America, land of the Ashcroft-haters

Fedral

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:12 pm
America, land of the Ashcroft-haters[/u]
Michelle Malkin
March 10, 2004

Those oh-so-compassionate liberals could hardly contain their glee upon hearing the news that Attorney General John Ashcroft is suffering from a severe case of gallstone pancreatitis.

"He has it coming. He is utterly sub-human and evil. Suffer, bastard," gloated an Internet user on the DemocraticUnderground.com Web site. "(T)he world would be better off without him," responded another writer on the forum. "I hope he is in the most severe pain a human being can suffer, and after that, I hope he remains in constant pain with no hope of relief," chimed in yet another bleeding-heart Democrat. Out in Hollywood, comedian Bill Maher echoed these unsparing sentiments during his HBO talk show monologue, speculating that Ashcroft contracted his unimaginably painful and potentially deadly illness from "wiping his (expletive) with the Bill of Rights." The audience roared with laughter.

It is not the incivility of the Ashcroft-haters that galls me. It is the unmitigated insipidity and apathy they display toward what this man and his department have done to protect their right to be free, safe and stupid.

On the day he was admitted to the hospital last week, for example, Ashcroft was scheduled to speak at a Justice Department news conference. He was set to announce the convictions of three jihadists who trained in Virginia on behalf of the Taliban and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LET), a Pakistani terrorist group. The defendants spun their usual "woe-is-me/Islam is a Religion of Peace/I'm an innocent victim of racial profiling" tales for their tearful relatives and a sympathetic media. But the Justice Department didn't buy their stories. And neither did U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema, a Clinton appointee, who blasted the terror cell members' cover stories for traveling abroad to wage holy war as "incredible" and "simply implausible."

Masoud Ahmad Khan, 32, of Gaithersburg, Md., was convicted on eight counts: conspiracy; conspiracy to levy war against the United States; providing support to the Taliban; conspiracy to provide support to LET; firearms conspiracy; and three counts of use of firearms in connection with a crime of violence.

Former Marine Seifullah Chapman, 32, of Alexandria, Va., was convicted of conspiring to provide material support to LET; conspiracy; firearms conspiracy; possession of firearms in connection with a crime of violence; and use of a firearm in connection with a crime of violence.

And Hammad Abdur-Raheem, 35, of Falls Church, Va., was convicted of conspiring to provide material support to LET; conspiracy; and firearms conspiracy.

(By the way, where are all the gun controllers to praise the Justice Department for pursuing strict enforcement of their laws? Hmm? They must be out to lunch with all the moderate Muslim leaders getting ready to praise Ashcroft for going after fanatical extremists who give their religion a bad name. Right?)

The media elite belittled the Ashcroft prosecutions of these Islamists because they practiced on a paintball field. But brushing off these warriors as "paintball terrorists" would be as irresponsible as shrugging off the Sept. 11 hijackers as "video game terrorists" because they trained for their murderous missions on flight simulator software. "For the defendants and their co-conspirators," Judge Brinkema wrote, "these games were viewed as not just an opportunity for outdoor exercise, fellowship and an opportunity to improve self-defense skills, but also as preparation for real combat."

Every single time Ashcroft has brought charges against jihadists in America, he has been mocked and vilified. Every single time he has tightened the screws on Islamic terror recruitment and financing, he has been lambasted as a racist. Every single time they have been arrested, the defendants have proclaimed their absolute innocence. And each time Ashcroft has won convictions against them -- neutralizing terror cells in Lackawanna, N.Y., Portland, Detroit, and now northern Virginia -- he has been met with more condemnation and derision.

