I hope John Boehner is right

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 05:37 pm
John Boehner wrote:

So we’re expecting over the next 22 months to be the focus of this Administration as they attempt to annihilate the Republican Party. And let me just tell you, I do believe that is their goal — to just shove us into the dustbin of history.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/boehner-obama-to-annihilate-gop-86654.html#ixzz2IwHEWm4p

Don't angry tricorne hat wearing mobs belong in the dustbin of history?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,968 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 06:01 pm
@maxdancona,
They don't need help from the Democrats to become intimate with the dust bin. They are doing just fine on their own in that regard and it is a real shame.

We need perspectives from viable opponents at both ends of the spectrum to keep the government in check.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 06:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
The ends of the spectrum change. It used to be that letting women vote was an extreme position, now we (in the US) may very well elect a female president in four years. It used to be that homosexuality was a crime, now not only is homosexuality in the open, we are getting used to same sex marriages.

I don't know what kind of viable opponents you would like... but I assume you agree that we should reach a point where we consider such issues as settled and move on. The process of moving on means we leave the few stragglers who stubbornly hold on to old ideas behind.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 11:14 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

John Boehner wrote:

So we’re expecting over the next 22 months to be the focus of this Administration as they attempt to annihilate the Republican Party. And let me just tell you, I do believe that is their goal — to just shove us into the dustbin of history.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/boehner-obama-to-annihilate-gop-86654.html#ixzz2IwHEWm4p

Don't angry tricorne hat wearing mobs belong in the dustbin of history?

I assume you are referring to the Tea Party here.

Irrespective of this ridiculously erroneous characterization of the movement, it is (despite what liberals want to and actually do believe) separate from the GOP.

But hey, throwing red meat to your crowd is a well tested A2K behavior.

maxdancona

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 09:26 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
If you don't think the Tea Party crazies are driving the Republican party, you haven't been paying attention. When your party is defined by terms like "intentional rape" and "self-deportation" you have a problem.

Of course it isn't Obama's problem. Which is why Boehners whining about it is so amusing.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1r7o1e.jpg
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 10:49 am
Ronald Regan brought together the social conservatives and the libertarians that make up what is today the Republican Party. The schizoid nature of the party and its untenability became apparent during the Clinton administration. The present Democratic administration has served to further expose the other party's extremists and their largely diametrically opposed ideologies within the party.
0 Replies