Seduce my mechanic

Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 07:07 pm
@Secretnim,
You sure seem to be heading on a collision course! Is he a body man by any chance?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 10:06 pm
What bothers me is the blurring of boundaries. He is your mechanic, therefore you have a business relationship.You are attempting to make the relationship a sexual one, which he may or may not want.

IMO, he is being put in a very peculiar position. He wants to keep you as a customer, but he may or may not desire your advances.

Have you ever heard of the old expression, "You don't sh!t where you eat???
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 10:22 pm
You gave him a gift basket AND asked him to consider going out with you for a drink? And he still has made no move?

He's just not that in to you.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 06:32 am
hmmm..

while not saying she should go up and jump this guys bones, I'm rather surprised at all the negative feelings towards the OP both expressing, and pursuing interest.

Maybe she's going about it in a ham handed fashion, but I see nothing wrong with her asking him out.

Not everyone has this social network of friends and other outlets that expose them to the type of people they may want to date.

Looking back, I've gone on dates with men that worked at the bank I went to, a teacher from an adult education language class I took, 2, no make that 3 men that purchased products from me and I'm sure there would have been more if I haven't been married for 19 years to my husband, and 2 years to an ex.

With the exception of one man, who was just plain goofy, all of those dates went well, 1 ended up being someone I went out with (not exclusively) for half a year, another one on and off for even longer.

If it doesn't work out, or ends up being a big mistake, she can certainly go to another mechanic, and he's not going to go out of business over one customer not coming back anymore.

0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 09:28 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Secretnim wrote:

I think if he doesn't call in a week I'm gonna go for it.

if he doesn't call in a week it's a pretty good bet that he's not digging you

you might want to start looking for a new mechanic now

the whole random kissing a guy who hasn't expressed an interest - it's a bit Harlequin Romance to me (I like an occasional romance novel - just have to remember they're fiction)

Ditto.

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 09:41 am
@Mame,
Give it up Mame . . . how often have you seduced your mechanic?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 11:58 am
@Secretnim,
Let's flip this for a second. If a guy gave you a gift and a direct invite out and you ignored it, how would you respond if he just walked up and kissed you? If you want to invite him out (again) go for it but I don't recommend going the unwanted sexual advance route.
chai2

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 08:15 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Let's flip this for a second. If a guy gave you a gift and a direct invite out and you ignored it, how would you respond if he just walked up and kissed you? If you want to invite him out (again) go for it but I don't recommend going the unwanted sexual advance route.

How do you know the advances are unwanted?

Women are supposed to say "no" if they aren't interested, and that should be paid attention to. Same with men.

He hasn't said no to her, and if it were a man, he might be wondering if she's interested or not.

BTW, that's how 2 friends of mine, 2 ladies got together, and they've been a couple for years now.

Annie was tired of making passes at Barb, and finally one day showed up wearing a low cut sweater Barb had complimented her on, asked Barb to help her find something in the broom closet, and the rest was history.

I'm not saying this could, or even should lead to a relationship. I just don't think it's wrong for one person to jump in and grab a kiss, and see what the reaction is.

That's why carrying some condoms may be a good idea. Maybe won't be necessary, but better to be prepared.

That said, no means no, but I haven't heard any no's yet.
engineer

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 09:11 pm
@chai2,
I guy who decided to jump in and grab a kiss might find himself in jail.
0 Replies