Lola at the Coffee House

vonny

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:05 pm
@spendius,
Or should I say,

Quote:
"There's only so much you can do with an acoustic guitar"--Bob Dylan.

Don't tempt me, Spendius!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:06 pm
>>bump<<<
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:07 pm
>>>drat bump<<<
0 Replies

vonny

................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........................
0 Replies

firefly

@spendius,
Quote:
Okay--it might be a myth...

Meaning you have no compunctions about playing fast and loose with the truth.

Quote:
I like myths when there's a buried truth in them

When something is untrue, the truth isn't buried, it's not there.

JTT

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:09 pm
@vonny,
Quote:
JTT - I shan't even bother to reply after this! Goodbye!

I guess that you didn't know of that terrorist action, that war crime that matched the Nazis perpetrated by the UK and US upon the poor people of Iran.

You'll fit in well with the crowd at Lola's, Vonny.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:11 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Dylan's singing voice is awful.

I don't like his singing voice, but I have enjoyed his radio programmes. His voice actually fits in pretty well with the type of music he presents.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:11 pm
Y'all have to remember that Dylan fanatics titter when somebody says somebody else is any good.
vonny

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:13 pm
@spendius,
Eh???
JTT

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:17 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Meaning you have no compunctions about playing fast and loose with the truth.

WTF is going on!? You guys just keep trying to outdo one another to see who can be the biggest hypocrite of all.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:20 pm
@vonny,
Quote:
JTT - I shan't even bother to reply after this

By all means, don't respond to that lunatic who is outside ranting on the sidewalk. They were being such a public nuisance, and creating such a disturbance, that Wassau called the NYPD.

The cops immediately realized they were dealing with a psycho, and they called for an ambulance to get the nut case carted off to Bellevue for psychiatric evaluation. As soon as the ambulance shows up, we should be able to enjoy conversing without having to hear all that awful background shrieking coming from the sidewalk.
JTT

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:27 pm
@firefly,
What are you trying to tell me, FF; that you are a liar or a coward?

Neither speaks well about you.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:31 pm
@firefly,
Don't know what y'all are talking about. I don't hear a thing. After years of resisting the temptation, I have finally put the lunatic on 'ignore.' It hurt me to do it, but a person can only stand so much. In the chamber of the ignored and the ignorant JTT joins a very select group -- H2Oman, gungasnake and hawkeye.
Oh, and farmerman, Setanta and Spendius, of course, goes without saying.
firefly

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:34 pm
I've already decided what I'm having for dinner--coconut crusted tilapia.
http://www.redlobster.com/images/kitchen_recipes/Parmesan_Crusted_Tilapia.jpg

And Wassau is going to make a sesame dressing, with ginger and soy, to put on my side salad. Those flavors go so well with the coating on the fish.
JTT

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:36 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I always knew you were a liar, Lustig, but I'm shocked, floored, blown away that you now admit to being a coward.

What I'll never understand is how you managed to come out and illustrate that you're also a misogynist and then dodge that bullet?

I guess FF has varying standards.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:47 pm
@firefly,
I've already decided what I'm having for dinner--coconut crusted tilapia. I wonder what those Iraqis and Afghans are going to have.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:04 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Don't know what y'all are talking about. I don't hear a thing.

We're sitting closer to the sidewalk than you are, Lustig--that lunatic is creating quite a racket outside that can be heard where we are. It will be a relief when the ambulance shows up.

The poor thing appears to be a homeless vagrant, who seems to have nowhere to go, and nothing to do, so they just stand out there ranting at strangers for hours on end. At least at Bellevue, they'll get fed and have a bed, and maybe some meds will help facilitate more socially appropriate behavior in the future. If not, their next stop will likely be Rikers Island, where the other inmates will put a fast stop to that noisy ranting .

The fish is delicious, I recommend it highly.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:14 pm
@firefly,
The sirens haven't gone, sheez we are all still in the Coffee Shop Smile

Hey, I had a blast the other night dancing on the roof top, thanks for the carafe note I left over half... Actually I am a white wine drinker, maybe that's why? I think it was Spendi that called you a siren FF Wink

Wondering what we can muster up for next month, thoughts?

Wild rice, love it... that's what us Aussies call black rice.. Saw a neat trick the other day, maybe I can find it later and post it here... Slab of cheese covered in tiny eatable flowers, in pink, purple, yellow, green .....

Would make anyone green....with envy if served I reckon... maybe bring in more clientele Lola.... shall hunt for it...

JTT

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:18 pm
@firefly,
The fish is delicious, I recommend it highly. By the by, Merry, what do you think they feed those little kids in Iraq that were born with two heads from our depleted uranium or those deformed kids in Vietnam. That Agent Orange sure made me a pile of money in the stock market. Oh, don't you just love oh well our governments take care of us!

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I think it was Spendi that called you a siren FF

Yes, but you know spendi. He wasn't referring to my seductive charms, that was his way of saying I make a lot of noise. Laughing

I'll split a bottle of white wine with you. That would be perfect with my fish.