John Ashcroft has nobly taken on the grueling job of protecting a nation of ingrates who take joy in his illness while terrorists continue to plot to kill us all. God bless you, Attorney General, and get well soon. America, land of the free and home of the thankless, needs you back.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,075 • Replies: 57
No top replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:25 pm
Again, no link, and an obvious slant. I suspect it isn't just the liberals that are not overly fond of Ashcroft. Once again we get half the problem being pawned off as the entire problem, and poorly at that. Bile has a horrible taste that lingers in your mouth if you are unfortunate enough to get some in there. I'm barely into my tenth article by Fedral and already it is pretty clear that no link means it isn't worth reading, and very well may have been altered in some way. Trust has to be earned, not expected. All in all, this kind of political hacking is not only naive, but downright childish.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:27 pm
I hate Ashcroft. I am not a liberal, or a democrat for that matter. He is turning back the clock on our civil rights, and it isn't his business to decide for us how we want to live so long as we aren't trampling on others to live that way.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:28 pm
I do not hate Ashcroft or wish his illness and pain on him. I hate his policies and can't wait to see him get the boot, and in fedrals and those like him's world, that means I hate him. No sense being concerned, these folks are incapable of a broader view, and their representatives have had their fifteen.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:29 pm
Links? You want links? Well here you go .... read up Umb, you might just learn something beyond the constant stream of liberal lies you seem to regurgitate regularly:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/michellemalkin/mm20040310.shtml
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:35 pm
Fedral- Instead of copying and pasting, IMO it would be better for you to provide a link, and then some comments of yours on the article. In this political climate, simply copying an article, without providing a citation, automatically lessens the credibility of the information.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:36 pm
Whoops............you beat me to it. Thanks!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:38 pm
You know, I am the first to proudly fly the flag of "Ashcroft hater." I admit I would shed no tears at the man's death, and would probably celebrate it. But this piece's attempt to portray him as some sort of hero is so ridiculous it makes one question the average "conservative's" IQ.
In his term as AG, he has managed to intimidate federal prosecuters into asking for more death penalties, judges into stiffer sentencing,and harrassed and intimidated innocent people simply because of their Islamic faith. The case in Castle Rock comes to mind, where Ashcroft named the head of a family of Pakistani grocers as a terrorist (the man was later tried and acquitted on immigration violations. The government prosecuter never apologized for the slander perpetrated by Ashcroft.) as does the experience of the "Evansville Eight."
Lets not forget Ashcroft's "heroic" subpoenaing of medical records, or his comments comparing those who question US policy to "terrorists," or "traitors." I guess you are especially proud of how your hero lost an election to a dead man, and how one of his first official actions was to cover the "obscene' semi-nude stwtue of justice.
Ashcroft is scum, and if ther is a god, I hope he doles out to Ashcroft the same fate he has so blithely granted to so many in this life: fear and terror and pain and suffering.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:45 pm
Now now hobbit, don't get your furry feet in a tangle.... after all, YOU are directly responsible for this article.

As I have said before, for each left wing wacko article I find on our board each day, I feel myself karmically obligated to post an equally unbalanced right wing article to allow the innate karma of this board to balance properly.

This article was in response to your:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20303

Just helping to keep the Earth's orbit balance for over a third of a century.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 02:51 pm
townhalldotcom is, to the right, what the oniondotcom or whitehousedotorg is to the left (without the humour-or the credibility)
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:05 pm
Fedral wrote:
Now now hobbit, don't get your furry feet in a tangle.... after all, YOU are directly responsible for this article.

As I have said before, for each left wing wacko article I find on our board each day, I feel myself karmically obligated to post an equally unbalanced right wing article to allow the innate karma of this board to balance properly.

You see, Hobitbob,
It's not information, it's
Retaliation.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:09 pm
dyslexia wrote:
townhalldotcom is, to the right, what the oniondotcom or whitehousedotorg is to the left (without the humour-or the credibility)

I disagree with you there dys, many (not all of course) of the featured authors of the articles on townhall.com are people of vast education and experience that are writing articles, the subjects of which, they truly believe in. (unlike the Onion which is just a pure humor/satire site) as to credibility, some of the writers on townhall served in government, some in the White House itself, so I don't think some of them lack credibility.

Do I feel that some of the articles here are biased?

Sure, but no moreso than some of the comically laughable articles posted by hobbit, pistoff,au1929 and BBB.

Keep in mind, they seem to think their articles make sense. To those of us on the right, their articles are as ridiculous as some of you find my postings.

The result ?

KARMIC BALANCE Laughing
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:12 pm
Yes, I hate Ashcroft.

Ashcroft is quite simply the most dangerous man in America. He is the man who is making the 9/11 attacks successful.

The terrorists tried to cause terror and to take away our liberties. They will fail on both counts because America is strong enough to heal itself from the attacks with democracy and decency and intellengence.

