farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 03:02 pm
Heres a bottle or two of Tupelo Hunny. Absolutely indescribable

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4600739842558226&pid=15.1
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 03:17 pm
@Lola,
Point taken - and noted! Thanks Lola. Not shy - just British. Quite happy to engage in even a heated discussion, but prefer to remain as a contented observer until I know the rest of the clientele better. Meantime - your cake is divine. My compliments to the chef.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 03:21 pm
@Lola,
His olden house interests me too - none of my business of course, but I know I'd like it. And the studio he recently built.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 04:20 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
You would be safe enough. Really you would.

I would not. With a XXX Lola. I would be in deep trouble I fear.
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 06:32 pm
@spendius,
Had to drive to mid Delaware today. A sign of spring thats better than the first robin is that the Adams Brothers Generl Provisioners in Fredericka are selling Fresh Muskrat , a Delaware spring tradition that goes back to the foodless days of the great Depression.
I once tried muskrat and found it vile and disgusting but Im not very adventurous in eating many species of rodents.

SOOOOO, Ill have a lapsang souchong with some Tupelo hunny.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 06:43 pm
Walks in and picks up a honey laden biscuit, ... mmmm good! (whether it immunizes me or not). Hello all. I'll have a strong coffee and another of those wonderful biscuits.

Farmerman, did you get any of the predicted snowfall in southern PA? Our Folks north of Baltimore were expecting up to 8 inches and, as I understand it got none at all.

Its partly cloudy and cool (55 deg F) here in California, but the first hints of a Spring are in the air.

Who is the Brit over there watching everyone? Is that Spendi snuggling with Lola over there in the corner?
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 07:53 pm
@georgeob1,
spendi is a sweet little poppet aint he?

The snow was another fizzle We rec'd about 2 inches but it melted as the snow turned to a driving cold rain that lasted into the late afternoon. Sleet, rain, sleet rain.

game of chess?
georgeob1

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 09:21 pm
@farmerman,
I can't stay sore at Spendi. He's a source of an often needed dose of irony in these discussions, and his perspectives are often both amusing and refreshing ... at least to me. It's only the occasional bursts of spitefulness that annoy me.

Sure, though I need another coffee before I start. I suspect we'll find that you are a better player than I.
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 10:43 pm
@georgeob1,
cant either (to share a secret). i often get annoyed at his chosen field of contrariness, but not long.

Ive got barn duty again tonite (we should be done lambing by next Mon or Tuesday (I hope)), so Ill probably be sitting on a haybale plopping dreck on A2K .

I got a new Billie Bob Thornton Netflix to watch an a thermos of hot chocolate, wool blankets on some haybales, so Im not wanting for a thing.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 12:39 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I would not. With a XXX Lola. I would be in deep trouble I fear.

Oh spendi...................................really, you would...................really. I'm innocent and trustworthy.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 12:45 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
spendi is a sweet little poppet aint he?

Quote:
I can't stay sore at Spendi. He's a source of an often needed dose of irony in these discussions, and his perspectives are often both amusing and refreshing ... at least to me.

You see there spendi? Even fm and georgeob, we all would welcome a little visit. Given a few months notice, I could and would scrap together enough money together to make it to where ever you chose to land.

OK, fm. I'm going to join you in the barn tonight. I want to check out this lamb business. Chess? I can't, I'm no good at it. But I love Billy Bob.
roger

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 01:09 am
@Lola,
Now, they didn't exactly say they would welcome a visit, now did they?
Lola

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 01:27 am
@roger,
Quote:
Now, they didn't exactly say they would welcome a visit, now did they?

No, they didn't. Free will governs these things. You know that, Roger. Still, I'll bet spendi would draw a crowd. But I could be wrong.
roger

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 01:51 am
@Lola,
I'm sure he would.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 03:47 am
@roger,
I could get spendi to help "much and fodder" perhaps.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 06:14 am
Despite the sound and fury and much ados, it bees Friday. And I need an extra strong in my coffee to get me kick started. I think spendi is more engaging these days than at times in the past. He seems to have found a new rythm.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 07:00 am
Woke this morning to a winter wonderland.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/frankapisa/100_1826_zps176b7e57.jpg

Wasn't able to grab the camera in time, but just before taking this picture, Nancy and I watched two fox kits frolicking in the snow just beyond the short wall there. They were jumping and playing like two kids in the snow. It was a delight. If they come back, I'll try to get a picture.

Glad I'm able to visit the cafe today without leaving home!

Coffee, today, if you please. Cream and sugar!
spendius

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 07:06 am
@edgarblythe,
I have a few rhythms ed. I can do corkscrew.
Ice Demon

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 07:29 am
@spendius,
Oh naughty boy, so you're well familiar with doing herky jerky twisters. Lighten your grip, spendius. Don't try too hard and you'll last supreme.
0 Replies