How can something come from nothing?

Germlat

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, the way I see it is it comes from a need to understand....so it comes from something.
kiuku

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 05:20 pm
@Germlat,
No joke there is no such thing as ex nihilo. I'm doing research. There isn't a source for ex nihilo itself, just speculation, so someone spread it around, in my opinion. Then there is this suspicious line: Creatio ex materia, I mean first of all there wouldn't be an objection to ex nihilo unless ex nihilo was the foremost belief so there wouldn't be a so called thing, creatio ex materia, appears to be written by someone not schooled in what I call real Latin or its purposes. It appears to be written by someone who "knows Latin." I don't think it's real, at all. There's no "creatio." Hold on.

I was taught that it was 'fiat', there's French latin, when the creationists started their debate.

Well, I found out that Nihil, comes from Anneilos, Greek, so ex nihilo is definitely Latin, since no one knows where Nihil came from, didn't say it came from Greek therefore it has no Greek philosophy source, to be more articulate, but more research tells me that it is Middle English times Latin, when the word for Island which comes directly from Neilos and Eilos, mixed into the language, basically when sort of creationists were moving to speak about [Hell]; I think its Charles Forte, ex nihilo.

Evolution, DNA in: In so much as evolution supports its concepts, you mean that bigger things come from smaller things and things advance through time...?

Meanwhile, I am taught that fiat lux is the right way to say it, french latin for there was light or let there be light, the proper way to state the creation event, which sort of makes me suspicious that creatio ex materia came even later than ex nihilo, people had been spreading rumors of ex nihilo for some time when someone made up a latin phrase. I think it's modern, sorry, I don't think it's real. Some more research seems to support the reason why everyone is confused meaning that ex nihilo is nonsense. Still, I propose that it was Charles Forte.

Ex nihilo and its concept is sounding beautiful and pure, so it gets around. unlike ex materia. I never hear ex materia.
Germlat

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 06:11 pm
@kiuku,
I like it simplistically . Which came first ...the chicken or the egg? At the end of the day does anything come from nothing? Who created God?
neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 06:48 pm
@Germlat,
Why do you postulate a creator for the creator?
kiuku

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 07:34 pm
@Germlat,
the problem I'm having is that I'm not sure which debate it belongs to, creationist, theist, atheist, or stuff.

I'm not sure that ex nihilo belongs to the egg, and which came first; the big bang theory too, I think, an example of. Is the big bang theory ex nihilo or not? I don't think it was...

That's my problem, the initial problem.

That's what it says, it says nothing---->nothing, and something----> something so no nothing goes to nothing always, and never something according to my theory that there was a written proof, of that, at some point, in Latin, alchemy I think.

However ex nihilo might be Charles Forte though, and it's something like magic; something like fiat; there it is, behold, the sky is bleeding, how else do these miracles work then? from the sky who bleeds?

How Charles Fort might have reasoned it, is interesting to me.

I'm not sure the big bang theory is ex nihilo, that's all I'm saying.
kiuku

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 07:52 pm
@kiuku,
ex. Time creates a wizard, a wizard is god, a wizard creates forms out of the drift of time, because essentially, Time is real 1, if you wait long enough it will create a creator who mends and forms things. (c) I think this is Plato, but it's in my book. That's not ex nihilo that's ex chaos, on who or what creates a creator

I'm not set yet on whether or not ex nihilo is a reality in postulates to figure out what Charles Forte may have meant.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 09:07 pm
@Germlat,
"The need to understand" omits the very important issue of why? Everybody's perception of what reality is can't be answered. Creation of gods is a human malady; nobody can prove that any god exists. It's all in the mind of the perceiver. Humans are still learning about our environment, and there are still many unknowns even on this small planet.

Yes, we have seen many technological and scientific progress during our life time, and humans will continue to pursue knowledge about our species.

When three people witness an accident, and they report different interpretations of what happened, we know us humans have a long ways to go to find truth.

spendius

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 05:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's just re-cycling a load of trite banalities which has been round the block a few million times since Homer was a lad.

"Malady" is where you lose your cool and your supposed scientific sensibility disappears.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 06:57 am
@kiuku,
Time creates a wizard? Hmmmm....I don't understand the reasoning behind your theory. Time in the absence of anything else can create?
Germlat

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 07:02 am
@neologist,
Because the concept of no beginning and no end is messy.
Germlat

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 07:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
I do agree with individuals having unique perceptions. But societies adopt collective perceptions as evidenced by the fact that there are many different religions. I don't view religion as a malady but as a way of self-protection/regulation. However, I also think it has been utilized to control and exploit the masses.
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 08:26 am
@Germlat,
Time and matter. I'm not doing ex nihilo there.
Germlat

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 08:38 am
@kiuku,
Still--I don't get the reasoning for the concept...that time creates the wizard even if it is creatio ex materia.
kiuku

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 08:44 am
@Germlat,
Ok: what is Time?

There is matter and indefiniteness. Time creates a wizard. Eventually a wizard is created in Time. The key word is eventually. Eventually a wizard will occur. Eventually all things occur, but they don't occur at the same time; a wizard makes them occur at the same time called a World, and Earth. A wizard once occurred, when a wizard occurs the wizard can then create other things and make them happen in an intelligent fashion.

Eventually all things must occur, in time and space. Eventually a rabbit occurs, a rabbit is not a wizard though, so things don't occur together in an intelligent way, necessarily but they must singularly occur.
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 10:09 am
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
Because the concept of no beginning and no end is messy.
We have a word for it:
Always
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 10:39 am
@kiuku,
Your wizard idea is an intermediary unnecessary adjective. **** happens through evolution.
kiuku

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 02:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
well it was really just whimsy, about Fate, and a Wizard World, how a wizard world works, how it was possible, about Fate, though, truisms, philosopher's stuff
Germlat

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 05:53 am
@neologist,
It's about a concept not a word. It just was....it simply existed from always? I don't see how it could be possible.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 06:04 am
@kiuku,
Philosophy is creative though not necessarily supported by scientific principles.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 07:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
If you understand anything about evolution

Forget about evolution, can you give some more humane example.

cicerone imposter wrote:
nobody will have to explain the topic of this thread.

This thread is not about evolution, BTW.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Humans evolved from the primate family.

Humans evolved from one single female primat - all of us (on the grounds of the backtrack of the gene patterns), and our father is unknown ... it might have been Lord Vader of Star Wars, eventually.
We are neither cousins to the Varan de Komodo, nor to the Rock Eagle, nor even to the Shark.
     > No match found - sorry, merci, thank you.

RE: Humans now make and fly rockets to mars
1. We haven't landed on Mars yet.
2. Humans make space travel not owing to, but rather despite of the Theory of Evolution and its claims about lack of intelligence in the Universe.
3. What will your favourite Theory of Evolution say about our own intelligence - are we the only creatures that have intelligence here down on the Earth, where does it come from upon birth ... and where does it go after death?
4. What about the out-of-body experience - how can you explain it if your favourite theory of evolution claims that the mind is immanent function of the physical body and its tissues?
0 Replies