Married but in love with my ex

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 01:08 pm
Married for two years, no kids but for the last year I found out that my wife is just mad all the time and angry. My ex girlfreind of 4 years dropped me due to me not paying enough attention and found out that my mother is not fond of her. She was my first real love did everything in my power to make her happy didn't do my college homework at times cause I was madly in love. Got married to my wife just after a year of dating. The past 7 months I haven't slept every night I dream about her and feel so guilty so sometimes just sleep on the couch. So a month ago I went on Facebook and emailed her telling wanting to talk to her and lied about my marriage told her it didn't workout but was heartless and just shroved me off like if she hated me, so I just went on with my life, me and wife's relationship went downhill we don't even sleep together anymore just can't do it.

Pls help don't know what to do my father-in law is a good man and my wife is such a good helper to my mom and family basically like one of my moms kids. I don't want to hurt some ones feelings but I can't live like this all I do is think about and I also don't want to waste my wife's time so she can find someone worthy of her love. Some one help lost a lot of weight and its driving me crazy.

jespah

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 01:14 pm
@Lovelost21,
Well, your ex has made it clear that that's a dead end.

The way I see it, you have the following options.
  1. Don't change anything. I think you'll agree this one stinks.
  2. Try again with your ex. I'm highly doubtful that this will do anything, although it might be the kick in the pants you need to really start getting over her.
  3. Separate from your wife. Your head isn't there and, you're right, it's not fair to her and you are likely wasting her time. Or -
  4. Get counseling. Ask your wife to go along but, if she doesn't go, go without her.

I think you'll agree that the last option is the best one, yes? Find out why you're fixated on something that's hopeless. Find out why you seem to be obsessed with being treated poorly, and why you're having trouble being with someone who is, overall, treating you pretty damned well. And while you're at it, learn how to rekindle things with your wife. And maybe you'll be able to salvage your marriage or at least you can say, if it does end, that you both did all you could.
carlycrazee

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 02:38 pm
@jespah,
If you're to tell the truth, you're giving your love ones the best respect they deserve and that includes your wife.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 03:21 pm
You are lovesick for a fantasy.

If that girl wanted to be with you, she would have moved mountains to be with you. She hasn't.

Find out what's going on with YOU. You sound depressed. (anxious, not eating, not sleeping)

Get to counseling ASAP.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 05:59 pm
@Lovelost21,
Like the song says "the grass isn't always greener on the other side,it's greener where you water it".

Relationships take work. How can you wife address your needs if she doesn't know there is a need or issue to begin with. I'd suggest making an attempt at counseling and then if that doesn't work move to separation.

It terms of your ex, an ex is an ex for a reason...
0 Replies

carlycrazee

Sat 26 Jan, 2013 01:33 pm
@Lovelost21,
If you are scared to be alone, then why risk losing both of them? Choose!
PUNKEY

Sat 26 Jan, 2013 01:58 pm
@carlycrazee,
There's NO choice to be made!!! This fantasy girl won't have anything to do with him. He is love sick about the past, what USED to be.

He is losing his wife because he is stuck in the fantasy-past. He also seems depressed.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 26 Jan, 2013 03:49 pm
@Lovelost21,
The Ex.

Quote:
She was my first real love

Quote:
did everything in my power to make her happy

Quote:
dropped me due to me not paying enough attention

Quote:
Got married to my wife just after a year of dating.

Quote:
me and wife's relationship went downhill we don't even sleep together anymore just can't do it.

Quote:
was heartless and just shroved me off like if she hated me,

So, do I gather that your current wife, given she helps your Mother and Family, is just a kind person, wouldn't hurt a fly... Nice.

Read what you wrote about your ex.. Dropped you. Accused you of not paying enough attention. You stopped doing some college work for her "neediness", you were breaking your back to try to accomodate her "neediness". She was heartless. Ignored you, acted as if she hated you. .....

In-securities in people make them love those that treat them like shite. They loved to be somewhat bullied, pushed around.

Then there is first love. The only thing you knew.

Do you really think that is how relationships are? Why on earth would you want to go back to that?

Your wife, from the sounds of it, as I said is "nice".. So this is the complete oposite to what you are used to. Your Mother loves her, hated your ex. Why? Mother's know best, because she treated you like crap.

You now have the chance to pull yourself together and live for you, with a wife, instead of living for someone else, yet you want to go back to being bullied, put down and treated like shite.

You are being the mirror image of her now. Doing it to your wife.

Is your wife that bad ? No. Wake up. You don't deserve the way you were treated over those 4 years. It is her loss. Not your loss. Realise your worth and work it out with your wife.
0 Replies