Lola at the Coffee House

spendius

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:10 am
@farmerman,
Mainly water I should think. A dash of this and a dash of that, call it an exotic name, and you're in Seventh Heaven after having got there so felicitously.

How many it takes to get an uptight matron doing Knees Up Mother Brown on a table is the only matter of consequence.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:16 am
@farmerman,
Or a method enabling ladies to be impulsive and gratuitously self-indulgent in a socially acceptable manner or even an admirable one.

There are other possible definitions.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:36 am
@Diane,
Quote:
Izzie, your red pants suit sounds beautiful and very elegant...

I'm not izzie, I'm firefly, Diane, but, given the dim lighting, and the fact you couldn't see me on the other side of the couch, the mix-up is very understandable.
Quote:
You are very smart to wear more comfortable shoes.

Sometimes vanity has to yield to a bad back. I love the way high heels look, but I don't love being in pain. My compromise is to wear pants, so I can get away with wearing lower heels without feeling I look too dowdy.

I must say, you, and ehBeth, and osso, and Eva, and vonny, all look sensational. And the Ramos Gin Fizz is delicious! I'm so glad you remembered it. But, phew, is it potent. I better drink mine very slowly.

Where's Lola? Will she be joining us?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:02 am
No gin for breakfast, thank you Wassau.

I'll stick with the tea for now. It's perfect. Straight up in a big cup with a carafe for another cup on the side.
firefly

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:06 am
Last night at the press corps dinner, President Obama said he is thinking of changing his image, perhaps by following his wife's lead and getting bangs. Smile
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1108969/original.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1329387.1367119955!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/white28n-8-web.jpg

Definitely not a good look for him. Laughing But he's got a sense of humor.

Michelle Obama looked great last night--very glam--loved her dress and the heavy smokey eye make-up.
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013327/rs_300x300-130427182009-300.michelleobama.conan.wh.jpg

I think we should invite the First Lady to drop in here one day for a Ladies Lunch. I think she'd be a lively and fun guest, and delighted to meet all of us, but we'd have to figure out how she could drop in here incognito, otherwise this place would be mobbed.
firefly

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:21 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
No gin for breakfast, thank you Wassau.

Definitely no more gin this morning. Laughing

I'd like a large coffee, Wassau, please, and one of your yummy warm cinnamon pecan buns.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:29 am
ahhhhhh

http://images.replacements.com/images/images5/china/P/portmeirion_birds_of_britain_acorn_leaf_rim_drum_breakfast_cup_mug_P0000133582S0220T2.jpg

my favourite cup - I'm so glad we can keep them on a shelf here

http://cafecrem.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/our-mugs-unit1.jpg
Diane

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:54 am
@Eva,
Eva, we'd love for you to join us!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:56 am
@vonny,
Vonny, order anything you like This isn't an exclusive club.
Diane

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:59 am
@firefly,
Oh no, Firefly--so sorry for getting your name wrong. One too many fizzes.
Diane

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:00 am
@firefly,
Wow! Michelle Obama-in our dreams.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:08 am
@firefly,
He looks a lot like Alfred E Neumann [sp??]
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 02:31 pm
@Diane,
Quote:
Vonny, order anything you like

Thank you, Diane, getting late here, think I'll settle for a nice cup of hot chocolate. With cinammon please Wassau.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 03:52 pm
@Diane,
Quote:
Oh no, Firefly--so sorry for getting your name wrong. One too many fizzes.

Don't worry about it Diane, she had more than you, she completely forgot I was sitting right next to her, in the white dress......

Mumbles grrrrr, I was talking to myself all night after all go figure Wink

Tea... with lemon... That's what I feel like. Or a lemon? Wink
ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 03:58 pm
Well, the muted mustard colored well trimmed dress is a mess now, since I threw that fizz drink at Spendius in a fit of irritation and the wind gusted..

But as luck would have it the drink also hit both of his well clothed kneecaps, so he'll look funny until that all dries.

Egg white can be problematic.
I once took my car to the car wash after it was egged on halloween, and it ruined the paint job.. not the eggs but the hot car wash.
spendius

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 05:15 pm
@ossobuco,
What did I do to deserve such attention?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 05:32 pm
@spendius,
Many things, honey.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 05:34 pm
@ossobuco,
I am SO glad to see Diane here.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 07:00 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Found Soul, I'm so glad you could come. I'm pleased that there are so many interesting people at Lola's Coffee House and that we make for a delightful group. Let's do this again soon.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 12:56 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
But as luck would have it the drink also hit both of his well clothed kneecaps, so he'll look funny until that all dries.

I didn't know he'd brought his skateboard.
0 Replies