How can something come from nothing?

Herald

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 10:13 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
H might mean that lines of latitude and longitude are pure beliefs with no reference to reality but useful for navigating just as Christian beliefs are pure beliefs with no reference to reality

The first part of the sentence is O.K. As far as the second part is concerned - this is not exactly my interpretation.
The very fact that we don't understand s.th.:
1. What is the origin of the Christian beliefs (it is so much different from everything that has existed by the that time ... and by the present moment);
2. Why it is so much different (alien) understanding of the world;
3. Why it is so much different (alien) logic to explain the world in which we are living, etc.
... does not necessarily mean that it is 'with no reference to reality'.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 10:37 pm
Quote:
Cicerone said ..Christian countries have been responsible for the deaths of millions of innocent men, women, and children..

If somebody says they're an Elvis fan, but goes around whistling Barry Manilow tunes all the time, you'd know they weren't an Elvis fan at all.
Likewise if a country says it's a christian country but goes around being nasty, we know it's not really a christian country at all..Smile

Adolf coming out of a church-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/hitler_church.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/gott-m-u.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 12:10 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
if a country says it's a christian country but goes around being nasty, we know it's not really a christian country at all. .. .
Can you name a christian country exempt from your statement?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:02 am
England has always been a Christian country, we went around civilising half the world, and if it wasn't for us the yanks would still be living in wigwams and scalping each other..Smile

For example some heathen redskin tribes used to sling the elderly and infirm out of the tribe to die if they'd "outlived their usefulness" like the old woman in the top pic, but gallant English gentleman Richard Harris steps up to the plate and tells another one "I won't let that happen to you, I'll be your son" (bottom pic)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Man-horse_zpsad973e30.jpg~original
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 10:44 am
@Herald,
Do you have a watch or calendar? LOL
Germlat

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 02:24 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Actually you're absolutely wrong. England hasn't always been Christian....read up on it. The Romans dis a good job though!
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 03:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Do you have a watch or calendar? LOL

This quote is rather irresponsible. Either one has to say something, or he does not write anything at all. Asking abstract rhetorical questions is not an idea of first smartness. Anyway.
Do you have to say something on the theme, LOL?
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 11:31 am
@ripple,
'how' is the first problem with the question. That's the motion set already. Good question though. You can't ask that with 'how' in it. That's why I don't answer, because it doesn't make sense. Ask an adult to try it in Latin. Oh wait, they don't actually know Latin. Stop confusing people adults. That's why. The Latin word for 'why' please, next time. It's basically that 'how' is already supposed [in our universe of things.] The reason anyone would have this question is because they do not know Latin.

Suppose a set of whys: what reason understands about creation, called causality, philosophy in.

meanwhile how is a conundrum that will cause people to become confused and not answer at all; obviously people will be confused if they were explained to that there is a 'how' involved in the first place causing this question, actually; that's what is causing this question; that people are teaching that there is a 'how' involved, accidently, not using Latin to teach these theories. Lack of knowledge of Latin in the classroom, in the theory.

You're right.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 11:56 am
Quote:
Germlat said to me: England hasn't always been Christian....read up on it. The Romans dis a good job though!

It's a bit of a grey area sweetheart, historians can't even put an exact date on when England began.
All we know is that the Romans were running the place when Emperor Constantine declared Christianity was the official Roman religion around 300 AD, and it just snowballed from there, so it's safe to say England has been a Christian country for the past 1700 years.
By comparison America was still occupied by heathen redskins until the English went over and civilised them, so America has therefore been a Christian country for only about 400 years..Smile
kiuku

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 01:32 pm
@ripple,
Points in, understanding first causes

First point: Space and time have always existed.

Causes are always a why or a reason if and when it has a body. If it has a body it is a reason, not a why.

possible whys or reasons include an accident (of the Big Bang Theory), or a God, like Fortuna, or a God like Jehovah.

The details of the Big Bang theory are left out, for obsessing about or focusing on functions in, rather than reasons why. the reason is Fate. Fate caused a 'stormy divide'; sometimes they call it a black hole. Chaos is always a nebula, which is a dark matter, or a form, hence she is a reason and not a why. They are all reasons actually: something that is hard to get into.

But these are the problems people have; the problem is illogic.
kiuku

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 01:49 pm
@kiuku,
maybe because it's not Christian-ad Romeo above

hope that helps, people feel more secure in what are known as causal true theories, of which I am told there are many and people will feel more secure in stating their own, by the way. Like..God's love.

Lucifer means Light from Darkness by the way.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 09:16 pm
@kiuku,
Something always comes from nothing: the proof is all around us!

So many gods.......
Herald

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 10:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Something always comes from nothing: the proof is all around us!

