How can something come from nothing?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 09:50 pm
@Herald,
You wrote,
Quote:
There is no way for you to know that.

Yes, there is! Scientists share their findings almost immediately after they have tested their theory. New ideas are always shared with the whole world even when they have not been proven, because 'they' believe the theory is supported from what is observable and already known.

This information is from March of this year - on the big bang theory.
http://gizmodo.com/astronomers-discover-first-direct-proof-of-the-big-bang-1545525927

The idea of the big bang was first mentioned in 1949.
Quote:
It was actually Hoyle who coined the name of Lemaître's theory, referring to it as "this 'big bang' idea" during a radio broadcast on 28 March 1949, on the BBC Third Programme.
Herald

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 02:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Scientists share their findings almost immediately after they have tested their theory.
     Nobody is testing anything. Some people have to justify the huge money broken on the telescope ... by throwing more money in the same direction.
     All this mumbo jumbo about expanding universe ... with acceleration can be narrated only by people, who haven't seen an exponential function in their lifetime, where the 'acceleration' is modeled by continuously increasing rate of increase. If one asks them 'Can some space in the real world have infinite dimensions' they will not be able to answer that.
     All the evidences about the so called big bang are based on analysis of the light spectrum - which in any case scenario is indirect evidence. The physicists have no direct evidence about the so called 'expansion' of the universe.
     The same is with the evolution - all of the so called 'evidences' are indirect - rudimentary legs on birds, masked genes of teeth - not a single direct evidence.
     In some sciences a fact cannot be acknowledged as true unless there is at least one direct evidence - and you have none ... to both of the 'theories'.
     Those two are simply a 'gold mine' for easy makering of 'scientific' careers ... decades on end.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 02:58 pm
@Herald,
It's from 'simple' observation of the galaxies. Nothing magical about it.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 03:14 pm
I've always found the universe boring, it's just a lifeless debris field left over from the big bang.
Sure, atheists like Carl "billions upon billions" Sagan try to say the universe is "wondrous" with the help of phoney photoshopped colorised images, because it's become their "God", it's all they've got..Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 03:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
There's a saying that those who have never traveled have not gone beyond the first page. Those who lack interest in our universe must still be struggling to get on the first page.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 03:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Some people like travel, but some don't, whatever floats yer boat..
A famous artist once said "There is more beauty in your garden than in the whole world", and monks and nuns are happy to shut themselves away in monasteries and convents.
I used to travel once but as I've got older I HATE it, I haven't even been out of Plymouth for 5 years..Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 04:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

There's a saying that those who have never traveled have not gone beyond the first page. Those who lack interest in our universe must still be struggling to get on the first page.

Another great observation, ci. And very well put.

You are doing great today.

ROMEO: That was one of the silliest things you have ever said...which, considering the competition, means it had to be very silly indeed.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 05:29 pm
We holy men don't do "world"..Smile-

"Don't love the world or the things in it, otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)
"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)
"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen, for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (2 Cor 4:18)
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 09:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
It's from 'simple' observation of the galaxies. Nothing magical about it.
     It is not that simple, at all.
     The astrophysicists claim that Time & Space comprise one common Continuum (whatever this might mean) ... from where automatically follows that you, in the capacity of their fan No.1, should have known that when one 'observes' Space-Time and that Space-Time is 'expanding', before claiming that the Space is expanding, the option for the Time to 'be expanding' has to be excluded.
     How do you personally came to know that it is exactly the Space that 'is expanding' and not the Time being distorted by some reason unknown thus far, or by some unstudied property of light when travelling through great distances.
     BTW you have to exclude also the possibility for the light to have been distorted as a result of interfering with something when travelling through Space & Time ... which something is viewless at relatively short distances and which something is not obligatory to be the fables about the big bang, let alone its creation performances.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 09:11 pm
@Herald,
You're making the expansion of space more difficult than it really is.

We learned in grade school, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. When the stars are measured, it shows them growing further apart. The conclusion from that observation is a simple one.

Herald

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 09:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
Those who lack interest in our universe must still be struggling to get on the first page.
... and on which page are you personally ... with the boldface performances, for example, and how did you come to know that 'there is a saying' comprises 'an observation'?
     IMV you both are not even on the cover page, but rather wandering at the shop window of the bookstore ... and I can prove this (without any boldface), in case you get interested.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 09:42 pm
@Herald,
Only an ignorant person would say what you said about the "cover page." I've been around this world equivalent to 30 times; probably much more than the average person alive today. I have friends all around the world, and many here in the states. I've been to over 200 countries, and will be visiting my 90th unique country next month. I've traveled to the northernmost and southernmost cities of the world, flew to Mt Everest, dipped my feet in the Dead Sea a few times, have visited all five continents, and have over 37,000 hits on my travel blog from around the world that I started only three years ago.

