Here's What Happens When You Become A Red State

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 08:24 am
http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/01/10/2598132/gov-pat-mccrory-gives-his-cabinet.html

engineer

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 11:32 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
That's really sad, especially when state employees have been getting the short end with no pay raises for a while.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:45 pm
@engineer,
but no ******* surprise. If only there was a warm place to live by the ocean that wasn't full of inbred red state cunts.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 04:15 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Hawaii, California?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 06:38 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

but no ******* surprise. If only there was a warm place to live by the ocean that wasn't full of inbred red state cunts.

Florida went blue this year Razz

Some areas are not so bad but you drive outside of the city, redneck haven Cool
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 07:33 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
inbred blue state cunts are just that.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 07:41 am

Red Versus Blue

By Neal Boortz

There seems to be another growing divide in this country. Not necessarily between red states and blue states, but between Southern states and everyone else. Someone pointed out that in the recent vote on the fiscal cliff, the Republicans who broke to support the Democrats were mostly Republicans outside the South.
But here is what seems to be happening in Red states as a way to mitigate the growing intrusion from our federal government. For example ..
Louisiana Republican Governor Bobby Jindal, for instance, called on Thursday for ending the state's income tax and corporate taxes, with sales taxes compensating for lost revenue.
A similar plan is being pushed by Republicans in North Carolina. Kansas, which cut its income tax significantly last year, may trim further. Oklahoma, which tried to cut income taxes last year, is expected to try again.
Upon my retirement, many of you have asked me about escape plans. While leaving the country for more “economically free” countries like New Zealand or Chile, may not be an option for some of you, finding a relatively “hands off” state within the United States may be a start. Texas, Florida, Tennessee and others are some examples of states with no income tax. That’s a start. Texas couples a lack of income tax with a lack of stringent business regulations, which can put a damper on business growth. But as you can see, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Kansas (yes, not in the South) have realized the significance of attracting producers with business-encouraging tax structures.
Republican-run states also recognize the importance of keeping a balanced budget, which has proved crucial to attracting producers.
Thanks to a Republican governor committed to developing its natural resources, not punishing entrepreneurs who do, Texas legislators are facing an $8.8 billion surplus over the next two years. To the east, Republican governors Bill Haslam of Tennessee and Rick Scott of Florida have also turned recession deficits into budget surpluses. Moving north, Michigan’s Gov. Rick Snyder, Iowa’s Gov. Terry Brandstad, and Indiana’s out-going-Gov. Mitch Daniels, also can now all boast surpluses in the hundreds of millions of dollars. All of these governors managed to turn their state’s fiscal situation around through spending cuts, not tax hikes.
It’s no wonder that responsible Americans would want to flee to states which practice fiscal responsibility. Another attractive feature to Americans who celebrate freedom, liberty and fiscal restraint are states with right-to-work laws.
According to an annual study conducted by the moving company United Van Lines, the top ten states that Americans are fleeing from continue to be those states that do not have Right-to-Work laws.
You can click the link to find out which states people are leaving, but it makes absolute sense that people are fleeing states that do not have right-to-work laws.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 03:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hmmm.... Let me think about this a moment?

When I retire and my income is low enough that I will pay little in income taxes, should retire to a state with no income tax and a higher sales tax?

I guess if I was an idiot that couldn't do the math I might.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 03:55 pm
Can't you understand McCrory's logic?

Quote:
I’m trying to make it at least where they can afford to live while running multibillion-dollar departments,” McCrory said in an interview.

The cost of living goes up when you run a multibillion-dollar department.

Democrat whiners! Wink
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 05:05 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Can't you understand McCrory's logic?

Quote:
I’m trying to make it at least where they can afford to live while running multibillion-dollar departments,” McCrory said in an interview.

The cost of living goes up when you run a multibillion-dollar department.

Democrat whiners! Wink

I thought that cost of living increase was already offset by under the table deals, perks and junkets given by special interest scumbags. Silly me.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 05:25 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

You are speaking of the perks Obama's Czars receive
JTT

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 08:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
Where are you gonna retire, Cracker?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 08:43 pm
@JTT,
Confused You use the word often, is 'Cracker' supposed to mean something?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 08:49 pm
In my opinion, after we are all dead and buried for a hundred years or so, this country will look very different demographically than it does today. There will still be WASP families that own land, and other wealth, with young members of the family likely moving here and there to enhance their careers; however, I believe society will just be more patriarchal for the masses that are just concerned about their creature comforts. Bread and circuses, 22nd century style.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 09:36 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Bread and circuses...

Bread and Circuses is what we have right now and Obama's TV appearance
with the Obama Youth later today is an excellent example of the shell game.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 12:19 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Florida went blue this year Razz

Some areas are not so bad but you drive outside of the city, redneck haven Cool

Unfortunately I'm too old to uproot myself and start building a dj business elsewhere when I'm established here.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 02:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Bread and circuses...

Bread and Circuses is what we have right now and Obama's TV appearance
with the Obama Youth later today is an excellent example of the shell game.

In Catch-22 (if you've read the novel) an Italian family had a drawer with a whole bunch of different countries' flags. They had a flag for whichever army was marching below their window. It's called survival wisdom, in my opinion. Or, as the New Testament stated, the meek shall inherit the Earth.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 03:48 pm
@Foofie,
Do you have the wisdom to survive Obama?
Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 10:14 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Do you have the wisdom to survive Obama?

Like surviving the military, one just gets with the program. Can I assume you have never been in the military? I would guess so, since the distaste for regimentation is often eliminated from one's personality in the military, and you like to believe, in my opinion, that freedom equates to license for whatever.

In my opinion, the regimentation in the military teaches one to march correctly to cadence, do a "to the rear march," and other adorable maneuvers on the parade ground. Something civilians never learn to value, in my opinion.

I believe that on this forum, many of the veterans do not have an overarching love of guns. However, those, who I wonder if they were ever in the military, seem to exhibit a great love of guns? Could I have stumbled on some type of male overcompensation behavior???
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 10:18 am
@Foofie,

Basically you are saying that you can't survive Obama and that you will be found
dead in a ditch, possibly with a governmnet bullet in the back of your head