What does " people are born with nothing inside, or lose what little they have -living ghosts" mean?

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:19 am
Does it mean "Not all the above phenomenon to be rare, people are born with a brain that is like a blank page to be written, or (the people) will lose blahblahblah(I failed to depict with other words)"?

Context:
A ghost is a role without an actor. Ghosts are like movies—the story goes on, but nobody's home. Like dead skin, under normal circumstances, a ghost lingers just long enough to prevent the vulnerable flesh of the living.
Not all that rarely, people are born with nothing inside, or lose what little they have -living ghosts
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,431 • Replies: 24
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:28 am
@oristarA,
IMO.. Based solely on your slight, ..and you must admit, it is slight of, surely.. an explanation.

It means minds are terminated.. Covered with the belief in the world that children can be born evil, so they stick real kids in the path, unless there's something important to do and they call those 'the blank'.

What little they have?
Is clearly another twisting of affairs to me.

Living ghosts, I suppose could mean stripped and wiped brains or souls and maybe minds.

Why would a unit so designated betray the ethics he holds true, for merely emotional response, nevermind the lies, they are pointless to unit X.
As proof, picture the jungle, 50 square miles, 20 gorillas, not one different and evil.
Monkeys, there is the evil alpha.. But we see evil 'non-alphas' figure that! In people!

Zoos, ZOOS!

The animals there see weird man do allsorts and life is given, it is then easier to sway acts of horror when zoos are to be ended.... Due to the shock of easy life coming to an end... ("Kill the child we do not need it soon!") Monkey cruelty against monkey infants was less 100 years ago in zoos, I bet ya!

Not that I particularly think they do anything to them, in a mind blank way.. But rather it is time that the forces converge, so outside they do.

Soon man loses chance, hence they push for the belief in second comings, if all fall perfectly innocent it will be vast, no doubt my posts are altered vastly in at least one way. At least they were before.
nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:45 am
@nothingtodo,
If these views are at least put out, damage limitation can occur by those who ponder. Perhaps God will not be able to connect all man and we stand chance that all man does not fall in one.

To be a flower is still to be stepped on, strength in an amazonian warrioress is not abhorrent!

Peace and love is one thing.
Loving peace and love because it falls lubed below in lust is another.
0 Replies

JTT
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:17 pm
@oristarA,
I believe that the writer is saying that just as ghosts are empty vessels/bodies, so too are some people born like this, empty of/lack humanity.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:49 pm
@JTT,
Yea JTT and I think that's most of us, born into in the grip of determinism; shaped, preordained by our parents, buddies, nationality, religion, and such circumstance of environment

Born in Illinois 1930 of German ancestry I often wonder, given only a very slight twist of circumstance, whether if instead it had been Berlin, whether I might have have joined the Hitler Youth, sieg-heiling our Dear Leader and denouncing Jews
nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:08 pm
@oristarA,
Maybe it also means that a ghost is the soundbox of the voice in the distance.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:14 pm
Advice: don't pay ANY attention to ANY post of nothingotodo. I can't decide if he is posting nonsense out of malice, or if he is a loony. Either way, don''t read. Don't answer.
JTT

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:17 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Born in Illinois 1930 of German ancestry I often wonder, given only a very slight twist of circumstance, whether if instead it had been Berlin, whether I might have have joined the Hitler Youth, sieg-heiling our Dear Leader and denouncing Jews

It takes a mighty person to resist the conditioning/propaganda of one's culture, Dale.

Look here at all the people of A2K who deny the existence, in the US, of the same evils that were found in the Nazis.
nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:18 pm
@contrex,
Lovely person aren't you.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:23 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
It takes a mighty person to resist the conditioning/propaganda of one's culture, Dale.
It most certainly does, JTT, leading me to q many of my own beliefs, convictions, prejudices

Quote:
Look here at all the people of A2K who deny the existence, in the US, of the same evils that were found in the Nazis.
I hadn't noticed and particular such concentration but if so, why especially here, do you suppose
dalehileman

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:26 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
Advice: don't pay ANY attention to ANY post of nothingotodo……….., don''t read. Don't answer.
Gee Con, what did he say that so upset you
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:43 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
I hadn't noticed and particular such concentration but if so, why especially here, do you suppose

For the vast majority, they have finally had to face the ugly truths about the US.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 05:24 pm
@contrex,
Thank you for speaking as A2K's final judge and jury. Whether or not I agree with your comment, I see him as no better or worse than you. We all can decide for ourselves whether to ignore or not (manually or otherwise).
JTT

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 09:57 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you for your stunning hypocrisy, Ragman.
Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:05 pm
@JTT,
nyeh, nyeh, neener, neener..your momma!
nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:11 pm
AHA!
Humans 'are' here!

Thank you.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:27 pm
@Ragman,
Caught out and you resort to this?

Surely you could have concocted a lie or borrowed one from the vast resources of Merry Andrew.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 11:39 pm

Here is more context (Full context, read Creg Bear's Dead Line):

A ghost is a role without an actor. Ghosts are like movies—the story goes on, but nobody's home. Like dead skin, under normal circumstances, a ghost lingers just long enough to prevent the vulnerable flesh of the living.
Not all that rarely, people are born with nothing inside, or lose what little they have -living ghosts. And when they die, sometimes even before they die, a hole opens up and a bit of the dark world creeps in.
We were all there in that city that draws its paycheck from the manufacture of ghosts. We were there when one man started handing out free talk. And we are there now, sad little dolls made of dust.
Your friends, if only you knew. If only you were smart enough to care. Maybe now you'll listen, though you never have before.
You'll join us soon enough.
You're next.

---------------

Question one: Who's "we" in the context above? "Ghosts" or "living ghosts"?

Question two: What does "Your friends, if only you knew" signify? Looks meaningless to me. Of course I believe the author means something. Then what is it?
JTT

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 11:05 am
@oristarA,
Still not enough context, Ori.
JTT

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 01:55 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
We were all there in that city that draws its paycheck from the manufacture of ghosts.

Hotel California

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends [??]
She got a lot of pretty pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before