H2O MAN

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 09:53 am

Americans demand a plan from Obama and his administration to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

The Obama administration must come up with a plan to disarm criminals and they need to to it right away.

Think of the children.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,184 • Replies: 60
Topic Closed

farmerman

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 11:43 am
@H2O MAN,
SInce the NRA and all the toady Congressmen will probably not support it, Id go for a multigenerational attack t the 2nd Amndment itself
Frank Apisa

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 11:46 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
SInce the NRA and all the toady Congressmen will probably not support it, Id go for a multigenerational attack t the 2nd Amndment itself

Amen.

That seems to be the only avenue for control that the NRA is leaving open to the general population...so I guess it is the path that must be traveled.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 11:48 am

Why does Obama, Biden and Pelosi want to greatly restrict the civil liberties of law abiding citizens?

Why are they not interested in taking guns from criminals?
farmerman

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 12:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
relax spurt, leave the hard thinking to those of us capable
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 01:12 pm

Formerman hasn't been capable of hard thinking for decades
and there's no logical reason to believe he's suddenly capable now.

There's no doubt in my mind that Formerman is against demanding a plan
from Obama and his administration to get guns out of the hands of criminals.
farmerman

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 02:53 pm
@H2O MAN,
Ive stated my position several times and I am aware that you dont have the IQ of a clevis pin so Ill depart before you start up on your blather again.
H2O MAN

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 03:33 pm
@farmerman,
As you've proven several times, you're full of horse ****.
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 03:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
Thanks for starting a thread to inform everyone about Demand A Plan--a campaign of Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
Quote:
It’s time. Join more than 800 mayors and 900,000 grassroots supporters to demand that President Obama and Congress step forward with a plan to end gun violence.

Our efforts cannot bring back the 20 innocent children murdered in Newtown, CT -- or the 33 people murdered with guns every day in America. But we can prevent future tragedies by passing common sense legislation that will:
1.Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America
2.Ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines
3.Make gun trafficking a federal crime, with real penalties for “straw purchasers”

Demand that your members of Congress and the president support these legislative priorities

http://www.demandaplan.org/

H2O MAN

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 04:12 pm
@firefly,

This isn't about the hypocritical Hollywood libtards, this thread deals with reality.

You should demand a plan from Obama and his administration to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

The Obama administration must come up with a plan to disarm criminals and they need to to it right away.

Think of the children.
firefly

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 05:32 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

You should demand a plan from Obama and his administration to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

I never thought you, of all people, would support and demand a ban on all guns, but that's the only plan that would work to get guns out of the hands of all criminals, and those people who aren't criminals today, but who might use a gun in an illegal way in the future. You do want to get guns out of the hands of all present and potential criminals, don't you? We shouldn't risk half-way measures with this plan.

And then we should all get behind farmerman's idea of a multi-generational assault on the 2nd Amendment to make sure the guns don't come back.

And, without guns, the NRA would just shrivel up and die...and Wayne LaPierre would have to figure out how to earn an honest living.
H2O MAN

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 05:33 pm
@firefly,

All of us, the entire country should be focused on the US
economy, tax reform and shrinking the federal government.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 05:37 pm
@firefly,

Have you ever had an illuminated firefly hit your windshield while motoring along at night?

Also, are you saying black Americans are born to be criminals? They aren't criminals today, but they will be?

firefly

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 05:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Also, are you saying black Americans are born to be criminals? They aren't criminals today, but they will be?

Where did I mention black Americans at all? Most of our mass shooters are white folks.

I'm saying that people who have guns aren't criminals until they use the gun in a criminal way--and, since, we can't always predict that, or if it might happen, the only way to insure that the plan you want will work would be to ban all guns and keep everyone--both present and possible potential criminals--from getting or having one. That would mean no one would be allowed to have guns.

You're advocating a demand for a more radical plan than I would. Laughing

H2O MAN

Wed 9 Jan, 2013 09:50 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

I'm saying that people who have guns aren't criminals until they use the gun in a criminal way--and, since, we can't always predict that, or if it might happen, the only way to insure blah, blah, blah...

A prime example of Idiocracy

I guess you are all for banning all new children, they aren't criminals untilt they are but you can't predict when it will happen, the only way to ensure it doesn't is to ensure they are never born.

Like I get it Laughing

You're a feaking loon.
farmerman

Thu 10 Jan, 2013 06:24 am
@H2O MAN,
do you wish to actually discuss this stuff or are you just gonna try to bait people? When you opn a discussion you should pose a thesis and some reasoning and possibly some evidence.
Till now (and including this one), your attempts at debate kinda sound lik youre just some petulant 8 year old.
Not that I care because , sounding as you do, you dont pose any threat .
H2O MAN

Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:44 am
@farmerman,
Formerman, you have never been one to discuss a topic, why start now
farmerman

Thu 10 Jan, 2013 09:31 am
@H2O MAN,
I know that I have trouble stooping down to your IQ level, but I am still gonna make that interspecies breakthrough.
Im trying to stay with words of one syl-a-bull.

H2O MAN

Thu 10 Jan, 2013 09:36 am
@farmerman,

Do you agree that all Americans demand a plan from Obama and his administration to get guns out of the hands of criminals?

Do you agree that the Obama administration must come up with a plan to disarm criminals and they need to to it right away?
farmerman

Thu 10 Jan, 2013 11:32 am
@H2O MAN,
I actually agree but your point doesnt go far enough. I feel that several items of gun design need to be put to a Constitutional test.
Weve HAD full=auto weapons and sawed offs on the "dangerous weapon" category for many years. So additional design features of guns becoming a "military style" weapon should be pursued as part of a deeper parsing of the 2nd Amendment. Right now the 2nd amendment is full of vague "incluiveness" Thta guys like you seem to think was already on the framers minds.
I dont think Mdison thought that full autos were something that he could imagine. They had muskets and single shot pistols . So, it will be up to us to MAKE guns more safe while not fully disssembling the Constitution.

In the wake of the most recent mass gun murder of the 6 year old kids
I am quite in support of
1Defining nd controlling access to guns by individuals who cannot be trusted

2I am in favor of retrofit design and new design of schools nd public buildings to disallow easy entry with guns

3I am quite in favor of specific armed and individuals trained in ACTIVE INTERDICTION in schools, churches and other public fora like shopping malls and ball prks (they are already on duty in governmental buildings)

4.I am finally (And not lastly) in favor of the restructuring of the 2nd Amenment to diffuse the nutty access to all kinds of guns in all kinds of numbers. I am in favor of changing teh 2nd amendment (BY further amendment0 to change the "allowables and non allowables " in gun designs

Ive said this in the past that the exchange of the 2nd amendment for something more reasonable that guarantees our protection, will be multigenerational and will, sadly only happen after sebveral more of these sad vents.

The second amendment DOES NOT guarantee carte blanche access to components that can turn guns into rapid killing death dealing machines operable by idiots and nuts. The 2nd amendment has had an easy ride backed by vocal supporters, lobbies of the manufactureres and by money accepting gutless politicin whove turned our country into Bosnia.

The Connecticut event may be the one that "turns the tide" of support toward gun safety.Maybe not, it may take many more of these sad days, but sooner or later, our civilization will mature into one that recognizes that , while we can regulate the **** out of every piece of playground equipment to make em safer, we CANNOT touch the biggest source of death to little kids, the semi auto pistol and rifle.