Highway Robbery

jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 01:00 pm
There is one toll road we drive on about twice a year. I never bothered to get a pass since we would only be using it every six months so I just use online bill pay when they send me the bill along with the photo of the vehicle and license plate.

We drove on the toll road in November and about a week later they sent me a bill for $7.50 so I paid it through online bill pay as usual. Two weeks after that they sent me another bill for $15.50 with a previous balance of $7.50, so I assumed something happened to the first check in the mail and they never received it. So I paid the $15.50.

Two weeks later they sent the check for $15.50 back to me with a letter stating I had a zero balance, I guess they actually did receive the first check. Today I received another bill, this one says I have a previous balance of $15.50 and now I owe $30.50. I tried calling them to give them hell but the lines been busy. Welcome to Florida, Rant over.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 1,503 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 01:07 pm
@jcboy,
I always just throw my change in the box a rock on.

life's to short to have to communicate with those idiots...
Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 01:10 pm
Daytona to Orlando ranks among the more hairy scary toll road ideas I've been across. you have my sympathies.

I try to drive the coastal highways, they are a lot more interesting...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 01:14 pm
@jcboy,
Yikes!

That's about as bad as the $40 parking ticket that I didn't get in New Orleans that became $80 and then $160 all while the people in the office (that I went to three times) kept telling me to ignore the bills while my appeal was pending. They finally threatened to turn it over to a collection agency. I got out my poison pen and sent the billing dept a scathing letter. Haven't heard a word since.
jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 01:15 pm
@Rockhead,
I do that with this one in south St. Pete, it’s only 75 cents each way so I toss the quarters. This toll road is a few bucks every five miles or so, I just keep driving and wait for them to send me the bill. I guess I won’t be doing that anymore.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 01:15 pm
@jcboy,
If you want to feel better about yours, you should go to Tulsa. (my apologies to Eva)
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 01:16 pm
@JPB,
Yep and you have no choice but to pay it or it will keep going up each month!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 02:29 pm
@jcboy,
Thats funny.
See I would make up a long story line and run copies of each bill, the receipt, the new bills, and the receipts in an order. Make it very plain that you dont think that competence is high up on ther ladder of beurocratic performance.
SOOOO

at the end show that youve sent a copy to that weekend magazine that DAve BArry used to write for.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 03:10 pm
I first ran into those toll roads that make you stop and pay every few miles in the early '60s in Virginia. I still wonder what advantage is offered by a turnpike that requires continual stops.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 03:26 pm
Any new highway in Texas is a toll road, it seems. When they built the highway bypass through Tomball, it was a free passage, but in a year or so they will extend it a few miles and charge tolls.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 04:11 pm
I still can’t get a hold of anyone on the phone so I just went into my online bill pay and took care of it.

I figured out what they have done on my own, we have two separate accounts, one for my car and one for the Puerto Ricans, I bet they got those two accounts mixed up and one probably has a credit on it of $7.50 and when they figure out they screwed up maybe they'll send me a refund.

I’ll wait and see what they do with this payment I just sent!

roger

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 04:38 pm
@jcboy,
Yeah, they'll make a refund. Suuuure they will.
jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 04:40 pm
@roger,
Never know, sometimes I can be a real bitch Cool
Mame

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 05:42 pm
@jcboy,
I've never been on a toll road in Canada - don't think we have them. Or a bridge. We had to pay for the new Coquihalla Hwy in BC, but they promised when it was paid off the tolls would be removed and they were. It was $10. And it's a dangerous highway in spots - very steep and slippery in winter. They should have paid US to drive it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 05:42 pm
@jcboy,
Get out! lol
jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 05:46 pm
@Mame,
I don't think I could live in Canada, I can't stand being cold lol, plus I'm not sure they would allow Puerto Ricans. Cool
roger

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 05:59 pm
@jcboy,
Got to. One US citizen; all US citizens.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 06:09 pm
@jcboy,
We allow everybody and it's not cold everywhere - just think - NO TOLL ROADS!!
0 Replies