The nurse who took the prank call committed suicide

Mame

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 12:56 pm
@izzythepush,
She lives in the country and has done for 9 years. Surely she's heard the Queen's voice a few times. She's elderly and has a very distinctive voice. I don't live there but I think I'd recognize it.

She felt she betrayed her employer by forwarding a phone call?

Don't you think that's a little extreme? Doesn't it sound like she has mental health issues if she thinks that? Were people actually laughing at her and humiliating her? Or did she just think that?

There's been no word here of the other nurse, the one that breached privacy and protocol. What happened to her?
BillRM

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 01:12 pm
@Mame,
You know let said the President have one if his daughters in the hospital and a call came into the nursing station by someone who is claiming to be Obama now are you going to say sorry but your voice does not sound right or I am not allow to tell you your daughter condition by the hospital policy and piss off both the President and a worry father?

Policy or no policy how likely is the hospital going to support some low level nurse if the President is as mad as hell instead of being understanding or the queen for that matter?
Mame

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 01:40 pm
@BillRM,
Sorry, but here you are not allowed to give information over the phone. You have to go in and show ID. If you're not on the visitor's list, you don't get in.

You have to give lots of information over the phone just to get a call answered by the phone or cable company, never mind banks, credit card companies, etc. There's a very strong Privacy Information system here, and people's personal medical situations are not open to discussion. They also won't discuss much with you in person about the patient even if you are family - they tell the patient and the patient's spouse.
BillRM

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 02:24 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
There's a very strong Privacy Information system here, and people's personal medical situations are not open to discussion. They also won't discuss much with you in person about the patient even if you are family - they tell the patient and the patient's spouse.

Where is over there England and if so you are talking about the queen that all UK citizens are the subject of.

Yes we know how it is suppose to work now here the real world.

If it was the queen and a nurse did not give the information she ask for concerning her grandson wife I would bet that the head of the Hospital would be woken up likely by the head of your national health trust or whatever it is call.

The queen would get her informations and there would be a number of very annoy high power persons in relationship to the two nurses.
spendius

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 02:53 pm
@aspvenom,
Quote:
I don't think the incident fits into a bully scenario.

What was the motive then. It would never enter my head to pull a stroke like that. Nor that of the vast majority of people. It was a clever-dick, gratuitous whim which took no account of anything other than its own clever-dickiness.

What sort of head does it enter. That of somebody whose position in life has gone to their heads. Suppose the nurse hadn't killed herself. The cops on the special protection team are all in the ****. All behind the scenes. We wouldn't be talking about the matter.

It wasn't broadcast live. It was recorded and run past the legals before being aired as I understand it. Why?

The very idea of the Queen calling up at that time would bend imaginations. Throw minds out of gear. How fast do you think people can think with that on their plate? What sort of calls come in the middle of the night? Bad news calls are what. Bad news calls from the Queen. Ye Gods!! I'm not sure I could think straight with that and I'm pretty cool.

A future monarch will have to go through life knowing that his or her very existence created the death of a dedicated nurse. As will Prince William and the Duchess. Just so some pillocks can have a laugh.

It was bullying to me if not de jure, de facto. I think de jure. Somebody here has been charged with multiple manslaughter for having a firework display next to a motorway which is thought to have distracted motorists and caused a giant pile-up.

And another thing--if it works and everybody has a good laugh about two big-heads putting one over on the Establishment it will be copy-catted and all their stupid admirers will be at it next. They are role models.

It represents a loss of general direction. Egos on a trip of their own without afterthought. Breakdown in educational and recruitment procedures.

The state of mind of the nurse is neither here nor there.

How about impersonating the Head of the Commonwealth? And the Head of the Police Service. Impersonating a police officer is an offence under all circumstances I imagine. Impersonating anybody is calculated to deceive.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 02:56 pm
@Mame,
I never said it her reaction wasn't extreme, but I was trying to put it into context.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 02:59 pm
@Mame,
I have an Indian "son". My Taxi drivers are Indian. I facebook one of their girlfriends in India and I have a young lady from India that often chats about her life with me.

One thing for sure is, Izzy is correct and as I thought, previously posted, it is a Cultural thing, saving face, shame, amongst their people. Regardless of whether she committed suicide, her fear of her name and actions being plastered across the World, amongst her people, her family, how her race will then treat her family, her thoughts of "dis-honor" to her boss, her family coupled with her own depression in my opinion made her commit suicide.

