The Incredibly Simple A2K NFL Superbowl Game For 2013.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 08:03 pm
@Ragman,
An aside, I'm glad Kaep kept hitting Davis. That man has been patient.
JPB

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 08:48 pm
wow
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 08:53 pm
@JPB,
Say Gnight to the people Brady
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 09:03 pm
@farmerman,
Ray Lewis retirement has officially been put on kold.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 09:04 pm
@farmerman,

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 09:08 pm
@Region Philbis,
Ok, I'll have to hand it to Flacco.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 12:27 pm
@JPB,
Thanks JPB...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 12:33 pm
@George,
Quote:
Oh, you're from that end of Nutmegland.

Mr. Green Mr. Green

I go back far enough when the Patriots were no good...And I am glad that that franchise is going to be a strong one for the future with what Brady and Belicheck (SP? not sure how to spell his name, sorry) have built...

But I was a Jets fan from around the late 80's or early 90's...

And I just do not want them to win because they are in my division and are a far superior team...And dominate the Jets....

I think one of the reasons I do not like them to win is because of how good they are...Or how much better they are then the Jets...

Because I actually like a lot of players on the Pats...And can at least appreciate their skills....

I think Brady is the second best QB of all time...And I think Welker, Hernandez, and especially Gronk is a stud...

Welker is the only one I am not sure how effective he would be on a different team without Brady passing to him out of the slot...

Gronk has a very, very promising career...So long as he can stay healthy...

I am sorry that there fans lost though....Not easy to lose....And I think there fans are cool....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 12:49 pm
Sigh..

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/17/36/72/4058783/3/628x471.jpg

Makes me wish I were 50 years younger.
Ok, not really.

But may get around to crafting my own bit of 49ers' jewelry. Too bad I gave away that sack of accumulated jewelry odds and ends a few months ago.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 01:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Ok, I'll have to hand it to Flacco.

Yeah...coming from a Flacco critique...I do not think that anyone out there could illegitimately argue what he is doing is just not down right impressive...

Who would have thought he would beat Peyton and Brady in one playoff?

I think that Baltimore was a 40-1 shot in Vegas at the start of the postseason....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:06 pm
@ossobuco,
You want to know the truth too? I just thought about this...I do not even think Flacco is bad...I think I am a critique because he has the strongest arm in football...And has an advantage over any other QB...In that respect...And I probably expect him to just do more than he needs to do...But I do think at times he tries too hard...and would be better if he was more of a conservative QB...And pounded the rock with Rice...More...I do not think he would ever have to be a Brady or Rodgers...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:24 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Well, I've not read about the ravens extensively, but I have had the impression he was held back from hurling the football for a very long time; perhaps he repeatedly goofed up when he tried in the past. It's hard to get better at something if you don't do it. I figure game planning was dominant. I'm glad for him.

Plus, I've always liked his name.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:29 pm
@ossobuco,
LoL...Yeah, your right...I will agree with you there...It is a pretty cool name! Wink Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I found just the right jewelry in my jewelry clatch already - a rather cheesy and wonderful wrist band of faux gold strips with some red and some dark "gems", on alternating strips, very zingy, about two inches wide all around, all threaded with elastic filaments that I trust are about to break at the slightest provocation. Bought it at Cost Plus (are they still in business? Maybe they're now World Market. Is World Market still in business? I dunno.) I'll maintain the bracelet on my desk for the next two weeks.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:40 pm
dang

anyone got that doctored pic of the referee giving Tom Brady a box of kleenex on the field?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:41 pm
@ehBeth,
No!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:59 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
anyone got that doctored pic of the referee giving Tom Brady a box of kleenex on the field?

No, but here's the next best thing ...

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 03:07 pm
@Ticomaya,
I will start with this ... I want to rag on my favourite counsel ... he's a major Brady fan.

Cool
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 07:24 pm
@Ticomaya,
Could you imagine an epidemic of butt fumbles? Mr. Green Mr. Green

Mark Sanchez hit his teammates ass...And was leveled and the ball was out... Mr. Green Mr. Green 2 Cents
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 07:00 am
We arrived in NOLA in time for Super Bowl week. Carnival is in full swing but will take a hiatus after today in the city until Feb 6. Plenty of parades going on in the suburbs next weekend (not Sunday). The NFL has apparently taken over Jackson Sq and the public areas along the river. I haven't ventured over there yet, but they're running a free four day music festival Th - Su on the river front that I'll be sure to attend. Some of my favorite bands are playing.

Crowds are surprisingly small this weekend. I was even able to find street parking in front of our building which is difficult-to-impossible during peak events like Mardi Gras and big football games.

We haven't decided yet where we'll hole up to watch the game on Sunday. At $3000/seat it won't be inside the Superdome. There's lots going on outside the dome. There is also Roger Goodell bounty hunting going on everywhere. Restaurants are being encouraged to refuse to serve him.

The city established a "clean zone" where businesses and individuals are prohibited from displaying advertising for anyone not sanctioned by the NFL. That went over big. It originally included all of the CBD, FQ, and areas of the Marigny Triangle (basically anywhere you'll find a tourist) but a court order now restricts the zone to the area just around the Superdome.

Regarding the game itself, as the baby of my family I've always been partial to the younger sibling in these sibling rivalries. I'll be cheering for Baltimore.