Jack244

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 06:03 am
Right so there is this girl that I really love. I talk to her a lot over facebook and texting and we talk about loads of stuff like what we want do in life and other really close stuff. But in real life at school we are not in the same friendship group so we don't really talk that much. She has always said that she doesn't see the point in relationships at our age (15), but then one night I told her that I liked her and she said she doesn't want a boyfriend and I asked when she would want one and she said maybe next year. BTW she has been asked out by many guys and she has said the same thing to them.

Now there is this other girl that likes me and is apparently going to ask me out. I used to like her but don't that much any more since I met this other girl . So what do I do, do I wait till next year to ask out my dream girl or do I try and get over her with this other girl that I don't really like but might learn to like over time. WHAT DO I DO?

View best answer, chosen by Jack244
jespah

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 08:33 am
@Jack244,
I think your alleged dream girl is going to find some other excuse next year.

As for the other one, don't go out with people if your heart isn't really in it. It's not fair to the other girl at all.

But I would advise you to look outside this so-called dream girl. She's putting everybody off, at least according to you. She might be serious about her studies (if that's the reason, then she'll only get more serious next year, and you will be put off again). She might be unsure about her sexuality. She might think all boys your age are jerks. She might be asexual. She might be super-religious. Who knows?

But I do think you need to think long and hard about what message it sends when this purported dream girl won't even hang out with you in public. Is she, perhaps, ashamed by you? Unwilling to show her friends and her peer group that you are friends?

Not very nice, eh?
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 08:48 am
"going out" does not mean you are tied to a person forever. It just means spending a certain amount of time on a date with them.

Learn to be "casual." You don't have to declare a "girlfriend" right now.

Go out with LOTS of girls. Do far you have looked at just 2. No need to be so serious at your age.
0 Replies

Jack244

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 08:48 am
@jespah,
Yeh I guess your right, maybe I should just give up and move on.
Ragman
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 09:34 am
@Jack244,
I would say that it's probably the wiser move for you to move on. Sometimes people know that they are not ready (her at 15) or willing to try for a romance.

When I was 15 I thought for sure that I'd make a very good boyfriend for this attractive girl who seemed interested in me. It was wishful thinking. We stayed as friends, though.
0 Replies

vanessa163

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 11:42 pm
In your case, you were just like fishing in a two sides of a both waiting where you should lay down your bate. Be true to yourself and don't make the other girl fooling herself that you're showing motive to have feelings for her.
0 Replies