please help me check a letter of thanks.

ziawj2

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 08:07 am
Please help me check a letter of thanks to make it natural and acceptable to native speakers. Thank you.
I'm so excited to get the powder box from you! It’s so much delicate and must be the best present I’ve ever received for a birthday. How could you always know what I really want! Nowhere can I find such a friend as sweet as you! You always give me surprise on my birthday! I almost can’t wait for my next anniversary! Sweetheart, thank you so much!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,475 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fresco

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 09:19 am
@ziawj2,
I suggest..

It was so exciting to receive your present of the powder box ! It's delightfully delicate and must be one of the best birthday presents I've ever had. Your ever successful choice of what I would really like is amazing. Nowhere could I find.....(The rest... no change except "anniversary" to "birthday")
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 01:05 pm
@ziawj2,
Zia, Fres did well. To preserve your style however,

I'm so excited to get the powder box! It’s so delicate and doubtless the best birthday present ever. How could you always know! Nowhere is a friend as sweet! Always the surprise! Sweetheart, thank you so much!!!

I don't like the "Nowhere" immediately following the "know" but use your judgment and feel, free to replace or juggle where you disagree with my take
0 Replies