Pitter

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 05:18 pm
Is there any reason a sixty-seven year old man shouldn't do sit-ups on a daily basis?

roger

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 05:24 pm
@Pitter,
Nope.

They tell me crunches are better, but I'm more comfortable with sit ups. For what it's worth, I have a slant board that lets my get pretty much the same benefit with much more comfort. I do not like the feeling my feet are coming off the ground.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 05:53 pm
@Pitter,
What does your doctor tell you?

If anyone is doing sit-ups (or any other exercise) incorrectly they may cause more problems than whatever it is they are being done to correct/improve.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 06:18 pm
@Pitter,
Yes! If you made it to age 67 without doing any, then you were doing something right.
roger

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 06:46 pm
@Ragman,
Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 06:51 pm
@Pitter,
We do crunches while having a 25lb weight lying on our chest but I’m not quite 67. You can do some serious harm to your back doing sit-ups or crunches.

You can lose a lot of belly fat by just running or walking on a treadmill if that’s what your plan is.
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:57 pm
@Pitter,
There is absolutely no reason why you cannot do it. Exercise is for everyone but then again, you also have to make sure that you consulted a doctor before you do the physical activity.
Pitter

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 08:49 pm
@amygarside,
Thank you all very much.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 06:15 am
@Pitter,
I live in a 55+ community. I met a man at the gym who had the body of a 25 year old. He did a whole routine of exercise including sit ups and crunches.

When I spoke to him, he told me that he was 85. He said that he did these exercises every day, and that if he stopped, that would be "it".

As long as you don't have a bad back, at 67, you should keep on going. (I understand that the stores are having sales on those tiny men's bathing suits! Very Happy )
0 Replies