Lola at the Coffee House

Debacle

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 02:56 pm
@BillW,
Well, Humpty Dumpty didn't enjoy that convenience. The poor egg.
firefly

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 02:57 pm
@vonny,
Quote:
Rather inbred up to now, but with Kate's bloodline mingling with the Windsor's, any new stock ought to be sturdier and hardier

Not to mention better looking. Smile
Quote:
Looking forward to seeing if it is a girl, now that she can be queen!

I hope it will be a girl for that reason. It's a shame to waste all that good jewelry on another male heir. Wink

BillW

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:00 pm
@BillW,
Yes, but they did make an omlete and serve it to the Queen. After all, Humpty was just a commoner.......
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:03 pm
bump again
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:03 pm
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNcEazpcOHbrHXkC6V4hFPvioOFykIw5F4izSAhGZ8BE48jgsd8hcnIdor
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:05 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

It's a shame to waste all that good jewelry on another male heir. Wink

Aren't the Royal Jewels male?
firefly

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:06 pm
The evening gala sounds quite nice. I wonder if I can get there in time.

https://www.coronationfestival.com/the-event/spectacular-evening-gala
vonny

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:09 pm
@firefly,
I think my invitation was lost in the post! Ah, never mind, I might pop down to London in the morning and see if there's any news of the new arrival at the hospital. All this interest has piqued my own!
firefly

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:10 pm
@BillW,
Quote:

Aren't the Royal Jewels male?

Maybe you're thinking of the condoms. Laughing
http://www.gayheartsweep.com/.a/6a013487ee1753970c014e882994d7970d-450wi
spendius

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:17 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
.it makes me feel as though I am in England right now.

You missed a great day here today ff. The first Ashes Test Match coverage on Sky Sports, for which I am prepared to allow the Dirty Digger some slack, started at 10 am. I missed the first few minutes of the wind up as I'm not an early riser, and went on to 6.30 pm with breaks for lunch and tea. Starting at 12 was the Tour de France on Eurosport, which is wonderful, and 10 races were on Channel 4 from Ascot, Newmarket and York.

I prefer to stay indoors in this heat we are getting. I know for some of you it is overcoat weather but it's hot for us and if I go out in it I am forced to see blokes in shorts and the sight makes me nauseous.

After close of play there was enough time left for two hours basking on the sun lounger and then watering the plants in my greenhouse, taking tea, having a soak in the bath to get my thirst more poised. a go on A2K, a few drinks of proper beer to get the giggles on, and cocoa and lettuce butties for sweet dream-time in which I have hopes you might appear.

But thirst things thirst.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:23 pm
@firefly,
You're apt to get a royal screwing with those things. Likely cost a king's ransom.
firefly

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:55 pm
@Debacle,
Quote:
You're apt to get a royal screwing with those things. Likely cost a king's ransom.

No, you get rewarded for putting up with a Royal screwing--with things that are worth a king's ransom.

Exhibit #1 Camilla--now the owner of some seriously good jewelry.
http://img.purseforum.com/attachments/celebrity-forums/celebrity-style-threads/1310657d1296276242-royal-ladies-fashion-thread-camillar2801_328x450.jpg
http://img.purseforum.com/attachments/celebrity-forums/celebrity-style-threads/1310678d1296277516-royal-ladies-fashion-thread-camillajewels.jpg
The Boucheron tiara and the Greville diamond necklace formerly belonged to Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.

If the new baby is a girl, she will become Queen, and inherit all of that jewelry, without having to go through a Royal screwing to get it. Smile

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/luisakroll/files/2011/04/300px-Elizabeth_II.jpg
It's mine, all mine. Smile

http://www.instablogsimages.com/1/2012/01/04/the_royal_jewels_goes_on_display_at_buckingham_palace_to_mark_queens_diamond_jubilee_2mbxw.jpg

For the next Queen...a little baby gift from grandma. Smile
Debacle

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 05:02 pm
@firefly,
Ah yes, the English roses, with a few other varieties planted round about the blessed plot.