The depression alone did not.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 02:59 pm
@BillRM,
It's illegal to get confidential medical information over here on anyone. I suppose in the 'real world,' where you can kill a teenager for carrying a packet of skittles, people's personal medical information is available to all and sundy.
BillRM

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 03:04 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
The very idea of the Queen calling up at that time would bend imaginations

I would assume that even the queen have the normal concerns of a grandmother and in this case toward her great grandchildren to be so awaking up and wishing to know Kate condition is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Quote:
It was bullying to me if not de jure, de facto. I think de jure. Somebody here has been charged with multiple manslaughter for having a firework display next to a motorway which is thought to have distracted motorists and caused a giant pile-up.

Well it might be argued that a reasonable person could foresee accidents happening due to fireworks by a highway but a suicide due to a prank call come on now!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
How about impersonating the Head of the Commonwealth?

Without question some charge could be drum up but it would fly like a lead balloon.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 03:07 pm
@izzythepush,
I
Quote:
suppose in the 'real world,' where you can kill a teenager for carrying a packet of skittles,

Carrying a pocket full of skittles where beating the hell out of a man and trying to crack the sidewalk using his head as a tool to do so......LOL.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 03:10 pm
@BillRM,
I can see why you would sympathise with a racist murderer who has a history of sexual violence.
BillRM

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 03:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
with a racist murderer

You mean the racist who went to black churches to get a campaign going to correct the injustice of a false arrested of a homeless black man?

One hell of a racist.........once more LOL.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 03:44 pm
@BillRM,
Sorry Bill, Websters New Collegiate says its a noun or an adjective. ITS AN INTRANSITIVE VERB requiring an action verb in association (like to commit suicide).
Using ENglish.com also stated that, "suicide MAY have had a verb usage (once)" but the author's never seen its use (I would imagine the awkwardness just riles native english speakers).

It just appears wrong Bill, and along with your other linguistic charms, it just rolls up the rug. I shouldnt bitch, my spelling quirks are a pain in the ass .BUT, I usually construct my voices and tenses correctly .

I now return control over to the original voice

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 04:01 pm
I feel sorry for the DJs too.

Did you see the lady pluck at the guy's shirtsleeve as if he was the only person in the world she could turn to for comfort?

I bet you won't catch her saying any of the things being said on here. She's distraught. She's been turned inside out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 04:05 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
That makes sense, Found Soul.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 04:16 pm
I don't see how any tin-pot amateur psychoanalysis of Jacintha has any bearing on the case.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 04:41 pm
@spendius,
Humans get to have opinions on situations we hear about.

Bearing on the case? I figure the hospital has a few more "these are the rules" meetings to hold, and, who knows, maybe they already had those before all this.

People react humanly - the Queen's on the phone!!!

I don't really blame anyone in this situation, have sympathy for all, less for the djs, but I don't condemn them either.

I've told this story before on a2k, but here it goes again:
Back in the later 1960's I ran (all by myself) an immunology clinical lab at a university medical building. That was my first such job and I worked my buns off. Some of the testing we did was relatively new as labs went. Anyway, Prince Philip was there on a visit, and I was warned by the department office that the head of the department was bringing him to visit my lab in a few minutes.

I went to the restroom and stayed there for what I figured was enough time.
This was a mixed reaction. I was then still a shy sort of person, utterly polite though beginning to change and relax on that. And, I'm 15/16ths irish and 1/16 welsh, though at some lengthy remove, mostly a Californian. I've never been all that knocked out by English history as something I should just like (I have similarly irish friends who were pretty in love with England, sort of like me with Italy). I'm not very antagonistic either. In memory, I was enough irritated that I had an extensive pee break. One of my ruder moments.

So, human to human with probably opposite reactions and backgrounds, I understand, I think, the woman's despair, however complicated.
BillRM

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 04:50 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
It just appears wrong Bill, and along with your other linguistic charms, it just rolls up the rug. I shouldnt bitch, my spelling quirks are a pain in the ass .BUT, I usually construct my voices and tenses correctly .

I guess I will need to commit suicide out of shame........ Drunk
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 05:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Humans get to have opinions on situations we hear about.

Yeah--I know. I expressed one.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 05:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I can see why you would sympathise with a racist murderer who has a history of sexual violence.

I can sympathise with anybody. Even ******* Hitler. I can turn Godwin's Law into gibberish if I feel like it.
0 Replies