0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 05:32 pm
LOL
Laughing
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 05:40 pm
Not only is this a hoax, it is a dumb question based on a dumb assumption. An IQ number means nothing, other than the ability of the test taker to match answers with the assumptions of the test maker. Intelligence is a much more complex processes.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 05:45 pm
OK
Maybe Shrub has some sort of brain damage from the drinking and coke use. Why can't he speak in coherent sentences without a script?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:37 pm
Maybem but Clinton with the highest? I mean really...
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:38 pm
It may be a hoax, and it may be meaningless numbers, but the order of the list still puts Bush Jr. at the bottom of the pole. What is his real IQ for that matter, and why can't he speak or walk properly? Bush actually hiccups on words when he tries to talk, and half his mouth smiles while the other half frowns. He also shakes his head, no, when he is stating he believes in something or will do something.

I would love to see the arguments in favor of Bush having an intelligence at all that isn't damaged by drug abuse for all the world to see. Those red-faced, gin-blossom guys are easy to spot, and no matter how smart they used to be, there is something misfiring due to all that excess coloring.

Then there is Bush's career record - one bail-out after another. Not a sign of intelligence, at least, in the practical sense. This pattern has followed him into the White House also, because, with all partisan hatred aside, people couldn't be questioning him so much about everything if there was nothing to be questioned in the first place.

"Why can't you see that this ship is sinking?" - Annie Lennox
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:41 pm
Quote:
An IQ number means nothing,

IQ numbers may not be the entire answer in terms of measuring intelligence, but it does indicate certain mental abilities. I certainly would want the leader of the free world to score on the sunny side of the bell curve!
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:42 pm
Clinton at 185 is I admit, astonishing. Depending on the type of test you take, genius kicks in above 130 or 160. What was Einstein, 250? ( asking rhetorically).

But Bush in the 90s makes perfect sense. Just another average Joe Six-Pack, or should I say Silver-Coke-Spoon?

Hell, I clock in at 128, but I don't recall which test I took. I'm not a genius, but I am not a dummy either. 90 is supposed to be just average. And that is exactly what Bush is, just average. We lowered the bar on presidential prestige with this guy, and it was a big mistake.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:43 pm
The scores listed are entirely unbelievable, even if IQ tests aren't accurate.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:43 pm
Umbagog wrote:

I would love to see the arguments in favor of Bush having an intelligence at all that isn't damaged by drug abuse for all the world to see. Those red-faced, gin-blossom guys are easy to spot, and no matter how smart they used to be, there is something misfiring due to all that excess coloring.

I'll match my drug-ravaged brain against yours any time. ;-)
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:45 pm
I fall inbetween Johnson and Truman, and there are worse positions to land in here.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:47 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Umbagog wrote:

I'll match my drug-ravaged brain against yours any time. ;-)

I would match Craven's drug-ravaged mind against most anyone!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:48 pm
Umbagog wrote:
I fall inbetween Johnson and Truman, and there are worse positions to land in here.

Seriously dude, don't take the numbers seriously. There's no way to access IQ remotely in the manner this hoax claims.
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:49 pm
There's one missing on the list

13. 85, John Jack Relative
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:50 pm
BTW, if you wanna play games with stats and try to estimate Bush's IQ try 117.

This is based on a comparison of IQ:SAT between Bush and Gore.

Both of their SATs are known and Gore's IQ is known.

You can read more about it in the article linked to by snopes.

That'd be better than the hoax but an all-inclusive IQ:SAT ratio would be more sound.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:52 pm
Drug-Soaked v. Drug-Ravaged might be an interesting challenge, Craven de Kere. If nothing else, it would prove that drug use doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence failure. There has to be an upper limit here though, when the real damage is unavoidable, which is of course what I am suggesting 20 0dd years or coke and booze can do to a brain...

But the challenge would have to have strict rules, and it would have to be in an area where we both have muscle. And of course, a strict schedule of events would have to be adhered to, as well as an outside party deciding who wins or not, and why...

