gol dang it, gosh darn it, dag nab it!

kirsten

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:40 pm
Jesus Davidson
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:43 pm
Hey, you all wanna keep it down in here. I was tryin to catch some zzzzzzzz's and you all scared the bejesus outa me with all your hollerin in here!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:51 pm
Shouldn't that be "B. Jesus"? As in "B. Jesus H. Christ?" And if so, what in tarnation does the B stand for? Or maybe Jesus is just his nickname, shortened from Bejesus. Leapin' Lizards, that guy's name is getting longer and longer!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:54 pm
Yo. I'm fixin' on going horizontal, so can you put a clamp on it? Pleaze?
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:06 pm
Just thought about a friend who overheard her young son reciting the Lord's Prayer:
"Our Father who art in heaven, how do you know my name?"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:15 pm
Hmmm, b as in beelzebub? Why, shoot!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:17 pm
Beelzebub Jesus Harvey Christ? Gadzooks!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:44 pm
Everyone knows that God's first name is Howard. Remember the Lord's Prayer? "Our father Howard in heaven..."

(On a serious note, kickycan, Christ means 'the annointed one.' It's not a family name but a honorific bestowed after the unpleasantness on Mt. Golgotha. It is roughly equivalent to 'Messiah.' which, in ancient Hebrew, also means 'the anointed one.' Sorry for the unpardonable digression into seriousness.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:47 pm
Christ on a pogo-stick, Mr. Wizard, what's goin' on here?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:50 pm
kickycan wrote:
Shouldn't that be "B. Jesus"? As in "B. Jesus H. Christ?" And if so, what in tarnation does the B stand for? Or maybe Jesus is just his nickname, shortened from Bejesus. Leapin' Lizards, that guy's name is getting longer and longer!

Who the heck knows. I just say it cause I like sayin it. you got any problems with that?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:52 pm
Nope. It's all blue potatoes to me. Okay, I admit it, I made that one up.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:53 pm
Holy jumpin jehosebags!!! Is that Setanta I see there?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:54 pm
What in the mashin meatballs are you talkin about Kicky?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 09:55 pm
I can't believe MA is trying to feed us that line of crapola. The "Lord's Prayer" clearly reads: Our Father, who art in heaven, Holloway be thy name . . . . Ergo, ipso fatso, sozyerollady--the H. in Jesus H. Christ stands for Holloway.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:02 pm
I knew a Canadian gal years ago who used to exclaim "Jesus Christ on a biscuit tin."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:49 pm
Have a friend/old boss who now writes thrillers. Can hear him in more than one character, since as they get stressed, the protagonists, male, female, whatever, all say, jesus... as an exclamation.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:50 pm
Good grief, this is friggin' fun.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 12:23 am
Geewillakers... So I guess he really was Irish, Beezlebub Jesus (Mary and Joseph) Howard Murphy Halloway.

Did I get it right or am I missin' a few?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 12:31 am
Well, did you write JMJ on the top of all your school papers, or not?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 10:45 am
Doggone it all. I'm so hungry I could eat a dead horse, though I wouldn't flog it of course, or look it in the mouth (or anywhere else, really) if it was a gift. Course, should this horse start to walk like a duck, look like a duck & quack like a duck, it must be a duck, unless it's something else. And you might think that by trying to drag this horse to water to make it drink I've gone up a creek without a paddle, but at least that's better than being up a creek without a canoe, so I'll try to look on the bright side, & read between the lines coz that's where people write the words.
0 Replies