Oh, and BTW, I've also been to the Galapagos Islands, and have visited Charles Darwin's Research Station.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 09:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The conclusion from that observation is a simple one.
It is not that simple - the different frequencies of light (modes) travel at different speed through fibre optic cable, for example, which means:
     1. You don't have any idea whether the different components of light are not travelling at different speed through Space-Time Continuum ... and at great distances this becomes observable.
     2. You don't even know whether Space-Time Continuum can even exist, let alone of being composed of 'straight lines'.
     3. You were the one claiming that Time does not exist as physical presence - how can then Time-Space 'mix-up' and interfere in the physical world, in the first pace.
     4. So and so you are great fan of the physics (evident from your light-travel observations), why don't you tell us how much should be the temperature (in the event of an isobar process V.T= const) of point zero (V=0; the zero-D space of the Time-Space Continuum) from where the Big Bang has launched its activities.
     The energy of the present-day universe is E = M.C^2 (where M is the mass of the Universe; and c is the speed of light in vacuum).
     Having the 'energy now' and the 'volume now' of the Universe you can calculate the average temperature. So you have:
               Vo.To = Vnow.Tnow
               To (big bang) = Vnow.Tnow/Vo = infinity
     ... not to mention that this expression is not even defined onto the time of the Big Bang, which means that the Big Bang is physically impossible, from where follows that the Big Bang can exist only on paper in case it proves that it is feasible (is not in contradiction with the math logic).
     Can you name at least one law of the physics or math that is valid onto the time of Big Bang 'happening'?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 10:00 pm
@Herald,
They've considered all those variables. I can only rely on what I read about the subject; I'm not a scientist, but trust their findings.

I'm the wrong person to be asking questions about space-time and the big bang. That's really not my specialty, but I like to keep up with science in laymans terms.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 02:25 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
Those who lack interest in our universe must still be struggling to get on the first page.
... and on which page are you personally ... with the boldface performances, for example, and how did you come to know that 'there is a saying' comprises 'an observation'?
     IMV you both are not even on the cover page, but rather wandering at the shop window of the bookstore ... and I can prove this (without any boldface), in case you get interested.

Underwear too tight, Herald?

Anyone who lacks interest in the universe must be a dull person indeed.

If you are suggesting that is only an opinion of mine....

...I plead guilty.

If you do not like boldface...you are welcome to ignore my posts.

If there is something you want to "prove"...prove it. You do not need a request from me to do so.
outofthecave

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 04:50 am
Can you be specific what do you mean by something. I think question can be how can life be there from nothing?
What is life? where does it come from and where does it go?
I do not know whether we can really know? but can you share your ideas...
neologist

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 09:08 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I've always found the universe boring, it's just a lifeless debris field left over from the big bang.
Sure, atheists like Carl "billions upon billions" Sagan try to say the universe is "wondrous" with the help of phoney photoshopped colorised images, because it's become their "God", it's all they've got..
Yeah, but Romeo. . . If you spend eternity there, I'm sure you'll figure some way to amuse yourself, right?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 09:31 am
@neologist,
Good point, if Sagan and Hawking and all the other atheistic universe-worshippers love the universe so much, perhaps their souls will be automatically drawn to it when they die, and end up trapped floating in empty boring space, hence the warning-
"Don't worship the sun, moon and stars" (Deut 4:19)

Same with earth-worshippers like the JW's who think there'll be an afterlife on earth where they'll be running the show, so maybe their souls will become trapped on boring earth because they're attached to earth so much. Hence the warning-
"Set your mind on things above,not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)

The universe and earth are simply spiritually-worthless material atoms-and-molecule things which is why true holy men don't worship them, and instead are Jesus-focussed and their souls will fly to HIM in paradise..Smile

"My Father’s house has many rooms..I am going there to prepare a place for you. You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:2/6)
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 09:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Good point, if Sagan and Hawking and all the other atheistic universe-worshippers love the universe so much, perhaps their souls will be automatically drawn to it when they die, and end up trapped floating in empty boring space, hence the warning-
"Don't worship the sun, moon and stars" (Deut 4:19)

Same with earth-worshippers like the JW's who think there'll be an afterlife on earth where they'll be running the show, so maybe their souls will become trapped on boring earth because they're attached to earth so much. Hence the warning-
"Set your mind on things above,not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)

The universe and earth are simply spiritually-worthless material atoms-and-molecule things which is why true holy men don't worship them, and instead are Jesus-focussed and their souls will fly to HIM in paradise..Smile

"My Father’s house has many rooms..I am going there to prepare a place for you. You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:2/6)

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:04 am
True story-
a golf fan once asked evangelist Billy Graham "Will there be golf courses in heaven?", to which Graham replied "Yes, if you want there to be"
Of course, it's quite an exclusive club, and if atheists, agnostics and nonchristians are hoping to be accepted as members, they've still got a fair way to go..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/golf_courseA_zpsee3e7d5e.jpg~original