Draining the life out of me

DerekX9

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 04:08 am
Hello, my name is Derek. I am 18 and have been suffering from Anxiety disorders for 2 years and several other things. But recently I have started to get really dizzy and feel like the room is spinning, I get horrible sharp pains in my head & neck and sometimes my sides directly below my ribs. I also get a lot of headaches. I have been dropping weight. Also, I have palpitations and muscle spasms all the time. I'm not sure if all this is connected or not but I would just love some advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,333 • Replies: 7
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by DerekX9
DavJohanis

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:05 am
@DerekX9,
Palpitations are directly related only to your anxiety in electro-nervous system sense.

The spinning and assorted disorders, are linked to three things,

1. Inactivity - leading to two.

2. Circulatory issues, brought about by slowed heart rate through immunity building in terms of electrical path finding normal routine, which anxiety causes to certain extents if it is happening in small or large part a lot. (you may find you get cold on occasion when everyone else is warm).

3. Mental perception of disturbing situations.. It may not be as disorientating as you think, stand up and walk through it, develop self assertion and things get better.. Doctors will advise you different, due to safety concerns, but mine went away with this stratagem as deduced by myself.

In short, eat well, have a certain increasing regime of exercise to the point that you feel stronger then back off a notch and do not overdo it.

Take some lucozade to start you off. Coupled with a few very healthy meals, high in protein gradually fading to high in vegetable matter for optimum effect. Oranges and apples are a good stockpile. Vitamin C and multivitamins are a daily bonus. Cabbage is very good to eat raw whilst you build resistance.
Tescos and Morrisons do a very nice selection of raw bagged veg, which you can eat like crisps and smoothies are expensive but effective, make sure pure, with bits is best.

Regards.
D.
0 Replies

DavJohanis

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:22 am
@DerekX9,
If the above is not suited, because of high activity already, diet is the problem or you abuse some substance, causing issues.

If none fits, get to a doctor ASAP!
Some chemical imbalance requires deducing, or you are being slowly poisoned by a person or the environment... Heavy smoking can cause this issue, but it is improbable at your age.

The only thing I omit is spiritual causes, this time, get back in touch if nothing works.

Get well soon.
D.
DerekX9

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:25 am
@DavJohanis,
Well I am quite active, and I am on a very healthy diet. I most definitely do not abuse substances, I smoked weed a few times when I was younger but as of right now the only guilty habit I have is cigarettes.
DavJohanis
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:27 am
@DerekX9,
See your doctor, stay away from the weed, you will whitey and that may have imbalanced your psychological reasoning.

Cut down the cigarettes and activity will benefit more.. Vitamin C helps.

Lucozade for emergencies is good, or high sugar content drinks (tea with more sugar even). Unless you are diagnosed with a form of diabetes, then the Doc must know and advise.

Regards.
D.
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 05:31 am
@DerekX9,
The dizziness could be vertigo or lack of food. Have you ever consulted a doctor about it?
DerekX9

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 07:18 pm
@amygarside,
Thank you Dav, I will keep all those suggestions in mind.

Amy, I have not yet. I will be setting up an appointment in a week or so hopefully.
DavJohanis

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 08:10 am
@DerekX9,
Best of luck, apologies I did not get it concisely in the one post for you.
0 Replies