Lola at the Coffee House

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 04:48 pm
@dlowan,
Well, then, why doesn't someone say something? Speak up, y'all!
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 04:49 pm
http://medias.omgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Manatee-Face-bump.gif
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 04:50 pm

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6zwq8ez811razb3ho1_400.gif
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 04:50 pm
faggitaboudit
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:22 pm
Well, I'm celebrating Columbus' arrival in the New World by having some manicotti . Smile

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/assets/recipe_images/Cheesy_Manicotti.jpg

and, for dessert, with my espresso, some tiramisu Smile

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Cakes/Tiramisu2.jpg

While listening to Andrea Bocelli

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:36 pm
firefly

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:27 pm
Now here was an Italian voice I could listen to forever...

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 01:22 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Well, then, why doesn't someone say something? Speak up, y'all!

Nothing to say.
vonny

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 02:27 am
@dlowan,
American football - we have it on tv this morning - weird! At the moment it's Seattle v Indiana - no idea how old the clips are - seems to be a compilation of 'best bits' of games. Don't think I've ever seen it before - nothing like English football - more like a rugby match!
dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 08:36 am
@vonny,
I can't make head nor tail of US football. Nor rugby or soccer, really.
farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 08:41 am
@dlowan,
Its organized head trauma.
There was a great show on"Frontline" the other week about Traumatic ENcephalopothy, whwere , of 36 brain samples od deceased NFL, college, and one HS player, 35 showd advanced deposits of Tau proteins as lesions in the inner brain tissue.

Football itself is like taking AB steroids, the participants gldy give up twenty years of their lived to be in the spotlight as an NFL player.

Trouble is, much of the symptomology of the conditions (called CTE) results in the sufferer doing harm to their loved ones(including committing murder)
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 09:14 am
http://www.trollsmania.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Thought-For-The-Day.jpg
vonny

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 01:31 pm
@dlowan,
Is football in Australia the same as in England?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 02:33 pm
@firefly,
A wise person who worked as a counselor in a drug/alcohol rehab once told me: "Happiness is not getting what you want. Happiness is being able to appreciate what you've got."
spendius

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 02:52 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Everybody knows that Andy. It's just that if you have nothing there's nothing to appreciate.

Were you having treatment at the time in the clinic? "A wise person" rather than "a pal of mine in the pub contemplating a freshly pulled pint of cold and frothing John Smith's Extra Smooth on a warm night during a heatwave" suggests you might have been.

A more fanciful writer might have said "a pal of mine going up the staircase of a brothel in Monte Carlo with the lady of his choice giggling on his arm".
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 03:28 pm
@vonny,
If you want to know anything about NFL vonny you should find out which match is being broadcast live on Sky Sports and go down to the bookies and have £50 on one of the teams. Or £500 if you're well fixed. A sufficient amount to get you interested in every move.

A few weeks of that and you'll know the game inside out. And with average luck over a season you will only lose about 10% of your total stakes which is the bookie's fee for providing such a fast education in what is a very important social phenomenon in the culture of our most important ally.

Actually rjb's Pick Um game on the Sport threads does the trick for free. He's a good chap and I daresay he might allow you to join the game if you offer to start at .499. If he won't refer him to me. I am a member, in the loosest sense of the word, of the Pick Um Hall of Fame having won the title two years running from a standing start. It's a flawed game mind you as fm once pointed out when he was chagrined about my performance but you needn't worry your pretty little head about that.

Never write off anything that a nation is besotted with.

And think of the cachet in the pub when you can talk with authority about a matter your companions are pig-headed about. As a lady expert on NFL with a Geordie accent you could end up on TV.

spendius

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 03:37 pm
@spendius,
My DT (down thumber) has evidently not one single Bohemian cell in his or her body and coffee-houses are the centre of Bohemian culture because they facilitate the interchange of new ideas as opposed to being stuck in a garden centre in a backwater provincial setting.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 04:44 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I agree with that.
(I didn't thumb you down this time, Spendi, not quite up to being insegrevious.)
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 05:21 pm
@spendius,
Whoever is thumbing you own, spendi, has far better taste than I do, apparently. I've never thumbed you down because, to me, you're just too darn amusing to mess with. You make me laugh even when that's obviously not your intention.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 05:44 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm way past amused, just lazy.
0 Replies