How can something come from nothing?

Smileyrius

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 08:54 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
It is a very expansive question Romeo. No specifics. Is Gods will for the earth to be as it is today?
(this is not a trap)
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:24 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
It's simple enough mate, the earth is a Testing Ground, and if we pass the test we qualify to get off this ball of mud once and for all.
     What do you measn by a 'ball of mud' - do you have anything better as an alternative?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:26 am
@Herald,
Okay let me re-phrase it-
The earth is a spinning ball of salty mud..Smile
Herald

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Okay let me re-phrase it-The earth is a spinning ball of salty mud..Smile
     R. you are talking about the only living environment known so far, in which we can survive ... within a radius of 13.68 billion light years
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:33 am
Quote:
Smileyrius asked: Is Gods will for the earth to be as it is today?

Are you bucking for the part of The Riddler in the next Batman movie? If so you'll have to stand in line behind Neologist and Frank Apisa..Smile
Meanwhile let me try to answer whatever it is you're trying to ask-
Humans have badly polluted the earth so I'm sure God isn't okay with that at all..Smile

PS- I don't drive, do you?
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/stink.jpg
Herald

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:46 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Humans have badly polluted the earth so I'm sure God isn't okay with that at all..Smile
     We don't know anything about God:
     1. Who is He ... and why should He be concerned about us?
     2. Is He still within the range to help us, if willing to do so?
     3. Why should He help us at all - who are we, respectively?
     Suppose God is a Board of ILFs and they have observed so far that we are absolute failure, from any point of view? Why should they decide to help us at all?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:57 am
Quote:
Herald said: We don't know anything about God:
Who is He ... and why should He be concerned about us?

The earth is a testing ground, see my stunning essay entitled "Gold Beret" on the previous page of this thread.
Think of God as a football coach who told us in the bible how to play in a trial match, and is now sitting on the bench watching how we do and hoping we all make the first team..Smile

Jesus said "your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish" (Matt 18:14)
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 05:18 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I think I would make a great Riddler, I look great in green. The question however was not a riddle at all, or at least not intentionally. It was intended as a straight question. I am happy to redefine questions if you need me to though.

Okay so God isn't happy with Pollution. What of wars? pestilence? famine? genocides? ethnic cleansing? sex crimes? perverse nature of man? Natural Disasters? All of these things and more create a state of suffering of different levels upon mankind. Did God intend for the world to be full of these things?

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 05:33 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said: Okay so God isn't happy with Pollution. What of wars? pestilence? famine? genocides? ethnic cleansing? sex crimes? perverse nature of man? Natural Disasters? All of these things and more create a state of suffering of different levels upon mankind. Did God intend for the world to be full of these things?

Well, when Adam/Eve messed up in Eden, God said "Right, from now on humans are gonna be in a world o' hurt!", the moral being human stupidity is to blame, not God..Smile

PS- speaking of tests and trials, I once had a trial match for Leicester City Football Club in 1969 and hit the back of the net twice in our team's 4-2 victory over the other triallists team, then I went home wearing a smug grin to wait for the sign-up papers and pro contract to arrive.
I'm still waiting..
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 05:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
We all know the story of Eden, but by the reasoning of the Earth being a testing ground, what exactly did they mess up? What would god have done differently had they not disobeyed?
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 05:47 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
PS- speaking of tests and trials, I once had a trial match for Leicester City Football Club in 1969 and hit the back of the net twice in our team's 4-2 victory over the other triallists team, then I went home wearing a smug grin to wait for the sign-up papers and pro contract to arrive.
I'm still waiting..

Sometimes the criteria we think we should be judged on, is just a small portion of what we are truly judged upon. Two goals is impressive mind, you should seek another chomp at the bit.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 06:03 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said: We all know the story of Eden, but by the reasoning of the Earth being a testing ground, what exactly did they mess up? What would god have done differently had they not disobeyed?

God said "Don't you dare touch that fruit!"
Satan whispered "Go on, have it!"
So Adam/Eve chose to listen to satan instead of God, that's a big mess up alright!
If they HAD listened to God, maybe earth would still be a beautiful Eden..Smile
neologist

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 06:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . If they HAD listened to God, maybe earth would still be a beautiful Eden..Smile
Maybe!?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 06:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Smileyrius said: We all know the story of Eden, but by the reasoning of the Earth being a testing ground, what exactly did they mess up? What would god have done differently had they not disobeyed?

God said "Don't you dare touch that fruit!"
Satan whispered "Go on, have it!"
So Adam/Eve chose to listen to satan instead of God, that's a big mess up alright!
If they HAD listened to God, maybe earth would still be a beautiful Eden..Smile

If the god had been decent enough to let them know there was something wrong about not "listening"...maybe they would have listened.

If they knew there was a right and wrong...which they didn't because the god in the story denies them that knowledge...MAYBE they would have listened.

The story is an absurdity...funny, but an absurdity.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 07:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So theoretically if God originally willed the earth to be an edenlike paradise, would it still have been a testing ground?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 07:13 pm
@Smileyrius,
Any question with the word "if" in it is just a hypothetical question to which we can't know the answer, so my guess is as good as yours..Wink
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 07:39 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I guess a better question would be, why do we start off with a different test conditions to Adam and Eve. If God started this whole thing out as a test of man, it does not answer the question as to why he allows so much more suffering now than the conditions under which Adam and Eve thrived. Why is there not an even playing field for all mankind?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 07:54 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said: I guess a better question would be, why do we start off with a different test conditions to Adam and Eve. If God started this whole thing out as a test of man, it does not answer the question as to why he allows so much more suffering now than the conditions under which Adam and Eve thrived. Why is there not an even playing field for all mankind?

The test conditions for Adam/Eve were "don't disobey God", same as for us.
They chose to disobey him and that created truckloads of bad vibes that started sloshing around the planet, disrupting the harmony of everything.
And the "bad vibe pool" has been added to ever since by bad human vibes that keep messing up the tranquility of the planet.
For example whenever an atheist anywhere in the world says "there's no God" it might trigger a birth defect in a womb somewhere, or make Frank Apisa's back twinge..Wink
JLNobody

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 08:44 pm
Since change is the most fundamental characteristic of reality it follows that all things we thingers perceive (Fresco) are passing from one ontological state to another, i.e., they are both something and nothing in a continuous process.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 08:45 pm
Since change is the most fundamental characteristic of reality it follows that all things we "thingers" perceive (cf.Fresco) are passing from one ontological state to another, i.e., they are both something and nothing in a continuous process.
0 Replies