Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,469 • Replies: 41
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 06:47 pm
thought you were going to say "play hockey."
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 08:20 pm
Tis a grand and noble deed you speak of!

I'm a universal donor, O-, everybody wants my blood and I have no problem donating it either.

Supplies are low folks, so hurry up and be a hero!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 08:22 pm
SP, still have to wait until feb/march because I stuck myself with a used needle - my cat's insulin needle!
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 08:26 pm
You are a party animal, little k.

I had jaundice in utero, so I am not eligible, but I would if I could.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 08:52 pm
really? how's that happen?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:49 am
What's wrong with this picture?

Yes, there's a blood shortage. But...most of the donated blood is discarded by labs, anyway! Mr. Green
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:05 am
I give blood from time to time, but I do not agree that someone may need it more than I do. I cannot live without blood in vessels either. Only if this "someone" is Count Dracula...Evil or Very Mad Laughing
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:43 am
Mom had appendicitis when she was carrying me.

Almost didn't make it.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:47 am
Max:

Please clarify the reasons why you can't give blood. Idea
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 11:03 pm
Hi SP! I am a type A blood donor. The RC sends me word of where the next collection in my area will be, once I'm elegible to donate again.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 07:23 am
this month I got three cards for three different towns, and one phone call!
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 08:07 am
I've been turned away every time I go to give blood, because you have to weigh at least 110 pounds Crying or Very sad Next time I'll lie and see if they'll take me. I'm not that skinny.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 01:03 pm
I usually give blood whenever there is a red cross blood donation thing in our town. However, this year I gave myself a new tattoo for my 40th birthday. In Germany you are not allowed to give blood for at least six months after you got a tattoo. So they'll get my blood next year.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 01:44 am
After answering the lifestyle questions they didn't want mine.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 03:04 am
New Haven wrote:
What's wrong with this picture?

Yes, there's a blood shortage. But...most of the donated blood is discarded by labs, anyway! Mr. Green

I may annoy alot of people but I have to agree with NH.

If you remember after the 9/11 attacks it was reported that most of the blood being donated across America was being sold to other countries? The citizens wanted to or at least felt they were doing the right thing, but the realities of the situation were otherwise. In any case, the blood hopefully made it to someone who truly needed it.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 07:10 am
The other thing about the rise in donations after 9/11/2001 was that folks got all patriotic and donated blood. a good thing, right? Well, for one, 9/11 just didnt' leave many injured who needed blood. and blood has a finite shelf life (I forget but it's not more than months) and these patriots thought they had done their parts.

Give blood whenever you can! It's ALWAYS needed!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 08:23 am
They won't take mine... One of the hazards of traveling to/living in the Middle East. 6 years to go before they'll take it again...
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 03:12 pm
Middle East??? As far as I know, occurrence of AIDS in my country (and it is surely located in the Middle East) is lower than in the USA. I believe that in the neighboring Arab countries AIDS statistics must be even better due to extreme conservatism of Muslims in everything referring to sex. How can it be that Mideastern blood is considered unacceptable?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 04:29 pm
I used to give blood until the local powers-that-be decided on new disqualifier: Turns out I've spent too much time in the UK since 1980. No way to screen for mad cow disease, evidently...
0 Replies