Does "more" mean "more attacks" here?

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 07:59 am

Context:

Our Waning Confidence
Anne-Marie Slaughter
The paradox of 9/11 is that the United States was far more confident in
2002, just a year after the attacks and with the very real prospect of more to come, than it is today, after almost a decade of no further successful
attacks in America and growing evidence that Al Qaeda’s power is waning. The lasting wound to the American psyche is less the horror of 9/11 itself, searing

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
tsarstepan
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 08:00 am
@oristarA,
Yes.
0 Replies

DavJohanis

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 08:56 am
@oristarA,
The problem is not so much 'Al coochie eeda', the Islamic mafia force of infidel management, but who will be assigned that name to further causes persisting, due to ignorance of peaceful comprehension, that other forces and singulars have views which converge in line with collective betterment for tomorrow..

Also of note is how many feel, that anothers views are 'their' major concern.. Simply because they might be labelled the enemy easily in any given moment.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 11:12 am
DanJohanis, you sure are an idiot. Why do you keep making incoherent crazy off-topic posts?
DavJohanis

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 11:57 am
@contrex,
Why do you cling so firmly to words such as incoherent and idiot?.
Do you have no reason ability?

It is not off topic in the slightest, the reason I mentioned that is because you do not.. Is that coherent enough for you? and is that enough of a valid 'reason'? or is it still somehow 'idiotic' to you?.

I do not have to explain myself to you. I do so out of courtesy, which you lack.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 12:26 pm
@DavJohanis,
Because he's making a point. This is a grammar/ESL thread not an actual babbling/ranting about politics thread. Could Contrex been more tactful, perhaps but then you'd most likely ignore it and continue posting at a high rate with replies proving that you actually aren't reading or at best halfreading the topics or posts in which you are replying to.

If you're just going to rant about arbitrary things, it might be best if you just find a street corner, any street corner, stand on a literal soap box, and rant away. It just might do you well enough to get some fresh air considering you're blasting at about 25 posts per day or higher here at a2k. Most of what you write can only be deemed word salads.
DavJohanis

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 12:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
No actually I read them in entirety 99% of the time.. Excepting when answering points, you again presume like your pack mate there.

Maybe it would be best, but I am here, phone the police ...why don't you?

Because it is a free country, fella!
contrex

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 02:02 pm
@DavJohanis,
DavJohanis wrote:
bla bla bla

... thus writes a wanker.
DavJohanis

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 02:58 pm
@contrex,
Where did you get that from, if you do not mind telling me please?.

Do say.. I do not care about it.
0 Replies