I cant do any thing..

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 09:56 am
Sir my name is gaurav.. I always stay depressed in my life. Because i cant do anything in my life. Because of my silly behaviour and my stupid language.i cant achive whatever i want.. I dont have any friends in my life.. I dont have any girl in my life.. I dont have any way to earn money..because of my silly behaviour.. I have tried alot to change it. I have tried to make change in my self. Bt i dont knw why but it cant be happen.. Thats why i all time stay depressed... Plz plz plz help me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,217 • Replies: 13
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 10:00 am
@Phill007,
See a doctor for your depression. It is a serious illness and it requires treatment (which need not be chemical).
Phill007

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 10:05 am
@jespah,
Bt sir wht to do about my behaviour
Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 10:19 am
@Phill007,
Modify it by stopping being so self-critical and pledge yourself to some positive action.

Seelct one of the problems and start doing something positive towards achieving the completion of an attainable short term goal. If you engage in thinking with such negativity, it'll only breed more negativity.

Certainly, you might benefit from seeing and getting the help from a doctor and a determining if there's a diagnosis of depression. Self diagnosis won't get you too far...nor will asking online strangers get you too much further.
Phill007

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 10:33 am
@Ragman,
Thnx for your kind reply to my quetion sir..
Bt i want to say that i always tried to be positive.. Bt sir when i cant achive whatever i wanting.. I felt nurvos in my life.. And get back where i started
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 11:15 am
@Phill007,
Phill007 wrote:

Bt sir wht to do about my behaviour

Since we don't know anything about you or your habits or your behavior (actions in real life), no one can really offer you any advice other then you should definitely see a doctor or therapist to address your depression and maybe discuss cognitive therapy which is a type of therapy that delves into your thinking (realized or not) that helps compel you to do whatever bad behavioral things you think you need to change (whatever that is).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_therapy
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 11:30 am
@Phill007,
What kind of behavior makes you so nervous?
Phill007

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 11:47 am
@PUNKEY,
The behaviour which makes me silly infront of others.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 01:58 pm
@Phill007,
Quote:
The behaviour which makes me silly infront of others.

That's still pretty vague. Do you joke around? Do you act like a clown or worse a mime? Do you drink too much alcohol? Do you smoke too much pot? Drink too much coffee or soda (buzzed on caffeine and/or sugar)? Do your friends encourage this silliness? Do you feel compelled to entertain your friends by being goofy all of the time? Or are you just mimicking your friends' silliness?
Phill007

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 02:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
Overreacting and over speaking
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 02:33 pm
@Phill007,
Perhaps you need to remove yourself from these situations where I feel compelled to overreact (issue of temper?) and overspeak (not really sure what that is...) even for a minute or two and learn to force yourself to relax.

I'm not a master of meditation but you can probably best learn some breathing exercises. Go to the bathroom, find an empty bedroom, hide in a broom closet, etc... by yourself and follow this breathing technique if you feel compelled to act out.
Quote:
Belly breathing

Belly breathing is easy to do and very relaxing. Try this basic exercise anytime you need to relax or relieve stress.

Sit in a comfortable position.
Put one hand on your belly just below your ribs and the other hand on your chest.
Take a deep breath in through your nose, and let your belly push your hand out. Your chest should not move.
Breathe out through pursed lips as if you were whistling. Feel the hand on your belly go in, and use it to push all the air out.
Do this breathing 3 to 10 times. Take your time with each breath.

http://www.webmd.com/balance/stress-management/stress-management-breathing-exercises-for-relaxation
Maybe someone else can describe this breathing process (the hows, the whats, and the whys) better then I can.
Phill007

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 02:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks its nice suggestion... I will defantly try it.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 03:16 pm
@Phill007,
http://able2know.org/topic/205637-1
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 06:15 am
@Phill007,
Find someone to talk to, depression is hard especially if you do not have anyone to share it with.
0 Replies