I Am Ever So Tired Of This Logical Fallacy - It Needs To Die

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 04:45 pm
It really upsets me that the wise let the stupid live as they do, but the stupid won't let the wise live as they do, because being wise makes the stupid "feel bad".

I'm tired of this logical fallacy.

The wise should not be in pain! They should be in paradise; The unwise should not be in paradise! They should be in pain.

This society is ever so backwards, it makes my entire will want to turn inside-out from having to deal with it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,814 • Replies: 8
Topic Closed
No top replies

One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 04:50 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
And then you have the internet, a place with much potential; all it contains is biased sources, internet language built on childish behavior and bipartisan systems like "yes/no", "agree/disagree", which is just used and abused - distracting us from the sole foundation of learning and expanding!
luismtzzz

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 02:34 am
@One Eyed Mind,
You must be young, i made myself this kinds of questions long time ago. Now it feels like ages.

The point is that everyone should live on their personal paradise. The unwise hacve their right to live on their fundamental concepts and enjoy it. Two things are required, an open door so anyone who wants to be educated can afford it, and absolute tolerance.

At the end you will learn that the second is the most importance.

In my country there is a saying. "Peace comes from the respect to the rights of your neighbors".

(Is the best i can do, i suck translating from spanish to english as literal as posible)
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 02:41 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Now the internet is the window to find almost the whole colection of knowledge the human race had harvested since tousands fo years ago. But it is also a huge playground a sandbox. Yes there are distracting things, but the real life is not always about being serious. The point is to lean where to find what you need and avoid hoaxes. And when you need fun there is fun.

I think Dr Seuss said... Nothing stimulates brain cells more than nonsense.. or something like that. Is late and i am tired. I am not completely sure.
luismtzzz

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 02:41 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Now the internet is the window to find almost the whole colection of knowledge the human race had harvested since tousands fo years ago. But it is also a huge playground a sandbox. Yes there are distracting things, but the real life is not always about being serious. The point is to lean where to find what you need and avoid hoaxes. And when you need fun there is fun.

I think Dr Seuss said... Nothing stimulates brain cells more than nonsense.. or something like that. Is late and i am tired. I am not completely sure.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 02:54 am
@luismtzzz,
I do enjoy Dr. Seuss' quotes. Especially "Those who mind don't matter; and those who don't mind, matter".

I'm not sure really what you're agreeing/disagreeing with, so could you expound? I'm curious.
luismtzzz

Mon 8 Sep, 2014 06:55 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Ummm... which post? The one about the logical fallacy or about the internet?

About the internet, well i think it the perfect mix of a playground and a library. The best library that had ever existed because is completely all inclusive. Every type of thinking and ideas are collected, even bad ones, even hoaxes, even fantesies. It is important use it in both ways as a sandbox playground to help yourslf may the days more bearable with those foolish morons that post funny junk or those funny trolls that live across the world. But also to learn and grow, there should be posts or instructons or a guide to tell people where to look when they seek real knowledge on the net.

I use it a lot for both objectives since i am a doctor i need constant updates on medical information. But when my head hurts or i am stressed there is always a dumb norwegian or korean or american boy posting a photo of his dog on a silly ewok costume that draws a smile on my face when life seems heavy.

As i said noncense stimulates the neurons, and induces smiles. Still haven´t found the exact source of the quote.

tl;dr i think internet is fine with troll jokes and erudite knowledge. It is pefect the way it is, i would realy appreciate a guide to find crucial information easier tough.
luismtzzz

Mon 8 Sep, 2014 07:01 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
It really upsets me that the wise let the stupid live as they do, but the stupid won't let the wise live as they do, because being wise makes the stupid "feel bad".

I'm tired of this logical fallacy.

The wise should not be in pain! They should be in paradise; The unwise should not be in paradise! They should be in pain.

This society is ever so backwards, it makes my entire will want to turn inside-out from having to deal with it!

Now about the wise people... dumb people paradox. I agee that wise peóple should not be in pain, but i think that the unwise shouldn´t also.

Paradise is something completely personal that resides on ourselves. The solution to this is tolerance.

"I tolerate your intolerance to my knowledge seeking crusade, because i really do not give a f*ck if you feel bad for being stupid. I tolerate your stupidity even if you can´t deal with me"
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Mon 8 Sep, 2014 07:09 pm
@luismtzzz,
Your response is inarguable. I like the sense you make between the juxtapositions and interplays of the internet.

Now the part about the wise and the unwise. The reason I said the wise should not be in pain, I mean the pain their own people inflict on them out of envy and fear of seeking something higher than themselves. While the unwise should be in pain, because pain stimulates life in us and causes us to reevaluate ourselves thoroughly. It's a cleaning mechanism that too many people avoid and pretend doesn't exist for my taste.

So when I say pain, I am not being a masochist - I am referring to the pain of learning; fighting; becoming more than what you were before. The pain of letting go and killing your old self.
0 Replies