A2K Antarctica gathering

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:19 am
Gussy is gone, schnff, and where is my sazerac?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:26 am
I think y'all may find it's a bit difficult to get to Antarctica in July August. Long way to travel on a skidoo from Terre del Fuego!

I'll go if someone organises transport!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:34 am
By the looks of the way things are developing here, we're gonna have a hell of a party. The A2K gathering in Florida is going to be a real snoozer compared to ours. (My apologies to Rae since she is putting a lot of effort into lasagna-making and beer procurement)

I stopped at kickycan's house last night to check out his "monkey love tent". Not that I wanted to try it out, mind you, but when I throw a party I like to know beforehand if the the tents are up to my standards.

Kickycan's tent looks pretty good! He was sitting in the entrance while Ceili did a practice dance for him.

Yep, I think this thing is gonna fly.

Yeeeeeeeeeeha!!!

http://www.glennshadix.com/apegallery/hot-monkey-love.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:38 am
Sigh - I soooo do not have anything to do with any lovers unable to give informed consent - this includes primates as well as all other animals...pity, if Kicky had left the damned monkey behind it might have been fun...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:45 am
Dlowan, Kicky told me, and this is verbatim, "I'm gonna get that damn Dlowan inside my tent and when I'm done with her... she'll never go back to rabbits."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:54 am
I said I wasn't coming to Antarctica....any more...
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:57 am
I'm sorry, gus... this is not fair you know, forcing everybody to come... It's called forcing us there, when you mention all that fun!!!

Hehe, I'll bring my tandem arctic sleepbag, and leave urs at home... no, I won't, honey!!

she might read this post, dang!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:09 am
Quote:
Yes, SCoates, it's really Olga.

I'm sorry, msolga, but I'm not buying that your name is Olga.

I got you pegged as Cindy, or possibly Bitsy, but Olga.... never.

bigdice, welcome aboard! You are hereby named official bartender.

(and, yes, if your wife is not looking you may spend time in the "monkey-love tent")
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:51 am
OOH..... I'll have to buy a digital camera. I'll bet that I could take a lot of outdoor pictures of all of you, running after the penguins, ice skating, and tobogganing. I think that we could start a new A2K album, with all those great pics! :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:59 am
Gautam wrote:
Though I always wanted to make out in an igloo...

No igloos on Antartica ... no spelling, either.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:06 am
I'm sure you could make an igloo in Antartica. You need the kind of snow with a crust and there is plenty of it down there.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:09 am
I don't think Mr Polar Bear will be there. Arctic is more his patch. Although his bi polarity might have some bearing. or baring. dont know which.

However I will attempt to be there. But Antarctica is a big place. Suggest we meet at the south pole. If its too crowded we can always go somewhere else.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:12 am
its the iceloos that worry me
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:17 am
I have a big problem. I am afraid that the difference in how the coriolis effect will impact on me will cause a lot of confusion.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:21 am
damn i hate to be the sensible one but i will bring the paper plates and plastic utensils.:-)
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:22 am
colorbook wrote:

Quote:
Gus, with all that paraphernalia, you'll never make it through customsÂ…you will be sorely missed at the gathering.

I think there is little to fear on that score. Antarctic Customs is generally pretty lax...just slip the head penguin a fish.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:26 am
dlowan, come on! The monkey is only one of many exciting love tent events. you don't even have to see the monkey if you don't want. You and I can sneak off to my special private tent and play naked scrabble (it's heated, and I'm trying to find a guy who will install a jazuzzi.)
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:38 am
willow_tl wrote:
damn i hate to be the sensible one but i will bring the paper plates and plastic utensils.:-)

Plastic, good thinking...you know how metal sticks to the skin at sub-arctic temps. And guys, don't get any ideas. It will freeze soon as it hits the air.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 11:34 am
*snort*
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 11:46 am
Pheonix, how you getting along with Coriolis effect compensation?
0 Replies