1929 vs Now (situations)

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 10:20 am
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/23/why-are-on-brink-greatest-depression-all-time/

The dim view.....

Quote:
.....The solution is actually simple: dramatically cut the size, scope and power of government; cut spending; cut entitlements; cut taxes; cut government rules and regulations that smother, damage and destroy businesses, prevent startups, and kill jobs; reform Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid; reform public employee pensions; stop the wars (we can no longer afford to police the world); end or reform the Fed; end bailouts and stimulus (ask Japan about the failures of repeated stimulus); end the Democratic obsession with green energy and high speed rail (ask Spain about the waste in those two programs); encourage oil and energy exploration; encourage job creation by small business and the private sector; term limit politicians; institute school choice; and back the dollar with a gold standard.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/23/why-are-on-brink-greatest-depression-all-time/#ixzz2GvjIVxXN

The thing about the gold standard doesn't make sense, the rest of it does.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,608 • Replies: 8

gungasnake

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 10:26 am
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/31/Obama-s-New-Economic-Normal-Seven-Devastating-Facts
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 10:26 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
The dim view.....

That about sums it up.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 11:32 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
end the Democratic obsession with green energy and high speed rail …. encourage oil and energy exploration;
Only however Gung if you simultaneously institute means to cut pop

Quote:
The thing about the gold standard doesn't make sense
Why not
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 11:41 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: gungasnake (Post 5216563)
gungasnake wrote:
The dim view.....

That about sums it up.

Actually, DrewDad...it looks to me as though the word "witted" was omitted.

But it did come out of FOX (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha) News.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 12:50 pm
@gungasnake,
I agree with him: that is, by far, the best way to have a 1929-style depression again.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 02:10 pm
@joefromchicago,
You didn't state that one totally clearly. Are you saying you agree with me that the idea of returning to a gold standard would be an extraordinarily bad idea?
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 02:47 pm
@gungasnake,
You're right: that wasn't clear. What I meant is that I agree with Wayne Allyn Root, the author of the piece to which you linked, in that the best way to repeat a 1929-style depression is to take the steps you quoted.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:43 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
Re: gungasnake (Post 5216767)
You're right: that wasn't clear. What I meant is that I agree with Wayne Allyn Root, the author of the piece to which you linked, in that the best way to repeat a 1929-style depression is to take the steps you quoted.

Very funny!
0 Replies