What is the difference between the MIND and the brain?

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 01:26 pm
I ask this because modern mental health [which I refer to as BS&bp (Behavioral Science and the oxymoron "behavioral psychology") often write as though these two are the same. Brain is physical, MIND is not. But aside from this, what's the difference?

farmerman

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:33 pm
@Brother James,
your MIND is the response product of the brain and the sensory system
Thomas

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 04:09 pm
@Brother James,
Brother James wrote:
What is the difference between the MIND and the brain?

It's the same difference as the one between propulsion and the jet engine. Propulsion emerges from jet engines; minds emerge from brains.
Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 04:51 pm
Don't waste your time, boys, this guy is a bullshit artist.
Brother James

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 10:41 am
@farmerman,
This is what you "think". I was rather inquiring as to the actual difference between the physical brain and the non-physical MIND.
Peace
Brother James

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 10:44 am
@Thomas,
If one is enamored with the brain, and in denial of phenomena beyond the physical dimension, your answer is no doubt adequate for you. The brain is new with each birth, the MIND however, travels with the Soul from birth to birth.
Peace
Brother James

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 10:45 am
@Setanta,
With such a foul mouth, how is it you remain on this forum?
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:05 am
@Brother James,
Because he's intelligent, not goofily insane, and ACTUALLY welcomed here unlike some nonsense spouting conartists/witch doctors.
Thomas

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:26 am
@Brother James,
Brother James wrote:
The brain is new with each birth, the MIND however, travels with the Soul from birth to birth.

Says who? Based on what evidence?
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 11:28 am
@Brother James,
Quote:
I was rather inquiring as to the actual difference between the physical brain and the non-physical MIND
You were eh? Well the word "mind" is an english construct, from an early german "gemund" which translates to "FEELINGS"

What you wish is what I implied, its apples and cumquats
Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 04:59 am
Apparently, Bubba here is grossly offended by the word bullshit. I wonder what he has against bulls . . . or ****, for that matter.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 05:42 am
@Brother James,
The brain is the hardware/bios and the mind is the OS and other software.
Brother James

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
I suspect it is of some pleasure for one to think of himself, or herself as intelligent. And I do appreciate this level of achievement of the brain and thinking. One can spend lifetimes engaged in thinking about life. My desire is different, that's all.
Peace
0 Replies

Brother James

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:12 pm
@Thomas,
I invite you to read: The Path of the Masters, by Julian Johnson. But then, if you actually demand physical "evidence", there is none to be had. Imagine how confident a person might be to demand in the 1600's that anyone who suggests that someday a large metal object will fly is insane and should be locked up.
Peace
Brother James

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:15 pm
@farmerman,
I understand you can read a dictionary, that was not my point. My point was what is the MIND, and how does it operate within Man, and for what purpose?
Peace
0 Replies

Brother James

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:18 pm
@BillRM,
Other software? And that to you is an explanation of the operation and existence of the MIND? I would have thought that the fact the brain and MIND are differentiated was inherent in the question.
Peace
BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 04:17 pm
@Brother James,
Brain hardware and mind the result of the software...........
Thomas

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 09:54 am
@Brother James,
Brother James wrote:
But then, if you actually demand physical "evidence", there is none to be had.

Thanks --- I suspected as much.

Brother James wrote:
Imagine how confident a person might be to demand in the 1600's that anyone who suggests that someday a large metal object will fly is insane and should be locked up.

Never mind the 1600s. Leonardo da Vinci's flying machine, sketched in the 1400s, comes close enough as a proof of concept.

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/14/1459/T5DQ000Z/posters/leonardo-da-vinci-flying-machine.jpg

Nobody locked up da Vinci for proposing it. You see, Renaissance people weren't as dense as you want us to think --- and neither are the 21st-century people who are probing for substance behind your confident new-agey proclamations.
Brother James

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:15 am
@BillRM,
No that is putting the cart before the horse. The brain is a muscle in the head the MIND uses to insure a person does the Karma he or she is obligated to do.
0 Replies

Brother James

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:23 am
@Thomas,
On second thought... there is "evidence" but one must shift one's Attention from the brain into one's faculty of Intuition, and from that perspective one begins to "ExperTuit" the difference between the brain [which is physical] and the MIND [which is composed of the energy of the Astral region [Lower MIND] and the Causal region [Higher MIND].