Interested in dating a younger woman

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 09:45 pm
I am a man in his mid thirties who is interested in a woman in her twenties. We used to have the same employer so I would make small talk with her when i seen her. Then last week I found out she was no longer working there. But this past week on my way back to the office from lunch I seen her walking. So I immediately pull over and make small talk with her. Just asked how she was and asked if she would like to get some coffee. She said yes and I gave her my number and asked her to text me with her number and she did. So the last couple days I sent her texts just saying hello. She did respond right away. I didn't today cos I don't want to be pushy. So my question is what would be the best way to go about this without coming on to strong? Or am I reading to much into it and was she just being courteous. Either way any advice it greatly appreciated.

nothingtodo

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 09:56 pm
@MickMars,
Curious?
I see.

Kiss her only when she clearly agrees.
Many a time, any other advice produces the counter notion.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 10:05 pm
@MickMars,
She's already said she would like to have coffee, so why don't you do that, and see where it goes from there.
0 Replies

ProphetDBeats

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 10:42 am
@MickMars,
women have different trains of thoughts than men.

see, when you asked her for her number and to text you and coffee and all that stuff, she had already considered the POSSIBILITY of you two taking it to that level. if it were not possible, she would have said no or found a reason to beat around the bush.

set a date, go get coffee, see where it goes.

i see you are curious.... maybe she is too....

dont be pushy with the convo, the most important thing is that you listen to her and appreciate her stories. if you find your self struggling to stay interested in what she is trying to tell you, you should re elvaluate the situation.

other than that, the hard part is out of the way, now go on a date already.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 10:50 am
@MickMars,
MickMars wrote:
asked if she would like to get some coffee. She said yes and I gave her my number and asked her to text me with her number and she did.

you need to get on with meeting her for a coffee

There are so many threads on this site from men/women who've given out their number in response to something like your original ''want to go for coffee" and then don't get the invite soon and they wonder what they've done to turn the other person off.

Make plans to go for that coffee - maybe between Christmas and New Year's, when a lot of people need a chance to decompress away from their family.
0 Replies