Does texting often even matter?

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 10:26 pm
I have gone on 5 dates with a guy in the past 2 weeks. We have countless things in common and get along great. Our makeout sessions are intense & there is definitely a spark.

He hasn't been in very many long term relationships and has told me that he needs to take things slow because he doesn't just get into a relationship with anyone or just to be in one. He needs to make sure he wants to spend his time with that person. If he wants to be with them then he will go in the direction. He also said that if I need to take the physical part slow he's fine with that too as he takes his time slow.

He also told me he is not a texter. He hates texting because there is no tone over texts and things get taken wrong. He would rather talk in person.

Everything seems to be going in the right direction except he doesn't text me and I'm used to a guy texting me when they think of me. If he does text me.. its to plan a date or there have been an occasional question about something we have talked about. If I text him he always responds but sometimes its not right away or it does seem abrupt.

Should I be worried he never texts to just chat? Even though he told me he hates texting.

He does always plan the next dates and when we are together is very attentive to me. All our dates have been dates! Not "hey wanna come over and watch a movie". he always suggests things out on the town.

Could he have several women on the go and this is his way of not having to text them all? Could he really just not be a texter & is in fact thinking of me often?

Thanks for the help

Below viewing threshold (view)
Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 10:47 pm
@Tabouleh,
It's not a crime not to like texting and he was upfront with you about it. And he does text you when he needs to. If I was you I wouldn't be worried about him not texting, but if I was him I'd be worried about you being so paranoid and jealous after only 2 weeks.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 02:44 am
@Tabouleh,
He has told you he doesn't like texting. Maybe you should try listening to him.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 11:56 am
Hurray!!! A guy that will not base or develop a relationship by text!!

Stop being so insecure about your relationship that you need constant reassurance that he is thinking of you. It comes off as needy and guys hate that.

You don't say how old you are, but try to be a little more mature about this guy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 12:00 pm
@Tabouleh,
Tabouleh wrote:
Could he really just not be a texter

yes - and I wish there were more men and women who are not texters
0 Replies

JohnSmith504

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 06:55 pm
@Tabouleh,
Hey, just text me Wink 07884261144