How can something come from nothing?

neologist

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
So, there's grass in heaven?
It's like earth, then?
Why not just stay here, as we have been promised?
neologist

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Careful, Frank.
Your shoes!!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:30 am
Quote:
Neologist said: So, there's grass in heaven?
It's like earth, then? Why not just stay here, as we have been promised?

If golfers want grass, they'll get it, heck Jesus himself might caddy for them..Smile
But heaven is more a state of mind than an atoms/molecules place.
For example my brother in law was a keen fisherman and as he lay dying of cancer in a morphine stupor, he was making sweeping movements with his arms wearing a great big smile.
His daughter asked him "What are you doing dad?" and he sleepily mumbled "fishing for trout", and he later slipped away to that great trout lake in the sky..
MWal

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:31 am
@neologist,
There's grass, its just not grown in ****. Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:36 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Neologist said: So, there's grass in heaven?
It's like earth, then? Why not just stay here, as we have been promised?

If golfers want grass, they'll get it, heck Jesus himself might caddy for them..Smile
But heaven is more a state of mind than an atoms/molecules place.
For example my brother in law was a keen fisherman and as he lay dying of cancer and heavily morphined, he was making sweeping movements with his arms wearing a great big smile.
His daughter asked him "What are you doing dad?" and he sleepily mumbled "fishing for trout", and he later slipped away to that great trout lake in the sky..

There are times when more wisdom comes out of people by accident...then when they are actually trying to impart wisdom, Romeo!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:41 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . If golfers want grass, they'll get it,
Cool!
I have fond memories of hikes along the Appalachian Trail and wandering the woods of New Hampshire. I enjoyed many a dip in the Pemigewasset. So, if heaven is like that . . . . Oh, wait a minute . . . earth is already like that . . .
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
heck Jesus himself might caddy for them. . .
Why would you need a caddy?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 12:16 pm
If JW's or anybody else want to stay on earth after its been clobbered they're welcome to it but include me out, it'd be sheer hell..Smile
Jesus said about the worlds end- "..earthquakes, famines, darkened sun and moon, falling stars, shaken planets...those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning until now, and never to be equaled again. If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive.
(Mark ch 13)

So I think I'd accept Jesus's offer to rescue us and whisk us off to somewhere a tad better..Smile
"In my fathers house are many mansions,I'm going on ahead to get them ready for you,then come back to take you there with me" (John 14:2-6)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/mansion.jpg~original

Incidentally, when the sun turns into a red giant things are going to get pretty hot for the stay-behinds..
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sun-redgiant_zpse1bff226.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 12:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Do you seriously believe the most powerful force in the universe would be incapable of sustaining our infinitesimal planet through any event?
Quote:
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. (Isaiah 45:18)
BTW, those look like earthly mansions, Romeo.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 01:07 pm
@neologist,
Think of heaven as a "state of mind" mate..Smile
Pictures of beautiful golf courses and mansions etc are only symbolic images in human terms of a heavenly paradise.
Jesus never explained exactly what heaven is like, or where it is, all we do know is that it's not on earth, as evidenced by the dialogue between Jesus and the guy on the cross next to him-
"Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23: 39-43)
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 02:19 pm
@outofthecave,
outofthecave wrote:
Can you be specific what do you mean by something.
I am not the titular of this thread to whom you are addressing the question, but I can try to answer it.
In the philosophical sense something is defined as: any object, being, quality, characteristics, event, situation, circumstance, entity, nature, spirit or anything of the kind that is perceived as existing in the real world, notwithstanding whether as material or immaterial presence.
In physics something is a little bit more constraint: any object, being, event, situation, circumstance, evidence or entity that can exist in the physical world. The spirit, phenomenological experience and the state of mind do not exist in the physical sense, hence they are not something - they are simply nothing (from materialistic point of view) - the human body is merely an aggregate of cells.

outofthecave wrote:
I think question can be how can life be there from nothing?
Life is not out there from nothing - it is top design production of the big bang theory. Whether the big bang theory is really nothing plausible is another issue.

outofthecave wrote:
What is life?
Environment driven quantum processes, with or without access to external impact, operating under the supervision, control and monitoring of the pre-encoded DNA sequences, and who, how, when and why has made, shaped, modeled or designed the DNA sequences is something that we may never come to know.

outofthecave wrote:
Where does it come from and where does it go?
Perhaps you mean the soul, not life, for IMV they are different. The soul comes from the Big Bang of cause and goes into the Gravitational Continuum, unless it get lost in the Time-Space Continuum. You have to read the classics.

outofthecave wrote:
I do not know whether we can really know?

This is the real question: what we know, how much of the information has been lost ... and how can people like FM, FA and Ci can have such great conceit on the background of the incorrect, incomplete or missing, manipulated by the personal interests, or distorted beyond recognition information, which they are disposing of.

outofthecave wrote:
but can you share your ideas ...

What about sharing your ideas?

