USA not a democracy

JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 04:36 pm
It’s Official: Scientific Study Shows that the U.S. Is an Oligarchy NOT a Democracy

By Washington's Blog
Global Research, April 16, 2014
Washington's Blog
Region: USA
Theme: Culture, Society & History

We noted last year:

American democracy – once a glorious thing – has devolved into an oligarchy, according to two leading IMF officials, the former Vice President of the Dallas Federal Reserve, thehead of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Moody’s chief economist and many others.

But don’t take their word for it …

A new quantitative study by Princeton’s Martin Gilens and Northwestern’s Benjamin Page finds that America is not a democracy … but is an oligarchy.

Here’s a quick visual overview from the study:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/its-official-scientific-study-shows-that-the-u-s-is-an-oligarchy-not-a-democracy/5377987
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,311 • Replies: 8
No top replies

fresco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:09 am
@JTT,
Laughing
You presumably want to claim that such an "oligarchy" operates as a consistent agent.
Observe your "self". Even you don't operate as a consistent agent !
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:36 am
@fresco,
As a purported academic, you might want to focus on the fact that I quoted someone else's study.

fresco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:40 am
@JTT,
Smile
So why quote it at all ? Surely it follows your general anti-establishment thesis.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:51 am
@fresco,
So why so many diversions from an "academic". Focus, Fresco.

Quote:
Surely it follows your general anti-establishment thesis.

You mean the unrelenting war crimes and terrorism of the establishment USA and UK?

You're so all over the map. Focus, Fresco.
fresco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 10:07 am
@JTT,
If you can't see that it is you that is doing the diversions you have a real problem.
I would remark (academically) that the words "scientific" and "oligarchy" both carry semantic connotations indicative of your communicative intent. "Scientific" implies objectivity and respectability. "Oligarchy" potentially alludes to strong-arm Russian mafia operations. Both connotations are suspect.
The "revelation" that democracy is far from perfect is hardly newsworthy. As Churchill put it in 1947.
Quote:
"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 10:13 am
@fresco,
You're a joke, academically. You've not addressed the study referenced. A quote from Churchill is your academic offering.
fresco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 10:29 am
@JTT,
What do you need "an academic" for to deal with your simplistic selective interest in obscure anti-establishment references ? I could not care less what label you want to put on me, the USA or the UK. The only marginal area of academic interest to me is the labeling syndrome itself and what part it plays in your concept of your self integrity.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 10:33 am
@fresco,
What you really mean is,

The only area of marginal academic interest to me ...
0 Replies