The Passion of the Liberal

dyslexia

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:27 pm
I have never, on this forum or any other, posted under the name of Fedral.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:28 pm
Umbagog wrote:
... I assume too much, perhaps ...

Yeah, pretty much. You may assume also your welcome here is not boundless. Be advised your permission to post on these boards is at the discretion of this website's Administrative Staff, and subject to the TERMS to which you agreed when enrolling as a member. Behave or be elsewhere. Your call.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:04 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I have never, on this forum or any other, posted under the name of Fedral.

What about Dr. Ferdinand Porsche?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:12 pm
LOL this is beginning to remind me of my replies to my recruiter just prior to joining the Army way back when. One of the recurring questions was:

'Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party or any other organization dedicated to the forcible overthrow of the United States Government.'[/i]

To which, I couldn't HELP myself but to reply:

'Forcible? No sergeant not the forcible overthrow ... no.

Sometimes I just can't resist. Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:22 pm
I'm not crazy about much of what Fedral posts, but I have never seen any dishonesty regarding agenda or politics. I respect that.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:48 pm
I'm still laughing at the thought of Craven and Fedral sharing a pod. I wonder if Hobit or maybe even Pistoff is supposed to be Fedral's other good buddy. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:49 pm
I'm not sure I can take yet another remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:56 pm
I'm chuckling about 'pipsqueak', so wrong, and an ad hominem in itself.

I interject here to say I don't think umbagog really understands the point about not using ad hominems, that he (or she) doesn't see that pursuance of Fedral's posting past is equal to a criticism of the person (hominem) instead of the message and that that is against the Terms of Service. Yes, I know Craven and Timber explained it, but I don't think the point is fully understood.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:13 pm
Ad hominem = adding a hominem, i.e. human to your personal grudge hit list if they don't happen to agree with you. Not an exact definition, but close enough for jazz, as they say.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:45 pm
I think Ann Coulter is hot.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 06:50 pm
I left abuzz 'cause of this kind of crap. I couldn't care less who fedral or umb...is anywhere else, just as long as you're respectful here. Bobsal who?

ha ha ha

The above article was really snide. This woman personifies what journalism has become, personality opinion pieces. They do nothing but create ugly atmosphere. She doesn't really make a point about anything, it's just a rant.
Here at a2k, someone can say that, have it disputed and so on. So far Fedral has done his damndest but hasn't made a dent in swaying my thoughts on conservative politics. He has usually been extremely cordial in his faulty rebuttles of others but I enjoy the exchanges none the less.
I had to wade through all the madness at abuzz to see anything like that there. So I'd prefer not to again. Thanks.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:04 pm
Ceili wrote:
I left abuzz 'cause of this kind of crap. I couldn't care less who fedral or umb...is anywhere else, just as long as you're respectful here.

I had to wade through all the madness at abuzz to see anything like that there. So I'd prefer not to again. Thanks.

Thanks for say this Ceili, I'll second your motion.
0 Replies