Lola at the Coffee House

Diane

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 09:05 pm
@firefly,
Firefly, I'm sure your sweet puppy will be welcome in the café. More and more restaurants have become dog friendly. I think that people who visit restaurants with their dogs make sure to watch them carefully to make sure they don't leave any unpleasant messes without being cleaned up.

I've taken my dog, Sally, to a local restaurant and even though she is a playful Jack Russell terrier, she is very will behaved and a lovely companion.

I'll be in line to pet your little guy as soon as the others have finished.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 09:13 pm
Bump
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 09:14 pm
bump twice
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 09:14 pm
bump again
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 09:41 pm
@Diane,
We have a couple in town that shows up in several restaurants with dogs identified as "Service Dog" Today's dog was wearing a rig called The Gentle Leader. I don't object to the dogs, but can't conceive of a legitimate service dog being so ill trained as to need a device like that. Osso and I both rejected the concept out of hand.
farmerman

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 05:08 am
@roger,
we have a service dog training center about 20 miles away near a town called Cochranville. They are forever training their service dogs by bringing them into areas where people are, like cafes. Many of these dogs are not fully "with the program" so they are restrained by such things as the gentle leads. The training tries to be based on having the dogs want to do their job and not forcing them.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 06:04 am

Day after day the pitiless sun beats down upon the semi-arid land, showing all too clearly the frost-blasted flowed buds and the straggling over-late growth of the eager vegetation.

Okay we've had floods of rain, weeks of snow, freezing conditions, extensive cold winds and now a drought.
Weather like this is what gives Britons their resilience and their twisted sense of humour.
George

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 03:15 pm
@McTag,
. . . and complexions
spendius

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 03:28 pm
@George,
Some of them are out of this world George. Creamy pink all over chubby, with freckles, cross-eyed, buck teeth, and eating a crispy apple.
farmerman

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 04:25 pm
@spendius,
back from trout fishin, we caught 4 today, all farm raised Im afraid. Kinda flabby but nice rainbows
spendius

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 05:03 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
all farm raised Im afraid.

Dude fishing now eh? Had they got them hungry?
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 02:09 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Creamy pink all over, chubby, with freckles, cross-eyed, buck teeth,

Speak for yourself, Spendius!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 04:32 am
Good morning. The usual, please. It's a blustery day out, for May. Record coolness. But I like it.
farmerman

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 04:37 am
@edgarblythe,
Warmish here, ysterday it was 65 and todays supposd to be near 70.
Ill have a glass of OJ and a cup of black n tan.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 04:45 am
Jeez...what time does a person gotta get here to be first with the Times puzzle. And does ya gotta do it in ink...so I can't erase?
vonny

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 09:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Here, Frank, have my copy; I haven't started it yet - pass it over to me when you've finished. I know you'll use pencil - considerate man that you are!
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 10:24 am
@vonny,
Frank isn't allowed pencils, they're too pointy.
spendius

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 01:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Did you see the President, izzy, say that GITMO is "not what we are"? That was pretty funny I thought.

When he was accused of the force-feeding, no need for that in here eh?, he denied it and blamed it on the Pentagon.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 02:11 pm
@izzythepush,
He can always use chalk!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 04:03 pm
@vonny,
Or chalk it up to mental power, no need for either ....................

Black tea please..... Teeze......see our mind can even change the words.......