Can you prove that this is not general talk just thrown up into the air and could you give an example of this (with the proper justification, if possible).
     1. That the assumptions of the example that you will give, are true and valid.
     2. The origin of that 'something' is exactly the 'nothing' (the non-existence of anything that may cause it otherwise in the physical world)
     3. That 'the something' came exactly from 'the nothing' ... and could not have come from anywhere else.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 11:30 pm
@Herald,
If you understand anything about evolution, nobody will have to explain the topic of this thread.

Humans evolved from the primate family. Humans now make and fly rockets to mars.
kiuku

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
this is what people believe...

I know better. Ex Nihilo is all around us, I agree. Who wants us to think that way?

Ex nihilo is a really bad joke, sorry. I disagree that people came from Monkey and I disagree that "now" we do such and such, rather than someone else did such and such a long time ago and is teaching Man that they do these things too.

Space travel for instance, is conceptual, to me. I disagree that "now" we do anything, I disagree with modern advancement, it's just laughable, and the proof is all around that men and women are actually incompetent.

ex nihilo I suspect is a joke designed to prove Man's abandonment by Reason and Philosophy, the arbitrators of. Because it looks like these are reason's first proofs, very first, that nothing leads to nothing and something always comes from something.

I discovered other jokes.

I am only suspicious about Ex Nihilo, not "why" something comes from nothing rather than 'how' but if you want to argue creation's finer points certainly I won't stop you, or how men go to mars, well maybe.

It just looks like they may have "proven" that nothing can only bring nothing, back in Greece.
kiuku

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 01:20 pm
@kiuku,
I've started doing research on this 'cause';

fancy fact; the word nihilo, and I translated this, by the way, me, only; comes from Nile, the god Nile, I guess when it overflows it kills a lot of stuff; so, there comes the Greek word Aneilos; translated from a quote from Hypatia, Hypatia was murdered by a gang of roaming peasants; I translated this by the way, that's not the old translation, it's the new one; from Aneilos, which also appears on the tombs of fallen gladiators. Anneilos means to kill. Anneilos---->Annihilate---> Nihilo---> Nilos

On pagans, on ancestry:

I think I can find it in their way of thinking too, that clearly they are thinking about 'how do we end it'. Why would they think? How do we end something that is entwined to itself? having apparently proven that nothing goes to nothing. something comes from something. When does that change? I have found other things that are jokes. I have found other jokes.

Something comes from something similar
Something comes from something smaller

I am taught, by my master, that's a bad word, my sire, and that's what I think; people have to be taught. I was taught. I mean there are some things that I figure out by myself but, I'm not self-understanding. My sire isn't here right now, so, I can't really teach to a fact standard.

You: "Something always comes from nothing"

That's an interesting opinion, like an egg, as if an egg is representationally nothing compared to a chicken. Breaks might be a 'credible' answer then. It bursts. 'it', or just bursting. An egg can be a place we agree on unlike Evolution of Ape ancestor when reasoning ex nihilo, how. (I have a point on this later, it's a point which comes from my teacher though)

Evolution is tradition so I can't argue with that, but to say there is a greater tradition by the Mayans who said that when Man was damned God removed his brain and there he became an ape.

But it's really not nothing, you know...I don't know. It seems that people are prone to think in paradoxes rather than possibilities; might be one reason for the lie. Or it might be that, it would simply show that Man's reasoning is deathly poor, while they are allegedly coming up with these 'great' things, so, someone could say it's a Lie, a grand lie like Christians do.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 01:31 pm
@kiuku,
You need more study on DNA and its relationship to evolution. Without this fundamental knowledge about biology, the information you get from other sources are bogus. What 'you believe' has no bearing on what we learn through science.

Try this link from the Smithsonian Institute. http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But "Gods" may come from a need to feel secure and explain what people don't understand. Also from a need to establish boundaries...boundaries often establish security.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 02:59 pm
@Germlat,
This is not about 'need.' It's about why 'something can and does come from nothing.'

Human needs are plentiful, and with all biological systems, we evolve.

As for gods, most cultures 'created' their own gods. From our understanding of human needs, gods have become an essential part of many people's lives. My first post on this forum was about 'gods.'
Germlat

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 02:59 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Ancient times are certainly not black/white but deductive reasoning helps. They may not have been called the Brits but they were still the same people. Same thing with Iran/Persia....See what I mean. BTW--politicians often used religion as a tool to subject people to their rules and even slavery...serfdom, etc. I don't understand your need to brag about processes that are corrupt. I say...that's why the Britts let the Queen off the hook for paying taxes as long as they did. I think assigning power due to closeness to divinity is absolutely idiotic. Only a feeble mind would accept it...or a severely brainwashed individual.
0 Replies