But, of course, no one escapes scrutiny.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 05:09 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
No, you get rewarded for putting up with a Royal screwing--with things that are worth a king's ransom.

Are you suggesting that there is no passion involved and that it's just a grubby materialistic deal?

firefly

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 06:02 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Are you suggesting that there is no passion involved and that it's just a grubby materialistic deal?

Well, at one time, the Royal marriages were mainly pre-arranged, so how much passion would there have been?

Princess Margaret was prevented from marrying the divorced man toward whom she felt passion, and her subsequent marriage to Snowden was not a happy one and it ended in divorce. The more recent marriages of the Queen's children, 3 of which ended in divorce, seemed plagued with infidelities, suggesting that passion was sought outside of the marital bedchambers.

I have no idea how much passion is present in these relationships, and I can't say I really care, but as far as "materialistic deals" go, marriage to a Royal is far from "grubby"--the perks are quite nice.
firefly

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 06:18 pm
Prince William has a helicopter standing by, as the Royal baby watch continues. And the impending arrival is expected to infuse about $400 million into the British economy with the sale of memorabilia, party supplies, etc. So the as-yet-unborn babe is already earning his/her keep.

http://www.inquisitr.com/845970/prince-william-helicopter-video/
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 03:57 am
@firefly,
That's nibbling at the bait ff. I hardly think that Royal females are unique in being rewarded for getting screwed (your idea) and that Royal males are unique in being taxed for doing the screwing.

Jane Austen deals, almost exclusively, with females being "on the catch". By which she means a procedure which only looks similar to standing on the street corner to observant eyes.

Did you know that in all her brilliant works there are no scenes which do not contain women. She does not allow men to significantly converse among themselves.
ABE5177

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 02:38 pm
@Debacle,
bad egg

can we bet on baby name?
spendius

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 03:21 pm
@spendius,
It is a well known literary theory, although it is far more widely applicable than just to literature, that once the cheap, mass produced book came into being it was the ladies who were by far the most avid consumers of them. Firstly cheap to ladies of position and latterly to ladies of every stamp and condition.

Why that is is hardly a mystery so there's no need for me to mention the subject here before an audience of well-read and well-educated ladies and gentlemen such as Lola has gathered into this startlingly well-appointed and well-supplied coffee shop. Were a grande piano wanted it is just there on one whistle. We can change the ashtrays from tin to onyx with a flip of the fingertip can't we girls.

So it was quite natural to expect that publishers and authors would compete in this market using more and more extravagance regarding the estimable nature of the female sex, as is commonplace now with TV ads when ladies do the shopping for much more than books. The result was that ladies completely lost sight of what men think of them and think that men think of them the way they think of themselves and that it is perfectly natural and right that it should be so.

In the good name of Art, Jane Austen exposed those authors and publishers as nothing but sellers of wood pulp and intimated, in as understated a way as it is possible to be, that such a process would come to no good.

When one considers that some chap somewhere nowhere has only to bang his wife with a warming pan, her having driven him past his cut-off point, and what a toodo, and millions of men have died young and been maimed trying to bring women a better way of life, and have not done so bad either, it is a theory that might get some funding if it wasn't for ladies and chaps who think of women as women think of themselves blocking it.

Without this 300 years of romantic flim-flam I should think our ladies would bow every time they meet a man or pass one in the street.

As it is bathrooms are cluttered up with all manner of chemical substances of various colours and viscosities , a plumber I know counted over 200 in one bathroom, and the ear wax remover is discreetly placed behind an orange, flat bottomed container of some unguent said to smooth out scrawny neck tissue and crow's feet.

Laughter lines as well I suppose.

spendius

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:16 pm
@ABE5177,
Quote:
can we bet on baby name?

Don't bet on Wayne or Alvin or Mitt.