But Ashcroft is helping the terrorists at their goal with vague threats and Patriot Acts and secrecy and refusal to give due process rights to American citizens and spying on religious and peace groups (including the Quakers for goodness sakes) and (the list goes on)...

Ashcroft continues to hurt our country with reactionary partisan attacks on her very soul. I was amazed total foolishness when he protected the rights of terrorists to buy guns without leaving a record, but not their rights to check out library books!

It is not my nature to wish ill on anyone, but I believe that Ashcroft just may be the Anti-Christ of the Biblical book of Revelations. When he recovers it will just confirm these suspicions.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:27 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Fedral wrote:

You see, Hobitbob,
It's not information, it's
Retaliation.

Ahh..retaliation, How very republican. Wink
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:21 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Yes, I hate Ashcroft.

Bully for you!

ebrown_p wrote:
Ashcroft is quite simply the most dangerous man in America. He is the man who is making the 9/11 attacks successful.

He is?! Shocked Someone should have told Osama that and he could have saved himself all that trouble! Especially before Ashcroft even had any say in American governance!

ebrown_p wrote:
The terrorists tried to cause terror and to take away our liberties. They will fail on both counts because America is strong enough to heal itself from the attacks with democracy and decency and intellengence.

Yes, they will fail because of those reasons. But also don't forget about the A$$ Whopping they have been receiving.

ebrown_p wrote:
But Ashcroft is helping the terrorists at their goal with vague threats and Patriot Acts and secrecy and refusal to give due process rights to American citizens and spying on religious and peace groups (including the Quakers for goodness sakes) and (the list goes on)...

Oh, wait...I see what you're getting at here! Because 2 Americans, who are suspected of helping the terrorists, or planning to get a dirty bomb into an American city have been detained, ALL Americans are at risk!!!

C'mon now...other than the talk from the media and such, is there ANY EVIDENCE that the Patriot Act has fulfilled any of it's demonized goals of surpressing American Freedoms?

ebrown_p wrote:
Ashcroft continues to hurt our country with reactionary partisan attacks on her very soul. I was amazed total foolishness when he protected the rights of terrorists to buy guns without leaving a record, but not their rights to check out library books!

See, I thought he was protecting AMERICAN rights to buy guns. You are greating a double standard here. Patriot Act vs. American rights to arms...Can't have it both ways here, ebrown_p...

ebrown_p wrote:
It is not my nature to wish ill on anyone, but I believe that Ashcroft just may be the Anti-Christ of the Biblical book of Revelations. When he recovers it will just confirm these suspicions.

Very grandiose of you, but maybe you are exagerrating for affect here? Maybe a little drama?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 06:24 pm
McG,

When ebrown_p says that Ashcroft made 9/11 successful he's not talking about the actual act but saying that Ashcroft is empowering the act through the perceived erosion of liberties.

A point I don't agree with but I think you are addressing an entirely different one.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 07:01 pm
McGentrix is just gleeful that someone is getting an ass whopping. It oozes from all his postings.

IMO there's a fundamental flaw not in people who go to war and indulge in the killing and bloodshed that attend it, but those like McGentrix who have a hard on for it....especially when they are watching the action from a safe distance.....

that's not a personal attack on McGentrix, although I certainly lump him into that most distasteful of groups.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 09:42 am
Do to genetic issues, I am the first male in my family in the last four generations who hasn't been in the military. If I could have, I would have joined the military as well so don't go spoutin' off about crap you know nothing about.

Am I gleeful that the terrorists are getting their asses handed to them? You bet. Do I wish we lived in a world where that wasn't necessary? Yes to that as well, but as we don't live in a liberals dream world, we are forced to defend ourselves and that involves risk and death.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 09:44 am
McGentrix wrote:
Do to genetic issues, I am the first male in my family in the last four generations who hasn't been in the military. If I could have, I would have joined the military as well so don't go spoutin' off about crap you know nothing about.

Am I gleeful that the terrorists are getting their asses handed to them? You bet. Do I wish we lived in a world where that wasn't necessary? Yes to that as well, but as we don't live in a liberals dream world, we are forced to defend ourselves and that involves risk and death.

How lucky for you.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 09:46 am
Have you tried Lithium? I hear that helps...
0 Replies