Quote:
Can something come out of nothing

Absolutely not. There is no way to balance the formulas in physics, for example, if you have something on the left side and nothing on the right side. If you accept axiomatically that Something can be equal to Nothing you have to write brand new physics and math and math logic, etc. notwithstanding whether you are on the first page of the Universe or on the last page, where the Time-Space Continuum starts expanding under the supervision and not without the involvement of the Big Bang.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 10:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
with insignificant semantics of the statement, hidden under boldface black performances, Frank Apisa wrote:
Anyone who lacks interest in the universe must be a dull person indeed.
   ... and anyone who disseminates mumbo-jumbo about the Universe, based on assumptions comprising mainly missing, misleading, incomplete and distorted information must be what, F.?
   You see, this boldface is provided to the post in order to use it when you really have to put accent on something ... not to misuse with it all the time.

with even more unclear & hidden in the good old boldface fuzzy semantics Frank Apisa wrote:
If you do not like boldface...you are welcome to ignore my posts.
   I have no problems with your colormania & graphomania. When somebody does not have what to say and has a burning desire to present himself as a top-rhetoric-author the boldface is obviously some kind of a solution ... for the cover page.

even without paying attention to the semantics Frank Apisa wrote:
If there is something you want to "prove"...prove it. You do not need a request from me to do so.
   By this statement you are actually making a request for me to do so, and you shhould have noticed it if your attention has not been engaged too much with the boldface ... of the title ... on the cover page.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 04:27 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

with insignificant semantics of the statement, hidden under boldface black performances, Frank Apisa wrote:
Anyone who lacks interest in the universe must be a dull person indeed.
   ... and anyone who disseminates mumbo-jumbo about the Universe, based on assumptions comprising mainly missing, misleading, incomplete and distorted information must be what, F.?
   You see, this boldface is provided to the post in order to use it when you really have to put accent on something ... not to misuse with it all the time.

If you say so! (Said dripping in sarcasm!)

Anyone who lacks interest in the universe must be a very dull person indeed.

Quote:

with even more unclear & hidden in the good old boldface fuzzy semantics Frank Apisa wrote:
If you do not like boldface...you are welcome to ignore my posts.
   I have no problems with your colormania & graphomania. When somebody does not have what to say and has a burning desire to present himself as a top-rhetoric-author the boldface is obviously some kind of a solution ... for the cover page.

Interesting comment! Did you have help composing it?

Quote:

even without paying attention to the semantics Frank Apisa wrote:
If there is something you want to "prove"...prove it. You do not need a request from me to do so.
   By this statement you are actually making a request for me to do so, and you shhould have noticed it if your attention has not been engaged too much with the boldface ... of the title ... on the cover page.

Wow...your hemorrhoids must really be bothering you.

Perhaps you ought to do a full body massage with Preparation H.
Herald

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 05:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
You cannot stop repeating it, can you? Don't you have any other (broken) record?

Frank Apisa wrote:
... and your comment is not entirely boring.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Wow, you must have lost the boldface in your quotes - what are you going to do without the boldface, ahh, F.?

Frank Apisa wrote:
Perhaps it's none of your business what I am going to do, where and when? Look there after your favorite boldface, and don't bother about me.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 05:54 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
You cannot stop repeating it, can you? Don't you have any other (broken) record?

Frank Apisa wrote:
... and your comment is not entirely boring.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Wow, you must have lost the boldface in your quotes - what are you going to do without the boldface, ahh, F.?

Frank Apisa wrote:
Perhaps it's none of your business what I am going to do, where and when? Look there after your favorite boldface, and don't bother about me.

You are no bother at all, Herald.
neologist

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 09:07 am
Oh, bother!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 10:36 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa claimed: Anyone who lacks interest in the universe must be a very dull person indeed.

Whatever floats yer boat mate; for example if golf comes on TV I quickly switch channels to something interesting like "World's Deadliest Prison Gangs"

(Correction- I always make a point of watching the highly entertaining James Bond vs Goldfinger golf scene!)
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 12:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
     Just asking: Do you 'have interest in the Universe' ... and how far have you gone with the material? What is that F. that only you know about the Universe and the rest of us don't know? It would be interesting to get knowing that.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 12:29 pm
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
     Just asking: Do you 'have interest in the Universe' ...

Yes.

Quote:
...and how far have you gone with the material?

I seldom carry it around the house, if that is what you mean. I read whatever I can on astronomy and cosmology...I have three telescopes, one refractor and two reflectors...and although I do not do as much personal viewing these days as I did earlier in my life, I still occasionally do it.

Quote:
What is that F. that only you know about the Universe and the rest of us don't know?

Is that one of the requirements of finding the subject interesting...or are you just grasping at straws?

Quote:

It would be interesting to get knowing that.

Well...buy a telescope; set it up; and look at what is available to see.

MWal

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 12:34 pm
If you consider this world hated, then love will have to rise from its own ashes like the legendary Phoenix.

Imagine the Earth coming to know out of the shades of ignorance.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 09:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I read whatever I can on astronomy and cosmology...
     What have you read, F. about the Time-Space Coninuum. What does it mean?
Frank Apisa wrote:
I have three telescopes, one refractor and two reflectors...
     It doesn't matter how many telescopes you have - what matters is the diameter of the mirror.
Frank Apisa wrote:
... and although I do not do as much personal viewing these days as I did earlier in my life, I still occasionally do it.
     How do you manage with the light pollution?
Frank Apisa wrote:
...buy a telescope; set it up; and look at what is available to see.
      I have a telescope, and also access to telescope with 16 m mirror, but I prefer to analyse the data from the large observatories.
      You didn;t answer the question: what have you seen through the telescope about the Big Bang that the other people don't know. Why don't you simply answer the question.