I suggest if you are serious, you post a challenge guideline as a preliminary. I mean, I am a little irratic now, and am in and out of the house at wierd times in this quest to find a job of mine, and that takes precedent over all else at this time. On top of that, if I don't find a job soon I won't have any internet or long, and I wouldn't want to disappear in the middle of a great debate on A2K. I am also at a slight disadvantage at this time, because I do not have my finger on the pulse of A2K yet, and would want to get a better taste of the flavor before stepping into the Colluseum.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:55 pm
Umbagog,

I don't have any real plans for brain battles. It can't be done accurately over the net.

But you've already made my point. "Drug use doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence failure."

You based an argument about Bush's intelligence on that.

Incidentally I don't think Bush is too bright but he's certainly smarter than most give him credit for.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:56 pm
I don't take IQW numbers seriously. All they say is how well you can deduce things from the available evidence. They say nothing about personal skills and interactive leadership abilities or research abilities or organizational skills and all the rest involved with a successful intelligence. Hell, I have a 128 but I can't find a good job to save my life, quite literally. Most people bore me. The ones that don't though, excite me tremendously. Intellectual stimulation is more satisfying to me than sexual gratification is, but I admit, it is a toss-up depending on my mood, and to find both in one body, now that would be the kicker.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 07:09 pm
My argument for Bush wasn't exactly that. As my personal to the left indicates, I am fond of nature, and I can still make a point or two when I want to. I'm totally against drug testing for this reason. A reasonable user isn't adversely affected like people suggest they are, or worry about them being. If that were true, anyone drinking regularly can't be trusted to hold an important position because alcohol impairs judgement right up there with the worst of them.

What I am arguing is that there must be a natural upper limit to this. Brain cells, once dead, stay dead. They are not replaceable like other cells in the body. Sustained and horrific damage must manage to take a good whack at millions and millions of the trillions of brain cells we have. Add two decades to the equation, and you are talking serious damage if intake has been great all along.

I'm 42, and still look like I am 32. I've seen plenty of buddies age dramatically because of their voracious appetite for a variety of drugs year after year. They look like they are in their fifties, and they look at me in horror for not developing the racoon eyes, the pasty look or the gin blossoms, never mind the lousy health and misfiring brain that comes with abuse of drugs.

I contend that Bush abused drugs like any old weekend warrior partyer, of which there are many in this country. He had the money to back up the abuse, and the family to quietly gloss over it all. His speech patterns prove it. If he is so scared and shy about talking in front of people, what is he doing as CIC? Furthermore, his career track record suggests someone is too busy getting high than to run a business successfully.

Bush is exhibiting signs of degenerative mental processes due to severe drug abuse and the resulting damage. Now if that is true, he shouldn't be the CIC. God might start speaking to him in the rigors of his withdrawal demons, and he might see fit to start smiting the heathens all over the planet.

Sure, I am being dramatic here. But do you let your kid get drunk and then hand him the keys to the new Lexus?

Another spin here I like is the anti-Christ spin. The Anti-Christ is reputed to be one who suffers a grievous head wound that miraculously heals before he rises to power. Cocaine and alcohol can easily cause a head "wound", and Bush being reborn religiously before rising to power fits into this myth as well.

And having your finger on the nuclear trigger is the biggest rise to power there is.

I think you might want to understand me here somewhat in that I will post things I've learned or heard without necessarily believing them per se. I try to expand the insights I see people posting, and what I believe doesn't necessarily fall right alongside it. I'm a non-practising Cathollic who got out of the Church at age 8, and lemme tell ya, had I not, one of those buggers would have wanted me. I still can't keep old men off my ass - literally. They think they have the right to paw me quietly, and they find out really quick just how particular I am about who gets to touch my ass.

Twisted Evil

Point being, I am posting stuff to make you think, not expound my beliefs as if I am so great or something. I'm actually quite humble to know me.
0 Replies