Do Opiates (such as codeine) depress the appetite?

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 01:19 pm
I was a great fan of the early Robert Parker, but after 14-15 books his style and his heroes seemed to peter out.

Do you know the site:

www.stopyourekillingme.com ?

Marvelous for mysteries.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:58 pm
I never could take codeine, Noddy. Put me in LaLaLand..I'm very susceptible to sedation, so I only take aspirin. I guess the worse pain that I ever had was gall bladder. Hey, don't forgo taking something if the pain gets too severe. Hope you feel better, my friend.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:02 pm
I'm breaking the 4's in half right now so I can keep working - gotta mask the ear infection pain.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:04 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Tylenol 4 is twice as strong as Tylenol 3. I used one pill for a hectic morning and still have 59 left from a two week old prescription.

I'm leery of opiates--but pain makes me very short tempered and tearful and my present job description requires endless patience and a perpetual kindly spirit.

I've taken as many as 20 in a 24hr period when I had a migraine - was my last resort. I think you'll be ok if you get off them in a few days.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:05 pm
I'm no doctor Husker - but I do find in cases where swelling is causing the pain - ie. ear infection - that ibuprofen works better for me than acetominaphen + codeine. Particularly the case with tooth pain.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 07:43 pm
Codeine is a downer. I've been remembering and rehashing ever single outrage and insult that came my way going back to a cousin who used to snap the elastic band under the chin of my Sunday School hat when I was eight years old.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 08:26 pm
LOL, Noddy. I hope your pain gets much better without too many pills. Do remember that the directions say that it is better to take them before the pain gets bad.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 08:30 pm
i went to the doc and got new meds coming
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 08:31 pm
very soon I hope - about to take more little white tablets
ay my threshhold right now for pain
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 09:27 pm
Daine--

Thanks. I'd much rather deal with pain than pain compounded. Some pills last four hours--others (identical) last for nearly seven. Since I dose myself, I can play the vagaries of the variables.
0 Replies