do when I'm not drinking?"
0 Replies

wonder91

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 09:13 pm
Im doing good staying sober Smile small victory
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 02:20 pm
@wonder91,
wonder91 wrote:

Im doing good staying sober Smile small victory

Wrong. Major victory. Exclamation
0 Replies